People Are Donating To Planned Parenthood In Mike Pence’s Name

drvoke

ScreenHunter_6535-Oct.-06-16.55.jpg

Pence is a religious lunatic.

This is a great idea for a promotion. It must burn Pence's ass. Good! I am going to donate myself.

The anti-abortion VP-elect receives a certificate every time someone donates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/people-are-donating-to-planned-parenthood-in-mike-pences-name_us_5829c5f3e4b02d21bbc97d12

Here’s a much-needed Monday morning pick-me-up: Women are donating to Planned Parenthood in Vice President-elect Mike Pence’s name.

The donations are, of course, ironic since Pence is an extreme anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ evangelical Catholic. The new VP-elect has effectively led the GOP’s war on Planned Parenthood and completely defunded the women’s health organizationin his home state of Indiana.

“I long for the day that Roe v. Wade is sent to the ash heap of history, when we move past the broken hearts and the broken lives of the past 38 years,” Pence said in 2011.

Well, count on women to reply to Pence’s scary anti-female rhetoric with some humor, wit and activism.

This past Saturday, artist Bethany Cosentino posted a genius screenshot to Instagram. “You can make a donation to Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence’s name and he’ll receive the certificate of the donation,” the post reads.

Actress Amber Tamblyn re-grammed Cosentino’s post, writing: “I’m doing it. You? And if you’re here to comment and tell us to get over it, I’ll block you. You are NOT. WELCOME. HERE.”

Comedian Amy Schumer also re-posted the callout with the caption: “Done and done.”

People on Twitter also tweeted screenshots of their donations that are “in honor of” Mr. Pence himself.

There is never enough money to subsidize the health and family planning of fellow Americans in need. Taxpayer dollars are also a must.

Sorry. Taxpayer funding of abortion is illegal. That's why Planned Parenthood funding needs to be pulled.

They are breaking the law.

If anyone really cared about the poor and children, they would get pissed off

at poor whores and tell them to stop getting pregnant and pass out free

condoms and birth control, including in africa, the mid east and the caribbean

as well as in our cities and poorest communities.

If anyone really cared about the poor and children, they would get pissed off

at poor whores and tell them to stop getting pregnant and pass out free

condoms and birth control, including in africa, the mid east and the caribbean

as well as in our cities and poorest communities.

Better solution is to put birth control in the water, and make people pass a test for the antidote when they want children. /sarcasm

ScreenHunter_6535-Oct.-06-16.55.jpg

Pence is a religious lunatic.

This is a great idea for a promotion. It must burn Pence's ass. Good! I am going to donate myself.

The anti-abortion VP-elect receives a certificate every time someone donates.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/people-are-donating-to-planned-parenthood-in-mike-pences-name_us_5829c5f3e4b02d21bbc97d12

Here’s a much-needed Monday morning pick-me-up: Women are donating to Planned Parenthood in Vice President-elect Mike Pence’s name.

The donations are, of course, ironic since Pence is an extreme anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ evangelical Catholic. The new VP-elect has effectively led the GOP’s war on Planned Parenthood and completely defunded the women’s health organizationin his home state of Indiana.

“I long for the day that Roe v. Wade is sent to the ash heap of history, when we move past the broken hearts and the broken lives of the past 38 years,” Pence said in 2011.

Well, count on women to reply to Pence’s scary anti-female rhetoric with some humor, wit and activism.

This past Saturday, artist Bethany Cosentino posted a genius screenshot to Instagram. “You can make a donation to Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence’s name and he’ll receive the certificate of the donation,” the post reads.

Actress Amber Tamblyn re-grammed Cosentino’s post, writing: “I’m doing it. You? And if you’re here to comment and tell us to get over it, I’ll block you. You are NOT. WELCOME. HERE.”

Comedian Amy Schumer also re-posted the callout with the caption: “Done and done.”

People on Twitter also tweeted screenshots of their donations that are “in honor of” Mr. Pence himself.

So why do they deserve a single penny of taxpayer funds?

It certainly is wise policy from an economic standpoint for the government to fund abortions requested by women who do not wish to give birth.

First, many of these women are poor,and the burden of rearing a baby will make them poorer still, and less valuable to the workforce, as they will require child care.

Second, the amount that the government will need to pay out in Aid to Dependent Children and to fund the education of the child is hugely greater than the cost of an abortion.

Third, unwanted children raised in poverty are much more likely to turn to a life of crime. The baby Golfboy and Blued Evil refused to abort will mug Golfboy and Blued Evil and steal their cars a couple of decades later, and will continue to mug more Golfboys and Blued Evils and steal their cars until he is incarcerated. Then Golfboy and Blued Evil will have to pay taxes to keep him in jail.

And that, dear friends and fellow Liberals is why we call Golfboy and Blued Evil and his ilk IRRATIONAL IMBECILES.

It is completely logical and in the best interests of society to provide abortions at government expense. No one wants to make abortions compulsory. All we ask is that all children that are born are wanted by their mothers.

Perhaps Golfboy's mother did not want him, and that explains why he is so f*cking goofy. Or perhaps she will have changed her mind to see what a total irrational jerk he has become.

But postpartum abortions are impossible.

Pity!

It certainly is wise policy from an economic standpoint for the government to fund abortions requested by women who do not wish to give birth.

First, many of these women are poor,and the burden of rearing a baby will make them poorer still, and less valuable to the workforce, as they will require child care.

Second, the amount that the government will need to pay out in Aid to Dependent Children and to fund the education of the child is hugely greater than the cost of an abortion.

Third, unwanted children raised in poverty are much more likely to turn to a life of crime. The baby Golfboy refused to abort will mug Golfboy and steal his car a couple of decades later, and will continue to mug more Golfboys and steal their cars until he is incarcerated. Then Golfboy will have to pay taxes to keep him in jail.

And that, dear friends and fellow Liberals is why we call Golfboy and his ilk GOOFY.

It is completely logical and in the best interests of society to provide abortions at government expense. No one wants to make abortions compulsory. All we ask is that all children that are born are wanted by their mothers.

Perhaps Golfboy's mother did not want him, and that explains why he is so f*cking goofy. Or perhaps she will have changed her mind to see what a total irrational jerk he has become.

But postpartum abortions are impossible.

Pity!

Breaking News: Birth control soon to be available.

Supposedly, less expensive - less traumatic - less stressful than abortion.

Remains to be seen.

So what? It is never 100% effective..

How effective is it compared to no birth control?

More breaking news: Scientists teach chimpanzee to use condom.

Condoms: Condoms, which also reduce the chance of spreading sexually transmitted diseases, are effective about 85 percent of the time, according to the American Pregnancy Association. Using spermicide along with condoms increases that rate to 95 percent. The Cost: Some health clinics distribute condoms for free. Otherwise, on average, they cost between 20 cents and $2.50 each. For couples that use them twice a week, that averages around $150 a year.

How much does the average abortion cost?
Nationwide, the cost at health centers ranges from about $300 to $1,700 for abortion in the first trimester. The cost is usually more for a second-trimester abortion. Costs vary depending on how long you've been pregnant and where you go.

I do not claim that abortions are any sort of ideal method of birth control. Of course contraceptives are far less expensive than abortions and certainly women are likely to find them as more convenient. I am all for government provided contraceptives at no cost as well.

But the fact is that the government paying for abortions on demand is almost certainly more likely to cost less than denying abortions to women who want them.

And of course, the woman should have the final say about what happens with her own body.

You Forced Birthers make no sense to me. You seem to be in thrall to male domination over women and/or inflicting your religiousl beliefs upon others.

Either way, you suck.

Very pragmatic arguments indeed. Problem is, is it constitutional? Does that even matter?

Even if your economic arguments were true, that does not make it legal/moral.

Very pragmatic arguments indeed. Problem is, is it constitutional?

I fail to see how it could NOT be Constitutional. But frankly, I do not give a damn about that.

Does that even matter?

Not to me. It is not my decision.

Even if your economic arguments were true, that does not make it legal/moral.

My economic arguments are CLEARLY true. There are many countries that supply contraceptives and abortions at no charge, and the economic benefits are easy to determine,.

I suggest we make all this legal. All types of effective and healthy contraception and abortions.

As for morality, that is up to the women and her doctor, not to me, not to you.

You are free to try to convince the women not to have an abortion, of course, but it should not be your decision. Who are you to tell a woman what to do with her own body?

Should we require convicted felons to say 250 Hail Marys and 500 Our Fathers? Please. Let religion use persuasion, not the law.

Very pragmatic arguments indeed. Problem is, is it constitutional?

I fail to see how it could NOT be Constitutional. But frankly, I do not give a damn about that.

Does that even matter?

Not to me. It is not my decision.

It (funding planned parenthood) IS clearly NOT constitutional because it is not an enumerated function of the federal govt.

Glad to see the honesty/clarity with regard to your opinion on the constitution. But many of us have likely guessed that you felt that way about the supreme law of the land.

Carry on...

YOU JUST SAID THEY GET DONATIONS,,, CUT THE FUNDING !!!

The answer is NO.

So why do they deserve a single penny of taxpayer funds?

The healthcare of all Americans should be the concern of the government. We must sacrifice collectively for those most in need.

For those concerned that their tax dollars are being used for abortions, many other services are provided by PP. You can rest assured knowing that your money is being used wisely. The treatment of STDs, for example, is also expensive and can use your money.

Again.I am discussing the wisdom of govt. funded abortions. I am not in any position to write or introduce laws. I am only proposing what makes sense to do.

The government is to authorized by the Constitution to provide for the welfare of its citizens. I see that contraception is clearly a part of this. Appoint me to the Supreme Court and that is how I would vote.

The answer is NO.

The healthcare of all Americans should be the concern of the government. We must sacrifice collectively for those most in need.

For those concerned that their tax dollars are being used for abortions, many other services are provided by PP. You can rest assured knowing that your money is being used wisely. The treatment of STDs, for example, is also expensive and can use your money.

Spoken like a true collectivist.