History Teacher Suspended For Comparing Trump To Hitler

drvoke

Cwy3oTxW8AUs170.jpg

It is difficult to dispute facts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-to-hitler-comparison-teacher-suspended_us_58286a2be4b060adb56edd4e

A California high school teacher has been placed on paid leave after drawing comparisons between Adolf Hitler and President-elect Donald Trump in his classroom.

History teacher Frank Navarro was asked to leave Mountain View High School midday Thursday after a parent wrote an email to the school complaining about his lecture, he told the Monterey Herald.

Navarro, who is a Holocaust scholar, said his lesson was based on facts. Both Trump and Hitler, during their rise to power, vowed to deport foreigners and make their country “great again,” he noted.

“This feels like we’re trying to squash free speech,” he told the paper. “Everything I talk about is factually based. They can go and check it out. It’s not propaganda or bias if it’s based on hard facts.”

Navarro, who has taught at the school for the last 40 years, told The Mercury News that he was not allowed to read the parent’s email and that school officials declined his offer to review his lesson plan with him.

A Change.org petition to reverse Navarro’s administrative leave received more than 6,500 signatures as of Sunday morning.

The petition quotes Navarro as saying: “To stand quiet in the face of bigotry and to turn your eyes away from it is to back up the bigotry, and that’s not what I, or any history teacher, should be doing in our work.”

In addition to revoking his suspension, the petition seeks an apology to the teacher from the school, “for attempting to intimidate a respected educator. We will not stand for censorship and respectability politics.”

Navarro, speaking to The Mercury News, said he was initially told he could return on Wednesday, but the school district’s Superintendent Jeff Harding has since told him he can come back as early as Monday.

“We are interested in getting Frank back in the classroom … we’re just trying to maintain our due diligence,” Harding told the paper. “We have a heightened emotional environment right now with the election. It’s always a challenge to maintain a line in a classroom.”

Many public figures have made comparisons between Trump and Hitler. Conservative radio host Glenn Beck, comedian Louis C.K., Hewlett Packard executive Meg Whitman, musicians Roger Waters and Cher, and Anne Frank’s stepsister, Eva Schloss, have made similar statements. Social media users have also compared the two.

You forgot...they both put thier pants on one leg at a time. Don't think I would want any of my off springs / family around History teacher Navarro...he sounds like a ball of out rage waiting to explode...he lacks Trump’s attitude of “live and let live” (as long as it's legal).

Donald Trump has NEVER said one word about gays or lesbians or bisexuals during the campaign, let alone anything negative.

edit%20illegal_zpsfbajzlf5.jpeg

As much as this idea that Trump is the next Hitler is utter paranoid lunacy, putting a lecturer on paid leave for expressing their views seems like a big breech of freedom of speech to me. Imo he should be allowed to put forward his case and ideas without fear of persecution. It's healthy that all sides are heard and allowed to flesh out and present their ideas, no matter how absurd they seem.

^^ has difficulty disputing the facts

^^^^ doesn't know the difference between facts invented to support nobody knows real philosophy and self evident results in plain sight. She looks like a child evince would have spawned and Isabel nurtured to mind what she recites..

As much as this idea that Trump is the next Hitler is utter paranoid lunacy, putting a lecturer on paid leave for expressing their views seems like a big breech of freedom of speech to me. Imo he should be allowed to put forward his case and ideas without fear of persecution. It's healthy that all sides are heard and allowed to flesh out and present their ideas, no matter how absurd they seem.

Really??

But I guess spewing forth libturd and proggie ideology is perfectly acceptable as "free speech"??

Once again, you assholes PROVE that your ideology is all perfect and shit in your OWN MINDS and as long as everyone sings from the sheet you provide, it's perfectly acceptable!

But let a person put forth THEIR ideas about your faux God and hero, obozo, and you cry foul from the highest alter you can find! Especially when it's in total disagreement

Right????

There's a difference between giving an opinion and teaching our children....

I don't want my children to be taught by someone's opinion...

Question..

What would happen if the teacher said the same things about Hillary Clinton?

Even Trump wouldn't tell that big a lie.

I would be interested in reading Trump's quotes saying as much.

Question..

+1

Question..

Is wasn't his opinion

He couldn't say that about Hillary and be factual

Is wasn't his opinion

He couldn't say that about Hillary and be factual

Question Zaro...

So if the same teacher told his students that Bill Clinton was sued for sexual harassment, lost his law license and had numerous woman complain about his advances would that be fair game?

Do you actually think that because Trump said "make America great again" is a fair comparison to Hitler?

It's dumb

So Zaro..

In 1933 Hitler said that Germany needed "change"

Didn't Obama use the same words in 2008?

Wanna explain?

Question Zaro...

So if the same teacher told his students that Bill Clinton was sued for sexual harassment, lost his law license and had numerous woman complain about his advances would that be fair game?

Do you actually think that because Trump said "make America great again" is a fair comparison to Hitler?

It's dumb

So Zaro..

In 1933 Hitler said that Germany needed "change"

Didn't Obama use the same words in 2008?

Wanna explain?

Stick to the topic, shill

You really should learn what "freedom of speech" means...otherwise you will keep sounding like a complete idiot when you make comments similar to this one.

He compared Trump`s rhetoric to Hitler's. Thats a fair comparison. Suck it up

The teacher was suspended ...

When Obama stated we needed "change" and Hitler said they needed "change" did that mean Obama was Hitler-like?

Let's face it....

The Dems say things that are okay with you........The appeal to this is that the teacher attacked Trump

The teacher was suspended ...

When Obama stated we needed "change" and Hitler said they needed "change" did that mean Obama was Hitler-like?

Let's face it....

The Dems say things that are okay with you........The appeal to this is that the teacher attacked Trump

And reinstated. A soccer mom got her panties in a bunch.

He didn't attack Trump. He compared his rhetoric to that of Hitler. The statements of both men are out there. They are very similar. That is a fact that doesn't appeal to YOU

And reinstated. A soccer mom got her panties in a bunch.

He didn't attack Trump. He compared his rhetoric to that of Hitler. The statements of both men are out there. They are very similar. That is a fact that doesn't appeal to YOU

And it didn't appeal to the school board...

He was suspended

Really??

But I guess spewing forth libturd and proggie ideology is perfectly acceptable as "free speech"??

Once again, you assholes PROVE that your ideology is all perfect and shit in your OWN MINDS and as long as everyone sings from the sheet you provide, it's perfectly acceptable!

But let a person put forth THEIR ideas about your faux God and hero, obozo, and you cry foul from the highest alter you can find! Especially when it's in total disagreement

Right????

I'm not a liberal. Obama is shit. Fuck the progressive left, and fuck the democrat party. Your idea that acceptance of people exercising freedom of speech makes somebody part of the 'enemy camp' makes yourself look like a fucking fool.