Donations Surge For Planned Parenthood

drvoke

5827a741180000ca0330daa6.jpeg

Roe vs Wade and Planned Parenthood aren't going anywhere. I doubt if Trump cares, personally, but he has to placate his fanatical VP Pence and his Jesus freak deplorables.

"Planned Parenthood said demand for permanent sterilization climbed 57 percent over the past week."

Music to my ears.

Trump Win Fuels Planned Parenthood Donation Surge

Fears mount that GOP-controlled government will cut funding to Planned Parenthood and dismantle Obamacare’s contraception coverage.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/planned-parenthood-trump-donations_us_5827a688e4b0c4b63b0d0116

NEW YORK - Planned Parenthood is reporting a spike in donations and demand for long-acting contraceptives since Donald Trump’s election as U.S. president while abortion foes hope to gain momentum in their quest to cut public funding to the women’s health organization.

Officials with Planned Parenthood said its patrons are worried about the impact of a Trump presidency on access to abortions and birth control in the United States.

Planned Parenthood, which draws the ire of many Republicans because it provides abortions, is bracing for one of the toughest battles in its 100-year history. It has about 650 health centers nationwide and relies on public funding for about half of its revenue, much of it from the Medicaid health insurance program for the poor.

With Trump winning Tuesday’s election and Republicans maintaining their control of Congress, it could be easier for lawmakers to cut funding to Planned Parenthood and dismantle outgoing President Barack Obama’s Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, that mandates insurance coverage for contraceptives.

“There have been attempts the last two years to defund them, and we will do anything we can to defund them,” said Carol Tobias, president of the National Right to Life Committee, which opposes abortion. “I am very optimistic.”

Since the election, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America said it has received nearly 80,000 new donations nationwide, although it did not disclose the money amount.

Planned Parenthood of Illinois said online appointments for long-acting contraceptives like IUDs, or intrauterine devices, rose nearly 50 percent in the past two days compared to the same period last week. It said it plans to increase the number of available appointments to meet demand.

“We have been overwhelmed by community members making donations and contacting us to offer to volunteer and provide support,” said Sarah Wheat, spokeswoman for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, where successive Republican governors have cut funding to the organization.

Online donations to the Texas affiliate tripled on Wednesday compared to the previous week, while 125 people have contacted the group to volunteer to help, Wheat said.

Long a target of protest, and sometimes violence, by groups that oppose abortion on religious grounds, Planned Parenthood has in recent years worked to broaden its health services for women and men.

MIXED SIGNALS

Trump has sent mixed signals about abortion, saying in March that women who end pregnancies should face punishment. He later backtracked on his remarks.

On Wednesday, his team said the new Trump administration would “protect innocent human life from conception to natural death,” without elaborating.

Indiana Governor Mike Pence, Trump’s vice presidential running mate and the head of his transition team, is a strident opponent of abortion. Pence has pushed Congress to defund Planned Parenthood and signed a state law mandating that a fetus be buried or cremated after an abortion.

Trump has also vowed to repeal and replace Obamacare, although he was quoted by the Wall Street Journal on Friday as saying he would consider saving some provisions.

The law required for the first time that insurers cover the cost of many forms of birth control for women.

While it is not clear yet how Trump will proceed with his pledge, some patients want to ensure they have a contraceptives plan in place, Planned Parenthood officials said.

“They really have some concerns about the threats to the Affordable Care Act and the coverage for these services,” said Katie Thiede, the vice president of development for Planned Parenthood of Illinois.

The affiliate said demand for permanent sterilization climbed 57 percent over the past week.

If Obamacare were to be repealed, an estimated 55 million women could lose access to no-copay preventive services including birth control, screenings for sexually transmitted infections, Pap tests and cancer screenings, according to government figures.

Other challenges could come through court appointments, or through changes in funding rules for Medicaid.

In the longer term, abortion rights advocates have expressed concern that Trump could appoint conservative justices to the U.S. Supreme Court who could overturn the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that legalized abortion nationwide.

Planned Parenthood has prevented millions of abortions over their long history.

Planned Parenthood locations are medical clinics forall genders.

About 80 percent of Planned Parenthood’s users are over age 20, and 75 percent have incomes below 150 percent of the poverty line.

Planned Parenthood itself estimates it prevents more than 620,000 unintended pregnancies each year, and 220,000 abortions. In essence Planned Parenthood has prevented millions of abortions over their long history.

It’s also worth noting that federal law already forbids Planned Parenthood from using the funds it receives from the government for abortions.

So though the fight over Planned Parenthood might be about abortion, Planned Parenthood itself isn’t about abortion. It’s primarily about contraception and reproductive health.

And if Planned Parenthood loses funding, what will mainly happen is that cancer screenings and contraception and STD testing will become less available to poorer people. Folks with more money, of course, have many other ways to receive all these services, and tend to get them elsewhere already.

The fight also isn’t about cutting spending. The services Planned Parenthood provides save the federal government a lot of money.

It’s somewhat cold to put it in these terms, but taxpayers end up bearing a lot of the expense for unintended pregnancies among people without the means to care for their children.

The same goes for preventable cancers and sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV/AIDS. You can find a lot more information about Planned Parenthood and its services here.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info

The Grantham Collection - Abortion Instruments and photos ...

2L.jpg
2R.jpg

Tire-tete
This abortion intrument's purpose was to hold the baby's head with
the spiked ends. Once the head was held, a long thin probe was
pushed deep into the skull like a sword. The instrument held the baby's head, so once it was cut off, it would not float around in the uterus.
Cranioclast
This abortion instrument was used to crush
the baby's skull so as to allow the extraction.

Just so we all understand the facts .....

I swear by Apollo The Healer, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the Gods and Goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the physician’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.

Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I transgress it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.

That being said ( The Hippocratic Oath ), it would appear, anyone who performs an abortion, is simply an abortionist, certainly not a physician.

The US government cannot now and never will be able to prevent all women from having the right to an abortion. It cannot prevent women with money to traveling to a place where they can have a safe abortion. It can only prevent POOR women from having an abortion due to the lack of a passport and money.

Whether a woman has an abortion or not should not depend on some indoctrinated intruder like Jimbo. It is a moral decision, and one that should be the right of any woman to make without any interference from a government or some church-indoctrinated clown that thinks God gave him the right to f*ck with other people's lives.

It should be the right of any doctor to provide abortions to any woman who wishes to have one.

And liberals say charity doesn't work.

See, you donate and you can kill kids in record numbers.

Well done.

-NW

Quickly becoming a moot point.

With the advent of new pregnancy ending drugs becoming available on the market today, and becoming more widely used, a majority of abortions are now chemically induced for the first time in history, taking anti abortion religious fanatics out of the equation.

Soon there will be only 1% or less of abortions taking place in any medical facility, based only on the fact that advanced pregnancys have gone wrong later in the term, and have become medically necessary to save the life of the mother.

Anti abortion fanatics have effectively lost the war on abortions.

Maybe you can bring back dunking young women in rivers to see if they float for your past time liezsures. :D

The US government cannot now and never will be able to prevent all women from having the right to an abortion. It cannot prevent women with money to traveling to a place where they can have a safe abortion. It can only prevent POOR women from having an abortion due to the lack of a passport and money.

Whether a woman has an abortion or not should not depend on some indoctrinated intruder like Jimbo. It is a moral decision, and one that should be the right of any woman to make without any interference from a government or some church-indoctrinated clown that thinks God gave him the right to f*ck with other people's lives.

It should be the right of any doctor to provide abortions to any woman who wishes to have one.

So, you feel the Hippocratic Oath is meaningless, correct?

Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art.

Quickly becoming a moot point.

With the advent of new pregnancy ending drugs becoming available on the market today, and becoming more widely used, a majority of abortions are now chemically induced for the first time in history, taking anti abortion religious fanatics out of the equation.

Soon there will be only 1% or less of abortions taking place in any medical facility, based only on the fact that advanced pregnancys have gone wrong later in the term, and have become medically necessary to save the life of the mother.

Anti abortion fanatics have effectively lost the war on abortions.

Maybe you can bring back dunking young women in rivers to see if they float for your past time liezsures. :D

While your snide remark was certainly boring to read, you failed immensely on 1 point which was central to your bullshit. I'm an atheist. My pro-life stance is not rooted in theism. Kinda silly now aren't cha?

While your snide remark was certainly boring to read, you failed immensely on 1 point which was central to your bullshit. I'm an atheist. My pro-life stance is not rooted in theism. Kinda silly now aren't cha?

Not at all. Not being familiar with your stance on abortion, nor caring in the slightest, 99.999999999% of all anti abortionists are religious fanatics, members of the families of religious fanatics, or are among the weak minded influenced by religious fanatics.

But I digress.

Whatever your stance is, or what percentage of the prolife demographic in which you identify.

You have effectively lost the abortion war. Not only are the newer pregnancy ending drugs more widely available, the availability of them will become ubiquitous once they can be obtained on the internet with no state legislature being able to stop the availability.

Might I suggest a new hobby such as wind surfing?