Scared... Please help

Transformed

I'm a MtF non-op transgender woman that lives in rural Ohio. Our area of the state went highly for Trump and I'm scared to death and physically ill with grief from the election. I'm totally surrounded by right wing rednecks. To make matters even worse, my neighbors are shooting their guns in their backyard and are scaring me. This is the last thing I need now, with the trauma of the election, to have rednecks bigots shooting their guns and scaring me. I don't feel safe even in my own home from the noise and the thought of these guns scaring me. I hate guns and was hoping that Hillary would ban all guns when she was elected. Now I have to live in fear of guns and the hate and bigotry of inbreds that live in Ohio.

You would find a much more supportive atmosphere in a city like San Francisco, with the highest number of LGBT people. SF is also extremely expensive to live in. But there are a large number of cities with higher-than-average LGBT communities.

Here can be found a list:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-and-least-gay-cities-in-america-2015-3

Being who you are, you are living in the wrong location. It was true even before Trump empowered the bigots and haters to feel legitimized. As you well know, it's FAR worse now. If conditions in your life make it possible, you should relocate to an area where you will feel welcomed instead of isolated. Just my two cents.

Tha

You would find a much more supportive atmosphere in a city like San Francisco, with the highest number of LGBT people. SF is also extremely expensive to live in. But there are a large number of cities with higher-than-average LGBT communities.

Here can be found a list:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-and-least-gay-cities-in-america-2015-3

Being who you are, you are living in the wrong location. It was true even before Trump empowered the bigots and haters to feel legitimized. As you well know, it's FAR worse now. If conditions in your life make it possible, you should relocate to an area where you will feel welcomed instead of isolated. Just my two cents.

Thank you for your kind words. I wish it was so simple to move across the country. I'm afraid that I'm stuck where I'm at, surrounded my hate. I feel now like I should just go next door and ask them to shoot me and get it over with. There is no future for us LGBT people with Trump in the White House.

Trump in the White House is bad, but honestly I think you don't have much to fear from him.

His redneck supporters are something else. Don't confront them. If you have a city to which you can drive, maybe you can find a support group of friendly people.

I promise that this will pass, and the future will be rosier. Until then, do your best to get out of that environment.

Can you try to pass until you get out? Do they know about you?

Edit to add: Clinton, and any other president, would not ban all guns. Moreover, she could not even possibly do that because of the second ammendment. The idea that she might is just crazy right-wing paranoia.

Her goal was to get guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people, and even Trump will end up doing something with that ... he is a New Yorker, after all. Not much hunting goin' on down Wall Street. :)

Beside, there are lots of liberals who like guns too. Not me, but lots of others.

I am scared too. I used to live in Ohio. Now I live in Indiana. My husband and I are Muslim. He is also a foreign national. I have been so depressed since the election wondering if our neighbors and coworkers accept us. The stress is destroying me atm, but I am getting better as time goes by. I am actually taking anti depressants at this time.

To all the thousands of protesters on the streets now and the millions who reject hate and division as the the political operative phenomenon to achieve power:

We have to push back on any and all policies, appointments and actions that Trump does that promote division in this country.

One of the first decisions he made is appointing Preibus and Bannon as COS and chief strategist.

Bannon cannot be part of any administration., not today., not tomorrow., not ever.

His alt-right views qualify him as 'Enemy of the state" and a "threat to this republic"

Liberals unite and oppose this.

Stop Steve Bannon.

Steve Bannon is the human form in other words the personification of what is wrong with a Trump administration.

This battle to stop Bannon entering the White House is a battle that I strongly believe that we should pick and is needed to send the strong signal the new administration needs to remind them that they are only in power because of an anachronistic electoral college and not a true reflection of people's wishes.

I think the only reason Trump is in office, quoting from Trump, "The election's rigged folks, it's rigged."

There are very few things Trump says that I believe, but this is one of them. I think he proved it.

I am scared too. I used to live in Ohio. Now I live in Indiana. My husband and I are Muslim. He is also a foreign national. I have been so depressed since the election wondering if our neighbors and coworkers accept us. The stress is destroying me atm, but I am getting better as time goes by. I am actually taking anti depressants at this time.

I'm an atheist.

But if you're a true believer, if you really believe the substance of the faith you profess, then why do you fear?

In the worst case, that deranged evil Islamophobes kill your entire family, then you'll all go to heaven. Even if you're only persecuted in the name of god, you get a posthumous reward, right?

Take a breath. Don't take any unnecessary risks. The chance that something bad will happen from evil hateful people is much lower than the chance of a car accident.

Don't be afraid. Fear paralyzes. Use your intelligence. Calm yourself.