Keith Ellison Looks Good As New DNC Chief - very good.

merrill

Ellison has important allies, including Sanders, who was elected to the House in the same year that Wellstone was elected to the Senate.

Ellison backed Sanders’s bid for the 2016 Democratic presidential nod, and Sanders says, “We need a Democratic National Committee led by a progressive who understands the dire need to listen to working families, not the political establishment or billionaire class. This is why I support Keith Ellison to be the next chair of the Democratic National Committee, and why I hope you’ll join me in advocating for him to lead the DNC.”

Not just new leadership but different leadership. The DNC needs a chair who has an an intersectional and activist organizing vision like that of former Minnesota senator Paul Wellstone, who taught us that “There is an elementary aspiration which undergirds the humane impulse in our history and our culture and binds us together as political activists.

This is a simple, irreducible, indisputable aspiration. It is the ‘dream of justice’ for a beloved community, in which the level of terror in people’s lives is sharply reduced or maybe eliminated.

It is the belief that extremes and excesses of inequality must be reduced so that each person is free to fully develop his or her full potential. This is why we take precious time out of our lives and give it to politics.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/keith-ellison-is-the-leader-the-dnc-needs/