Anger

Souriquois

Scrolling through social media, and walking around my city of Halifax, NS, Canada today, I have not seen and heard so much anti-American sentiment since the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Don't mean to upset folks but it's the way it is. People are pissed, and scared the US will drag Canada down with it.

The mood today in this country, I would advise that Americans don't travel to Canada. Or if they do, get a rental car, don't take their own cars with US plates on them because they will likely get baseball bats through the windshield.

Justin Trudeau is getting flack for merely congratulating Trump, and I mean it was a typical bullshit politician thing that all politicians do... pretty sure he threw up in his mouth a bit while saying it... but dude is getting skewered by the Canadian people right now.

It will be interesting though, a US President's first state visit is always to Canada, but the Canadian people clearly don't want it.

My mother is very upset, and a co-worker of mine who is originally from the Middle East was shocked.

A good portion of the US doesn't want Trump either. Even amongst those who voted for him, there were a good number of people who didn't want him per se, but wanted Clinton even less. A LOT of Americans are angry and upset, and a lot are also terrified. Please tell your friends and family that he's not America, and that there are many of us in the USA who very, very much need your support and good will.

The fear and loathing of Trump is so great right now that many Americans want to become Canadians.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/canada-immigration-trump-president_us_58229b95e4b0e80b02cdcdad

The Canadian Immigration Site Actually Crashed On U.S. Election Night
Cape Breton doesn’t look so bad right now.
11/08/2016 11:47 pm ET
As election night results revealed a frighteningly close race between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, nervous Americans considering an exit strategy apparently crashed Canada’s immigration website.

The fear and loathing of Trump is so great right now that many Americans want to become Canadians.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/canada-immigration-trump-president_us_58229b95e4b0e80b02cdcdad

I honestly would advise Americans to stay away from Eastern Canada at least, until the anger simmers down.

Out and about today, I have never seen it so bad in my lifetime. Not the Iraq War, not NAFTA.

Politicians who even suggest working with Trump are getting pounced on on social media

Of course they don't understand 85% of Canada's exports go to the US

Justin Trudeau is getting flack for merely congratulating Trump, and I mean it was a typical bullshit politician thing that all politicians do... pretty sure he threw up in his mouth a bit while saying it... but dude is getting skewered by the Canadian people right now.

Half of the US is throwing up a bit in their own mouths just thinking about it.

Living next door to us is a married couple with a son, two women. They're actually scared about what might happen. They're worried their marriage might be canceled. One is active military, and she worries she may lose her position. She also worries that the Orange Thing will start another war and she'll be sent on her 5th tour of the Middle East. (Four is enough for her. Tough lady.)

My wife and I are worried about Social Security and Medicare, as I'm about 5 or 6 years away from that milestone. What harm will the Republican Congress do, unrestrained?

The mood today in this country, I would advise that Americans don't travel to Canada. Or if they do, get a rental car, don't take their own cars with US plates on them because they will likely get baseball bats through the windshield.

Seriously? How stupid is that!?! I voted against Trump and you're going to break my windshield? Inciting or condoning hatred of foreigners sounds like something he would do. Is Canada a nation of Trumps?

Don't like Trump? That's fair. Don't like people who live in the same country? That's just ignorant.

spoke to a nice girl from Mexico City yesterday, first words that came from her were in the form of a question, is everything okay, she asked? Not sure, I muttered, re-remembering the night before. She told me that I could come and live in Mexico City, it's nice there, lots of nice night clubs, she sounded young. She laughed, are you really going to build a giant wall, she said. I hope you will all be okay, she said. And I felt confused. I know she was being kind. I didn't know what to say. I guess, I guess my first thought is that I am embarrassed, I said. We are really not at all like this, I said. We'll figure this one out, I know we will, I told her.

Peace!

Seriously? How stupid is that!?! I voted against Trump and you're going to break my windshield? Inciting or condoning hatred of foreigners sounds like something he would do. Is Canada a nation of Trumps?

Don't like Trump? That's fair. Don't like people who live in the same country? That's just ignorant.

you are so right on that score Renegade! We will all survive this, in fact, I know we will be stronger for it in the end. Separation is not an option - gotta start with that!

Peace!

Peace!

you are so right on that score Renegade! We will all survive this, in fact, I know we will be stronger for it in the end. Separation is not an option - gotta start with that!

Peace!

I don't expect that we will all survive this. I expect a great many will die because of Trump's take-over of America.

In fact there are ignorant people everywhere. There are people painting swastikas in the US and violence by white supremacists.

They have no idea who you voted for. Right now they're agnry at Americans for electing Trump. Hell, even I'm angry at Americans for electing Trump.

Let 'em cool down. Canada is a pretty safe place, relatively speaking. Things will go back to normal soon.

You know you could probably find some people in Canada that like Trump too.

It's worth noting that there are 36 million people in Canada. If an American goes there and his windshield is broken, only one of those 36 million people did it.

They'll get over it eventually, I think. People are scared though.

Half of the US is throwing up a bit in their own mouths just thinking about it.

Living next door to us is a married couple with a son, two women. They're actually scared about what might happen. They're worried their marriage might be canceled. One is active military, and she worries she may lose her position. She also worries that the Orange Thing will start another war and she'll be sent on her 5th tour of the Middle East. (Four is enough for her. Tough lady.)

My wife and I are worried about Social Security and Medicare, as I'm about 5 or 6 years away from that milestone. What harm will the Republican Congress do, unrestrained?

I feel bad for Trudeau, actually. It's like a choice between opposing Trump and putting millions of Canadians out of work, or swallowing a bit of vomit as he throws up in his mouth while trying to make deals with an orange fascist with scarecrow pubes for hair in order to save Canadian jobs.

And neither choice he makes could work out, he could choose the former and STILL piss off the Canadian people, or he could choose the latter and Trump STILL rips up NAFTA.

It's like choosing which of two guns to play Russian Roulette with.

In fact there are ignorant people everywhere. There are people painting swastikas in the US and violence by white supremacists.

They have no idea who you voted for. Right now they're agnry at Americans for electing Trump. Hell, even I'm angry at Americans for electing Trump.

Let 'em cool down. Canada is a pretty safe place, relatively speaking. Things will go back to normal soon.

You know you could probably find some people in Canada that like Trump too.

It's worth noting that there are 36 million people in Canada. If an American goes there and his windshield is broken, only one of those 36 million people did it.

Both of these excellent posts have much truth in them and are equally relevant. Neither do they really contradict each other.