Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LiberaLIslam

So what happens next?

In your honest opinion, what's gonna happen next. I mean, he won't become president till January but what do you think he will do. I think probably make very stringent immigration laws because building a literal wall seems very impractical. I don't know about banning muslims. That will create a lot of problems for my family living in the states and may give rise to Islamophobia.

Sorry. Can't help you there LI. Trump is an extreme person who said a lot of extreme things; Many of them contradictory. He tends to be impulsive and unpredictable. Even for many Americans, the uncertainty is staggering.

I expect the end to Social Security, medicare and medicaid. I would not be surprised if he legalized sexual assault. I look for a 9/11 attack so he can consolidate his power further. I expect the privatization of much of America, perhaps selling the Grand Canyon to the Chinese. I expect the US to engage in military exploits, perhaps partnering with Russia to obtain resources from countries that don't want to give them to us. Perhaps Trump will nuke Saudi Arabia to destroy their oil, raising the value of Oil in America. I expect massive degradation of the environment. I look for the closing of most public schools. Unemployment will go sky high, poverty levels higher than during the great depression. Health care will be limited to the very wealthy. Prisons will be overflowing with political prisoners. Trump will use the Pat Act to put anyone in prison who is not loyal to him personally.

With all the things to come, Trump, will broadcast himself, saying see, I told you I would make America Great Again.

The question is (please don't answer this publicly) when Trump starts rounding up all the Muslims, and sending them to special camps, will you be willing to hide a Muslim family in your attic?

First, he will appoint a Conservative Anti-Gay Anti-woman's rights Supreme Court justice. Thankfully none of the other justices have died yet, so he won't be able to overturn Roe v. Wade as soon as he steps into office. Nor will he be able to overturn Obergefell right away.

Next, he'll eliminate the department of education. Bye Bye Pell Grants. Then he'll probably issue an executive order of some sort to create a voucher program that opens the way to for-profit schools. Bye Bye Public Education. He'll probably also destroy unions--especially teacher unions.

Then he'll work on building that wall of his--which will cost us an astronomical amount of money. And Mexico will never pay for it. We'll also enter a trade war with China, which China will win--because they have leverage, and Donald Trump doesn't understand the concept.

In the meantime, he elimninates the Affordable Care act, making healthcare inaccessible to hundreds of thousands once more. Including people with pre-existing conditions.

The overwhelming bulk of the Trump agenda, to the extent that it's discernible, aims to free corporations to engage in reckless activity and mass predation without any restraint .... To rip off consumers, pollute the environment, threaten the planet with catastrophic climate change, strip health insurance coverage from those who can’t pay, restart the Wall Street schemes that led to the Great Recession.

If Trump's business record is any indication, he will will do everything in his power to wipe out what's left of the US labor union movement, in all sectors.

The Republican leadership in Congress may be establishment, but it favors an extreme corporate agenda that, if anything, goes further than Trump has proposed.

I suspect that the Trump goal is a dictatorship with him at the top.

In your honest opinion, what's gonna happen next. I mean, he won't become president till January but what do you think he will do. I think probably make very stringent immigration laws because building a literal wall seems very impractical. I don't know about banning muslims. That will create a lot of problems for my family living in the states and may give rise to Islamophobia.

Donald Trump generated massive enthusiasm for his campaign, in no small part by giving voice to a proto-fascist movement built around vicious anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and anti-Latino sentiments, and drawing on deep wells of racism and sexism. We can only cling to the slim hope that, these hate themes were a campaign tactic which he will tone down as president.

Although Trump did call for a ban on all Muslim travel to the US, he has said that current residents would not be expelled.

Trump confirmed that his policy would not apply to current Muslims in the U.S. during a Fox News interview on Monday evening.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

At this point, it's hard to predict just how far Trump will go.

I suspect that the Trump goal is a dictatorship with him at the top.

Very possible Arris. President For Life, maybe, with one of his sons inheriting the position when he croaks. Since Trump is such an extreme sociopathic personality, there are a large number of negative scenarios that could play out. While many Conservatives are impatiently waiting for Trump to take office and fulfill his campaign promises, many Liberals are speculating even worse outcomes .... Maybe justified.

Will he even become POTUS?? He has a fraud trial coming up in later this month and a possible child rape trial in December. Can felons become President??

Donald Trump generated massive enthusiasm for his campaign, in no small part by giving voice to a proto-fascist movement built around vicious anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and anti-Latino sentiments, and drawing on deep wells of racism and sexism. We can only cling to the slim hope that, these hate themes were a campaign tactic which he will tone down as president.

That's probably the case with most of the nutty things he's said.

If he backs off too much, he's going to find that the extreme right doesn't like being betrayed. If he becomes too authoritarian, he'll have pushback from libertarians and liberals. And he knows that.

I think he's going to get rid of Obamacare & regulations. Start a wall, and deport a lot of immigrants. He might really curtail the EPA. Then he'll be stuck.

Even the Republican senate won't support him 100%.

There is no telling what he will do. His deplorables are in thrall of him and will find a way to rationalize a flip flop. Islamophobia is already alive and well here. Ditto for racism and homophobia. If he has trouble delivering on his economic promises, like creating a lot of jobs to brag about, he will sacrifice all those "others" to calm his base.