Trump: The GOP's Disgrace. What He Revealed.

lk022516dAPC_1_590_431.jpg

In this election, we all witnessed to what depths the cons will sink in order to win.

2016’s Big Reveal

Donald Trump is a demagogue. Period. The right’s failure to see it is a disgrace.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/2016s-big-reveal-1478564830?emailToken=JRr8fvlyaH%2BVhtM2Z8xmjAR2dewCCuDMXF7JIXnOfxGQ6yyI/77xnP0%3D

(Full article at above link)

Someday, maybe, when I’m old and a child asks me what I remember about the awful election of 2016, I’ll say: It was the Big Reveal.

Revealed: That the guiding spirit of the modern conservative movement is neither Burke nor Lincoln. It’s Marx. “These are my principles,” Groucho once cracked, “and if you don’t like them, well, I have others.” Everything Republicans once claimed to advocate—entitlement reform, free trade, standing up to dictators, encouraging the march of freedom around the world—turns out to be negotiable and reversible, depending on Donald Trump’s whims and the furies of his base.

Revealed: That moral clarity and moral equivalence have become interchangeable concepts in today’s GOP. The same Republicans who pontificated throughout the 1990s about restoring honor and dignity to the Oval Office are now eager to rent that office to a man who boasts of his own sexual predations.

Revealed: That Mr. Trump’s unrelenting and apparently irrepressible bigotry, misogyny, bullying and conspiracy-mongering won’t keep Republican leaders from supporting him, provided he mouth pieties about appointing more Scalias to the court or cutting corporate tax rates. “More common ground than disagreement,” was how House Speaker Paul Ryan justified his June endorsement of the GOP nominee, right around the time he described Mr. Trump’s slander of “Mexican” judge Gonzalo Curiel as a “textbook definition of a racist comment.” A smarter response by the speaker might have been: “You lost me at hello.”

What isn’t normal is the ease with which so many conservative leaders, political and intellectual, have prostrated themselves before Mr. Trump simply because he won. In July, Dan Senor, a senior adviser to Mitt Romney in 2012, tweeted that he had once commiserated with a Midwestern governor about how unacceptable Mr. Trump was as the GOP nominee. That governor? Mike Pence.

As for conservative thought leaders, the book that comes to mind is Julien Benda’s 1927 classic, La Trahison des clercs, “The Treason of the Intellectuals.” Benda railed against a new class of European thinkers who specialized in “the intellectual organization of political hatreds,” the “desire to abase the values of knowledge before the values of action,” and above all “the cult of success,” based on “the teaching that says that when a will is successful that fact alone gives it a moral value, whereas the will which fails is for that reason alone deserving of contempt.”

What all this shows is that most conservative intellectuals have proved incapable of self-examination or even simple observation. Donald Trump is a demagogue. Period. The fervor of his crowds recalls Hitler's Germany. His convictions are illiberal. His manners are disgusting. His temper is frightening. It ought to have been the job of thoughtful conservatives in this season to point this out, time and again. If they can’t do that, what good are they?

marxism.png

The new philosopher of the GOP.

Trump exposed the racist underbelly, the redneck demographic armpit of America that needs to hate...

Our always great country will REJECT the Trumpists today.

Just got back from polling place!

I'm just about to go. I've been taking my son since he was 6 - he's 11 now - and he loves it. He is so into politics it makes me worry about what his career will be. LOL.

When I told him he could stay up late to watch one of the debates he got so excited and ran downstairs so fast he sprained his knee.

Yup. Trump removed the cloak of respectability from the GOP and exposed that party for what it really is. A VOID.

That's why its been "hijacked" repeatedly, by the Christian right, the neocons, the teabaggers and now the Nazis. It stands for rejection of responsible governance and enriching its donors. That's it

What amazes me is that the RNC doesn't check the ID and background of the people they run, knowing full well they are going to be scrutinized. What were they thinking?

And the good news is, Hillary will be selecting Supreme Judges, I am hoping she adds three liberals.

Yup. Trump removed the cloak of respectability from the GOP and exposed that party for what it really is. A VOID.
That's why its been "hijacked" repeatedly, by the Christian right, the neocons, the teabaggers and now the Nazis. It stands for rejection of responsible governance and enriching its donors. That's it

It amazes me that this crude sludge received so much American support. What were they thinking when every institution was rejecting this sexual deranged pervert.

What amazes me is that the RNC doesn't check the ID and background of the people they run, knowing full well they are going to be scrutinized. What were they thinking?

That it didn't matter. That their obedient, screeching horde of con morons would obediently vote for anyone they were ordered to vote for. Up until this election, they've been right about that.

And the good news is, Hillary will be selecting Supreme Judges, I am hoping she adds three liberals.

Obama really did a nice job doubling up - we already got a gay Jewish woman (threefer) and a Hispanic woman (twofer), so now I want Clinton to add three 30 year old women - one Muslim Indian, one Asian Buddhist, and one American Bantu in full African costume.

ROTFLMFAO.

The it didn't matter. That their obedient, screeching horde of con morons would obediently vote for anyone they were ordered to vote for. Up until this election, they've been right about that.

Obama really did a nice job doubling up - we already got a gay Jewish woman (threefer) and a Hispanic woman (twofer), so now I want Clinton to add three 30 year old women - one Muslim Indian, one Asian Buddihist, and one American Bantu in full African costume.

ROTFLMFAO.

I need to get a bug to Hillary's ear about electing at three more judges so we always have a majority.

It amazes me that this crude sludge received so much American support. What were they thinking when every institution was rejecting this sexual deranged pervert.

He promised something for everyone in that assortment of deplorables. Judges who will overturn Roe for the religious yahoos, ethnic cleansing of Mexicans and Muslims for the racists and an even bigger military for the warmongers

I need to get a bug to Hillary's ear about electing at three more judges so we always have a majority.

Once the cons' treason in refusing to confirm SC judges is broken, I am sure Ginsberg will retire.

She has been incredibly heroic in staying in the job to save America from monster cons.

Shouldn't we have a Native American Indian on the Supreme Court?

Oh yeah - good point!

15032710_1353189211392724_63653230658179

Oh my god!

Look at his expression - that is EXACTLY what he is doing!

ROTFL.

578b91d64aa21847a5000003.jpg?w=399

Trump is a rodeo clown and Putin's useful idiot. The true evil are his supporters ie the racists, hypocrites, the misogynists, the liar, the bigots etc...

We owe Trump a debt of gratitude for expose the depth of depravity and hypocrisy of the GOP base

It seems that the most common things that the leadership of the GOP claimed distinguished the Party, making the government smaller, an end to abortions and gay marriage, ans the "war on region" and "war on Christmas" were not the most important issues for the majority of those who voted for Trump.

Thom Hartman says that the GOP uses racism and sexism to hide the impact of Reaganomics, trickle down theory

The same group of people who dispute the theory of evolution, which is the foundation of biology and genetics, believe in the bogus Ronnie Ray Gun's theory of trickle own economics. omg. That trickle you feel cons is the rich pissing down your backs.

lk022516dAPC_1_590_431.jpg

In this election, we all witnessed to what depths the cons will sink in order to win.

2016’s Big Reveal

Donald Trump is a demagogue. Period. The right’s failure to see it is a disgrace.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/2016s-big-reveal-1478564830?emailToken=JRr8fvlyaH%2BVhtM2Z8xmjAR2dewCCuDMXF7JIXnOfxGQ6yyI/77xnP0%3D

(Full article at above link)

Someday, maybe, when I’m old and a child asks me what I remember about the awful election of 2016, I’ll say: It was the Big Reveal.

Revealed: That the guiding spirit of the modern conservative movement is neither Burke nor Lincoln. It’s Marx. “These are my principles,” Groucho once cracked, “and if you don’t like them, well, I have others.” Everything Republicans once claimed to advocate—entitlement reform, free trade, standing up to dictators, encouraging the march of freedom around the world—turns out to be negotiable and reversible, depending on Donald Trump’s whims and the furies of his base.

Revealed: That moral clarity and moral equivalence have become interchangeable concepts in today’s GOP. The same Republicans who pontificated throughout the 1990s about restoring honor and dignity to the Oval Office are now eager to rent that office to a man who boasts of his own sexual predations.

Revealed: That Mr. Trump’s unrelenting and apparently irrepressible bigotry, misogyny, bullying and conspiracy-mongering won’t keep Republican leaders from supporting him, provided he mouth pieties about appointing more Scalias to the court or cutting corporate tax rates. “More common ground than disagreement,” was how House Speaker Paul Ryan justified his June endorsement of the GOP nominee, right around the time he described Mr. Trump’s slander of “Mexican” judge Gonzalo Curiel as a “textbook definition of a racist comment.” A smarter response by the speaker might have been: “You lost me at hello.”

What isn’t normal is the ease with which so many conservative leaders, political and intellectual, have prostrated themselves before Mr. Trump simply because he won. In July, Dan Senor, a senior adviser to Mitt Romney in 2012, tweeted that he had once commiserated with a Midwestern governor about how unacceptable Mr. Trump was as the GOP nominee. That governor? Mike Pence.

As for conservative thought leaders, the book that comes to mind is Julien Benda’s 1927 classic, La Trahison des clercs, “The Treason of the Intellectuals.” Benda railed against a new class of European thinkers who specialized in “the intellectual organization of political hatreds,” the “desire to abase the values of knowledge before the values of action,” and above all “the cult of success,” based on “the teaching that says that when a will is successful that fact alone gives it a moral value, whereas the will which fails is for that reason alone deserving of contempt.”

What all this shows is that most conservative intellectuals have proved incapable of self-examination or even simple observation. Donald Trump is a demagogue. Period. The fervor of his crowds recalls Hitler's Germany. His convictions are illiberal. His manners are disgusting. His temper is frightening. It ought to have been the job of thoughtful conservatives in this season to point this out, time and again. If they can’t do that, what good are they?

marxism.png

The new philosopher of the GOP.

in 2000 when the nlgger won,,, yall were calling mccain the devil,,, then romney both of which won the vote but lost the election due to voter fraud...

So whether it was trump or cruz or jebby debby bush,,, they would have been pulverized by the lib media

So what have we learned

Trump didnt care what the lib media said or what they lied about

yall repeated the talking points over and over like they did

you disregarded hillwys lies and corruption

we also learned that the TV lib media is becoming less and less effective

We also learned that if the rhino voters dont show up for trump! we wont show up for them either in the future

If trump loses is the GOP dead,,, OMG i hope so ! im sick of the weakness

If hilwy wins tonight our country loses because she is not trustworthy

I will never support anything she says or does

I will shut it out for how ever long the fucking loser hilwy is in office

If she wins ,,, i pray for Civil War !

That it didn't matter. That their obedient, screeching horde of con morons would obediently vote for anyone they were ordered to vote for. Up until this election, they've been right about that.

Obama really did a nice job doubling up - we already got a gay Jewish woman (threefer) and a Hispanic woman (twofer), so now I want Clinton to add three 30 year old women - one Muslim Indian, one Asian Buddhist, and one American Bantu in full African costume.

ROTFLMFAO.

If she were to get the three judges.... Your kid will not be in politics... The transformation into a dictatorship week be complete

in 2000 when the nlgger won,,, yall were calling mccain the devil,,, then romney both of which won the vote but lost the election due to voter fraud...

So whether it was trump or cruz or jebby debby bush,,, they would have been pulverized by the lib media

So what have we learned

We also learned that if the rhino voters dont show up for trump! we wont show up for them either in the future

If Hillary wins, she will be YOUR President, and you will dance to her tune, boy. Make no mistake about that. And put those civil war pipe dreams in the drawer where they belong. Never gonna happen.

So what have we learned

You pray all the time and nothing comes of it. Besides, God has blotted you out