Having how many pairs of shoes is normal?

Zaro

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. It's not as if you're an arms dealer or serial killer! You just like shoes. You're allowed a harmless pleasure, albeit a little extravagant.

IMO, Imelda Marcos was unfairly attacked in the media.

Imelda Marcos' legendary 3,000 plus shoe collection destroyed by ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Imelda-Marcos-legendary-3-000-plus-shoe-collection-destro...

Sep 23, 2012 - Shoe trouble: Part of Imelda Marcos' shoe collection, left behind after she and her dictator husband were driven out of the Philippines, has been ...

What does this victimless hobby have to do with the price of beans? It was the abusive excesses of her husband that were newsworthy. Not her love of shoes.

But the media pounded away, causing her to become defensive when she shouldn't have had to.

Her Closet - Imelda Marcos
imeldamarcos.weebly.com/her-closet.html

"I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty." ... Since Imelda's original shoe collection has been divided up, lost, and damaged ...

The press, to it's eternal foolishness, can fixate on ridiculous insignificance.

Since you're not a public figure, forget Imelda and enjoy your shoes.

You think? Show me the trail.

Just how rich were the Marcoses? No one really knows how many billions of dollars that the First Family and their stooges raked in, but it certainly hangs in the billions. Swiss banks have turned in $85 million since Marcos stepped down in 1986, but more is still unaccounted for.

Tip of the iceberg; and I don't think that money came from their country's booming economy.

While it's true that Marcos' wealth was ill-gained, the money did not come from US taxpayers.

http://factsanddetails.com/southeast-asia/Philippines/sub5_6b/entry-3845.html

- snip -

Marcos reportedly took a $5 billion to $10 billion fortune while in office. The figure has often been cited by the Philippine government and was obtained by the C.I.A. using unknown methods.

- snip -

When the Marcoses were in power the national treasury was like the Marcos’s piggy bank. Any money the Philippines earned—whether through taxes, tariffs, land sales—could end up in the Marcoses pockets. Moreover, the Marcoses gave many special deals to their cronies and awarded them lucrative concessions to timber, minerals and cash crops. It is hard to imagine that the Marcoses didn’t receive some kind of kickback or share of the profits in the scheme.

- snip -

And separate from the question of how it was financed, even a very large shoe collection is a relatively harmless and inexpensive pastime compared, for instance, to a vintage car collection.

And separate from the question of how it was finance, even a very large shoe collection is a relatively harmless and inexpensive pastime compared, for instance, to a vintage car collection.

For example: http://blog.dupontregistry.com/celebrity-cars/sultan-of-brunei-his-5000-car-collection/

Sultan of Brunei. Apparently likes cars. Probably has shoes too.

s62.jpg

Back to shoes: I have ( all made in USA ), pair of All Stars - Bean Hunting Boots - Hiking boots - duck shoes for the garden - Harness boots - jungle boots with steel shank - dress shoes.

So, 7 pairs. After that, you are probably deranged, & should be institutionalized.

Back to shoes: I have ( all made in USA ), pair of All Stars - Bean Hunting Boots - Hiking boots - duck shoes for the garden - Harness boots - jungle boots with steel shank - dress shoes.

So, 7 pairs. After that, you are probably deranged, & should be institutionalized.

^^ the measure of all measures. The great cheese, the big kahuna.

Now, how many guns do you have?

A drum fed, 12 Gauge, Kalashnikov shotgun for work; A 5.56 Nato, high capacity assault rifle, for everyday use; And a gold-plated, single action, 45acp Government Model for formal occasions.

One per situation is normal, unless you're Imelda Marcos.

You're insane. :)

Yes. Seven pair max. Over seven is Satan's work.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope, nope and nope.

When my sneakers get too old to wear to work, I use them in the garden if I have to do dirty work. So I have two pairs of good sneakers (white and black), two pairs of old garden sneakers, a couple of more formal shoes, a pair of slippers and a pair of sandals (because you can wear sandals in Tampa any day it isn't raining).

And I have one more pair of shoes that I never wear, brown suede shoes that I bought in NYC, with rubber soles that my father cobbled on later, the very last piece of his work that remains on earth. As I still love my deceased father, I will keep these until I die.

That's nine.

Are you going to tell me that any of that is Satan's work?

Oh, and I have no guns.

But if there's a home invasion, and I'm home, I'll crush the burglar's head with my bare hands.

Ok. Maybe eight pair are permissible. But nine? It cannot be condoned! :angry2:

First seven, then eight. Clearly you're a person of flexible morals. :D What did they once call it? "Easy virtue"? :lol:

I bet you'd wear just about any pair of shoes.

Weird-Shoes-22.jpg