Obama: "That's Just Wrong, Wahh-Wah, Boo-Hoo...."

Trump: 43 million Americans on food stamps

By Nadia Pflaum on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 at 10:42 p.m.- POLITI-FACT

Trump_at_national_GOP_convention.jpg

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump briefly addresses delegates during the opening day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Monday, July 18, 2016. Mark J. Terrill / AP

For all of the spending in Washington under President Barack Obama, the American people are not better off, Donald Trump argued in his July 21 speech accepting the Republican presidential nomination.

"President Obama has almost doubled our national debt to more than $19 trillion, and growing," Trump said. "Yet what do we have to show for it? Our roads and bridges are falling apart, our airports are in third-world condition, and 43 million Americans are on food stamps."

We wanted to fact-check his statistic about Americans using the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, the program formerly known as food stamps.

SNAP benefits provide vouchers for groceries for qualifying low-income Americans.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees SNAP, counted almost 43.6 million people in the program in April 2016, the most recent data available.

So Trump is on point, numbers-wise.

When Obama took office in January 2009, almost 32 million people received SNAP benefits. The number increased during the Obama Recession as more families turned to the program for assistance, averaging an annual high of 47.6 million participantsin 2013.

(So, I guess their POINT, is, we should be HAPPY, because 43 MILLION PEOPLE ARE BEGGING THE GOVT. FOR FOOD, SO THEY DON'T STARVE?

IT'S "AN IMPROVEMENT", BECAUSE OBAMA IS SUCH A FAILURE, THAT IN 2013, HE HAD 47 MILLION PEOPLE BEGGING FOR FOOD?

Oh, you HAVE to see "State of the Union", BELOW!!!...

THIS IS A GUY, who has DIVIDED THE COUNTRY, BY RACE, BY GENDER, BY AGE, BY RELIGION, IN EVERY WAY-

and says: "Anytime, you're predjudiced against a Muslim, that's just WRONG."

Median Income has gone down $1,052 -

94 Million Americans OUT OF WORK,

58% INCREASE OF BLACKS ON FOOD STAMPS!

21% INCREASE IN BLACK JOBLESSNESS - ALL UNDER "THE FIRST BLACK PRES.", WHO WAS GONNA BE PRES. TO ALL"

RONALD REAGAN, Greatest President of 20th Century:

2 MILLION NET JOBS, FOR BLACK AMERICANS, UNDER REAGAN

BLACK BUSINESS RECIEPTS ROSE - FROM 12 BILLION, TO 18 BILLION,UNDER REAGAN

40 PERCENT OF BLACK FAMILIES WENT INTO THE MIDDLE CLASS, UNDER REAGAN

THIS WAS A MAN, WHO THE MEDIA TOLD US "HATED BLACKS" !

OBAMA IS A MAN PRESIDING OVER 8 YEARS OF FAILURE, TO WHITE, BLACK, BROWN, GREEN, AND PURPLE, WITH STRIPES! - ALL HE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT IS VACATIONS, TELLING LIES, AND WHETHER WE ARE UNKIND, TO TERRORISTS!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: And welcome to "Hannity." Coming up tonight, my direct rebuttal to the president and the State of the Union. That's coming up.

But first, 10 U.S. Navy sailors were released from Iranian custody earlier today. Now, yesterday, Iran commandeered two U.S. vessels that American sailors were traveling on in the Persian Gulf. Now, Iran was claiming that the vessels entered its territorial waters.

And after the sailors were back in U.S. custody, the rogue regime in Tehran released a video of when they were seized showing the sailors kneeling, with their hands behind their heads.

But it gets worse. This afternoon, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard put out a video of a U.S. Navy lieutenant apologizing to Iran while he was in captivity.

Now, some say this could be a violation of the U.S. military code of conduct. Watch this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It was a mistake that was our fault, and we apologize for our mistake. The Iranian behavior was fantastic while we were here. We thank you very much for your hospitality and your assistance.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Clearly coerced.

And earlier today, Secretary of State John Kerry even praised Iran for returning the captured sailors. Really? Take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOHN KERRY, SECRETARY OF STATE: I also want to thank the Iranian authorities for their cooperation and quick response. I'm appreciative for the quick and appropriate response of the Iranian authorities. All indications suggest or tell us that our sailors were well taken care of, provided with blankets and food and assisted with their return to the fleet earlier today. And I think we can all imagine how a similar situation might have played out three or four years ago.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Here with reaction, State Department spokesman John Kirby is with us. Mr. Kirby, good to see you, sir.

JOHN KIRBY, STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESMAN: Good to be with you. Thanks very much, Sean.

HANNITY: Simple question. Do you acknowledge that Iran is a state sponsor of terror?

KIRBY: Absolutely.

HANNITY: OK. And a state sponsor of terror -- will you acknowledge that they have assisted in fighting proxy wars, including battles against Israel?

HANNITY: All right, so they're not really a regime that can be trusted, fair statement?

KIRBY: We've never said that we're in a trust relationship with Iran. Far from it. In fact, we've said quite the opposite.

HANNITY: Why would John Kerry thank them for releasing sailors they never should have taken?

KIRBY: Well, the circumstances of how the sailors fell into Iranian hands is still being investigated, but the reason we thanked them is because they did work quickly on the diplomatic side to secure their release.

I mean, Iran's a government, like many others, that not everybody is operating with the same amount of information. But through his connection with the foreign minister and a relationship that's been forged over the course of so many months, he was able to secure their release, and the foreign minister was able to work with the military elements in Iran to get them released.

I think that's -- you know, that's what we should really be focused on now...

HANNITY: Well, I...

KIRBY: ... that they're safe and they're sound and none of them were hurt.

HANNITY: I think most Americans are looking at these guys with their hands behind their head, and I understand one woman had to cover her hair in a particular video.

KIRBY: Sure.

HANNITY: When I look at this Iranian Revolutionary Guard video, did you get the impression that that was coerced? I got that impression.

KIRBY: Well, I think the Navy's going to investigate that. It very well might have.

HANNITY: What did you think?

KIRBY: Well, I mean, I'm not in a position to judge. I mean, I wasn't there, and I don't know this young officer, but I can tell you that the Navy's going to take a look at that. They're debriefing the sailors right now, and I'm sure they'll get as much information as they can.

HANNITY: All right...

KIRBY: Our focus here at the State Department truly was on trying to work the connection that we had. And before, you know, this Iran deal, we didn't even have that connection. So we wouldn't have been able to secure the release as quickly as possible. I mean, I can almost assure you that had it not been for Secretary Kerry's quick intervention here, those sailors would most likely be in Iranian hands.

HANNITY: Let me -- let me move on...

KIRBY: Our purpose was on getting them out.

HANNITY: Let me move on to this deal which now is apparently going to go into effect. Help me out and my audience out because this is how I see the deal, very one-sided.

HANNITY: I see that the Iranians will get $100 billion to $150 billion of frozen assets. I see the Iranians are still allowed to partner with the Russians and build missile defense, which could hurt our allies, Israel if they feel that they're a clear and present danger to their safety and security.

I see that they get to build conventional weapons. I see that they get at least 24 days' notice. In some instance, I've read that they might even have the opportunity to pick the inspectors.

What did America get out of this Iranian deal, where they continue to spin their centrifuges? What did we get out of this?

KIRBY: Well, what we got was an Iran that signed -- you can read it in first page of the document there, Sean, an Iran that has committed to not pursuing a nuclear weapons program. They will not acquire a nuclear weapons program. And if they try over the life of this deal, we'll be able to know because we now have a very, very strict inspection...

(Yeah, Sheep, an "inspection Program" where you give them 24 days warning, Haahahaha...And sometimes they get to pick which inspectors...)

HANNITY: But do you believe them? They're a state sponsor of terror. They fight proxy wars.

KIRBY: It's not...

HANNITY: You believe them.

Trump: 43 million Americans on food stamps

By Nadia Pflaum on Thursday, July 21st, 2016 at 10:42 p.m.- POLITI-FACT

Trump_at_national_GOP_convention.jpg
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump briefly addresses delegates during the opening day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Monday, July 18, 2016. Mark J. Terrill / AP

For all of the spending in Washington under President Barack Obama, the American people are not better off, Donald Trump argued in his July 21 speech accepting the Republican presidential nomination.

"President Obama has almost doubled our national debt to more than $19 trillion, and growing," Trump said. "Yet what do we have to show for it? Our roads and bridges are falling apart, our airports are in third-world condition, and 43 million Americans are on food stamps."

We wanted to fact-check his statistic about Americans using the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, the program formerly known as food stamps.

SNAP benefits provide vouchers for groceries for qualifying low-income Americans.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, which oversees SNAP, counted almost 43.6 million people in the program in April 2016, the most recent data available.

So Trump is on point, numbers-wise.

When Obama took office in January 2009, almost 32 million people received SNAP benefits. The number increased during the Obama Recession as more families turned to the program for assistance, averaging an annual high of 47.6 million participantsin 2013.

(So, I guess their POINT, is, we should be HAPPY, because 43 MILLION PEOPLE ARE BEGGING THE GOVT. FOR FOOD, SO THEY DON'T STARVE?

IT'S "AN IMPROVEMENT", BECAUSE OBAMA IS SUCH A FAILURE, THAT IN 2013, HE HAD 47 MILLION PEOPLE BEGGING FOR FOOD?

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

SEAN HANNITY, HOST: And welcome to "Hannity." Coming up tonight, my direct rebuttal to the president and the State of the Union. That's coming up.

But first, 10 U.S. Navy sailors were released from Iranian custody earlier today. Now, yesterday, Iran commandeered two U.S. vessels that American sailors were traveling on in the Persian Gulf. Now, Iran was claiming that the vessels entered its territorial waters.

And after the sailors were back in U.S. custody, the rogue regime in Tehran released a video of when they were seized showing the sailors kneeling, with their hands behind their heads.

But it gets worse. This afternoon, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard put out a video of a U.S. Navy lieutenant apologizing to Iran while he was in captivity.

Now, some say this could be a violation of the U.S. military code of conduct. Watch this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It was a mistake that was our fault, and we apologize for our mistake. The Iranian behavior was fantastic while we were here. We thank you very much for your hospitality and your assistance.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Clearly coerced.

And earlier today, Secretary of State John Kerry even praised Iran for returning the captured sailors. Really? Take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOHN KERRY, SECRETARY OF STATE: I also want to thank the Iranian authorities for their cooperation and quick response. I'm appreciative for the quick and appropriate response of the Iranian authorities. All indications suggest or tell us that our sailors were well taken care of, provided with blankets and food and assisted with their return to the fleet earlier today. And I think we can all imagine how a similar situation might have played out three or four years ago.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: Here with reaction, State Department spokesman John Kirby is with us. Mr. Kirby, good to see you, sir.

JOHN KIRBY, STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESMAN: Good to be with you. Thanks very much, Sean.

HANNITY: Simple question. Do you acknowledge that Iran is a state sponsor of terror?

HANNITY: OK. And a state sponsor of terror -- will you acknowledge that they have assisted in fighting proxy wars, including battles against Israel?

HANNITY: All right, so they're not really a regime that can be trusted, fair statement?

KIRBY: We've never said that we're in a trust relationship with Iran. Far from it. In fact, we've said quite the opposite.

HANNITY: Why would John Kerry thank them for releasing sailors they never should have taken?

KIRBY: Well, the circumstances of how the sailors fell into Iranian hands is still being investigated, but the reason we thanked them is because they did work quickly on the diplomatic side to secure their release.

I mean, Iran's a government, like many others, that not everybody is operating with the same amount of information. But through his connection with the foreign minister and a relationship that's been forged over the course of so many months, he was able to secure their release, and the foreign minister was able to work with the military elements in Iran to get them released.

I think that's -- you know, that's what we should really be focused on now...

HANNITY: Well, I...

KIRBY: ... that they're safe and they're sound and none of them were hurt.

HANNITY: I think most Americans are looking at these guys with their hands behind their head, and I understand one woman had to cover her hair in a particular video.

HANNITY: When I look at this Iranian Revolutionary Guard video, did you get the impression that that was coerced? I got that impression.

KIRBY: Well, I think the Navy's going to investigate that. It very well might have.

HANNITY: What did you think?

KIRBY: Well, I mean, I'm not in a position to judge. I mean, I wasn't there, and I don't know this young officer, but I can tell you that the Navy's going to take a look at that. They're debriefing the sailors right now, and I'm sure they'll get as much information as they can.

HANNITY: All right...

KIRBY: Our focus here at the State Department truly was on trying to work the connection that we had. And before, you know, this Iran deal, we didn't even have that connection. So we wouldn't have been able to secure the release as quickly as possible. I mean, I can almost assure you that had it not been for Secretary Kerry's quick intervention here, those sailors would most likely be in Iranian hands.

HANNITY: Let me -- let me move on...

KIRBY: Our purpose was on getting them out.

HANNITY: Let me move on to this deal which now is apparently going to go into effect. Help me out and my audience out because this is how I see the deal, very one-sided.

HANNITY: I see that the Iranians will get $100 billion to $150 billion of frozen assets. I see the Iranians are still allowed to partner with the Russians and build missile defense, which could hurt our allies, Israel if they feel that they're a clear and present danger to their safety and security.

I see that they get to build conventional weapons. I see that they get at least 24 days' notice. In some instance, I've read that they might even have the opportunity to pick the inspectors.

What did America get out of this Iranian deal, where they continue to spin their centrifuges? What did we get out of this?

KIRBY: Well, what we got was an Iran that signed -- you can read it in first page of the document there, Sean, an Iran that has committed to not pursuing a nuclear weapons program. They will not acquire a nuclear weapons program. And if they try over the life of this deal, we'll be able to know because we now have a very, very strict inspection...

(Yeah, Sheep, an "inspection Program" where you give them 24 days warning, Haahahaha...And sometimes they get to pick which inspectors...)

HANNITY: But do you believe them? They're a state sponsor of terror. They fight proxy wars.

KIRBY: It's not...

HANNITY: You believe them.

ALL CONSERVATIVES BEG FOR IS SOMEONE TO STAND WITH OUR CONSTITUTION....................AND THE LIBS FREAK OUT AND CALL US NAZIS....JEEEEEEBUS