No sales tax for disabled vets

hughmanis

Considering the plight of a disabled vet, exemption from sales tax alone, seems a pitifully small concession. But it could be part of broader aid package. Depending on the extent of their disabilities, disabled vets need massive help in all sorts of ways.

We need to end unnecessary military interventions so that disabling wounds become far less common.

Considering the plight of a disabled vet, exemption from sales tax alone, seems a pitifully small concession. But it could be part of broader aid package. Depending on the extent of their disabilities, disabled vets need massive help in all sorts of ways.

We need to end unnecessary military interventions so that disabling wounds become far less common.

I think those that defend this nation are due as much compensation for the freedom they provide us. Without that sacrifice America would be a third rated country overrun by foreign powers. While these people were serving in combat, those that didn't were enriching themselves for several years at the veterans expense, becoming doctors, business owners, buying homes, having families, enjoying freedom.

I don't feel they get enough. I am appalled that I find veterans standing outside stores taking up donations, getting begging letters in the mail for donations, to provide care the government isn't. I am appalled to hear that some veterans are being charged deductibles for medical care. Appalled that some get dental, glasses, hearing, while others do not. Injustice in the system. They need more medical facilities and doctors. They need homes for the homeless. They need special care for the homeless (I see them doing something with this).

I think it would be hard to set up a tax exemption, but some stores give a 5-10% deduction at the register on purchases by showing their cards. That would be the way to do it, and I don't think we are talking about that many veterans anyway.