Total Conflict of Interest

Representative Gowdy,

Representative Royce,

I write out of deep concern over the recent reopening of the investigation into HRC's emails. While there are no doubt ethical and legal quandaries on the FBI side that others can peck over, on Obama's Department of Justice there is a very clear conflict of interest. Peter J Kadzik has apparently been put in charge of the DOJ's side of the new investigation into HRC's email server. He has a long history of being a partisan and Hillary-friendly operative.

See Wikileaks:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/31469

Kadzik was John Podesta's attorney at some point and "kept (him) out of jail."

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/23258

Kadzik even applied to join the Hillary campaign.

While I suspect the House Judiciary Committee is most likely to be responsible for oversight in the situation, I do not know for sure. I believe, based off your history with this topic, you would know best on how to proceed and see it through.

Very respectfully,

Kadzik was John Podesta's attorney at some point and "kept (him) out of jail." "at some point" is too vague.

Kadzik represented Podesta during the Monica Lewinsky investigation when Podesta committed perjury by making false statements to a grand jury impaneled by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr.

Kadzik's relationship goes deeper than just that. Kadzik lobbied Podesta on behalf of Marc Rich, the fugitive who Bill Clinton controversially pardoned on his last day in office.

Reminder, Marc Rich's wife gave over $1 million in gifts and donations to the Clintons prior to Rich's pardon.