It Gets Worse! Comey Defied Attorney General by Releasing E-Mail

5814d0fa150000b7005308f1.jpeg

This is clearly personal or political. His releasing of the dubious e-mail this close to election day is injurious to Clinton. And he defied the Attorney General and Department of Justice protocol by doing it! His ass is grass.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/comey-attorney-general-email_us_5814cff1e4b0390e69d094e3?vmmcstqjw21vpldi

(Full article at above link)

WASHINGTON ― FBI Director James Comey’s unprecedented decision to insert the bureau into the presidential campaign less than two weeks from Election Day has caused a rift in federal law enforcement.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch wanted Comey to follow DOJ protocols and traditions and not reveal the discovery of new emails that might be pertinent to Clinton’s case, The Huffington Post was able to confirm on Saturday, following the account of a Justice Department official in The Washington Post.

The U.S. Attorneys’ manual emphasizes the importance of “limited confidentiality” in “ongoing operations and investigations” to safeguard “the rights of victims and litigants as well as the protection of the life and safety of other parties and witnesses.”

Julie Werner-Simon, a former federal prosecutor who retired from DOJ in August 2015 after 29 years of service, argues that Comey’s decision to make public an incremental development in the investigation with little clear significance is a breach of the protocol outlined in the manual.

“It is shocking and disheartening that someone I admired would do this,” she said. “If I did what he did, I would be censured.”

“My view is that there should be an investigation” into Comey’s behavior, she added. “Under the rules that he violated, that investigation should be secret. That’s the point.”

Nancy Gertner, a retired federal judge appointed by President Bill Clinton who now lectures at Harvard Law School, had a similarly stinging indictment of Comey’s actions.

“I cannot think of any reason except Comey’s own personal interests to make public the possibility that there may be emails whose content he does not know that may be relevant to the investigation,” Gertner said.

“To release that kind of information is outrageous,” she added. “The FBI typically does not release information about an ongoing investigation, information that could have an impact on an upcoming election ― and he does not have the foggiest idea what is in these emails.”

The professional considerations that may have motivated Comey are obvious. Comey, a Republican, faced considerable criticism and scrutiny from congressional Republicans for declining to press charges against Clinton for her handling of classified emails on a private email server.

Comey appeared to recognize the unusual nature of his decision to release the information about the newly unearthed emails on Friday in a letter to his employees explaining the choice.

“Of course, we don’t ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed,” Comey wrote. “I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record.”

“His duty was to shut up and he didn’t. If you want to talk about violating protocol, he has provided a roadmap,” he said.

Perhaps the ag , the same one that met with Bill Clinton on her airplane in private just days before the list announcement......

Is crooked too.

The Clintons and Loretta Lynch are all reputable individuals. The only crook I see is the agenda-driven, Republican Comey.

The Clintons and Loretta Lynch are all reputable individuals. The only crook I see is the agenda-driven, Republican Comey.

linch and clintons and the nlggers obamas are all fucking corrupt to the core and evil as fuck

arrest and beat them !

Here's some relevant info on this matter.....from a New York Times article.....

Across Pennsylvania Avenue from the F.B.I., Justice Department officials were said to be deeply upset about Mr. Comey's decision to go to Congress with the new information before it had been adequately investigated.

That decision, said several officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity, appeared to contradict longstanding Justice Department guidelines discouraging any actions close to an election that could influence the outcome.

One official complained that no one at the F.B.I. or the Justice Department is even certain yet whether any of the emails included national security material or was relevant to the investigation into whether Mrs. Clinton had mishandled classified material in her use of a private email server.

"The F.B.I. has a history of extreme caution near Election Day so as not to influence the results," Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California, said in a statement. "Todays break from that tradition is appalling."

"Was this information Congress needed to know urgently? Of course not," said Matthew Miller, a Clinton supporter who was the chief spokesman at the Justice Department under former Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr.

And more from a later article in the NYT...Justice Dept. Strongly Discouraged Comey on Move in Clinton Email Case

Mr. Comey's letter opened him up to criticism not only from Democrats but also from current and former officials at the F.B.I. and the Justice Department, including Republicans.

"There's a longstanding policy of not doing anything that could influence an election," said George J. Terwilliger III, a deputy attorney general under President George Bush. "Those guidelines exist for a reason. Sometimes, that makes for hard decisions. But bypassing them has consequences."

He added, "There's a difference between being independent and flying solo."

The new emails were discovered during an unrelated F.B.I. investigation into the disgraced former congressman Anthony D. Weiner and his illicit text messages with a 15-year-old girl. On Oct. 3, the F.B.I. seized several electronic devices, including a laptop, a cellphone and an iPad.

During the course of searching those devices, the F.B.I. discovered thousands of emails, according to senior law enforcement officials, some of them between Mr. Weiner's estranged wife, Huma Abedin, a top adviser to Mrs. Clinton, and other aides.

Many of the emails, which have yet to be fully examined, are expected to be duplicates of emails that have already been scrutinized in the Clinton case. The government has not yet concluded that the new emails contain classified information, but investigators felt obligated to look.

People were sniffing around Obama's involvement with the email server and how much he knew. This development throws the spotlight straight back onto Clinton's camp and makes people forget about the Obama connection. Obama is also one of the few people who could pull Comey's ass from out of the fire if Comey turns on Clinton. Also consider that Obama and Hillary hate each other. Why wouldn't he throw her to the wolves right before the election? She has no time to recover, what he views as his legacy isn't dragged down by her and he gets to beat her one last time before she goes to jail.

My money is on this coming straight from the top.

Republican's actions are beyond the pale. First Trump threatens that he may not accept the election results if he loses, putting his own ambitions above the credibility of the U.S. election process and the longstanding peaceful transfer of power. And now this Republican mutt, Comey, has broken with DOJ protocol in hopes of influencing the election with bogus hints at a further investigation (which will never happen!) These asshole Republicans are acting like treasonous swine.

People were sniffing around Obama's involvement with the email server and how much he knew. This development throws the spotlight straight back onto Clinton's camp and makes people forget about the Obama connection. Obama is also one of the few people who could pull Comey's ass from out of the fire if Comey turns on Clinton. Also consider that Obama and Hillary hate each other. Why wouldn't he throw her to the wolves right before the election? She has no time to recover, what he views as his legacy isn't dragged down by her and he gets to beat her one last time before she goes to jail.

My money is on this coming straight from the top.

WTF? Watch Glenn Beck much?

Liberals Love Criminals

The Shining Examples of Liberal Ideology:

The 10 Poorest Cities in the Country are all run by Democrats

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907;

and what about ? ?

Baltimore
Oakland
South LA
Chicago

Haha! Good one! We almost took you seriously there!

It's a tough spot to be in. Already facing skepticism for the previous decision to not indict Clinton, not releasing this info until after the election makes it further look like the FBI and DOJ was protecting Hillary.

It's a tough spot to be in. Already facing skepticism for the previous decision to not indict Clinton, not releasing this info until after the election makes it further look like the FBI and DOJ was protecting Hillary.

Releasing WHAT info?

The "info" is that they have a bunch of emails from other people, involving an entirely different investigation, and they have no idea what is in them.

So - what "info" are you referring to?

Releasing WHAT info?

The "info" is that they have a bunch of emails from other people, involving an entirely different investigation, and they have no idea what is in them.

The info that their are emails in there that may be pertinent. What other info would I be talking about?

The info that their are emails in there that may be pertinent. What other info would I be talking about?

Comey already admitted that he didn't even see them yet!

A bit over the top, admittedly, but closer to the truth than Republicans ever get.

Liberals Love Criminals

The Shining Examples of Liberal Ideology:

The 10 Poorest Cities in the Country are all run by Democrats

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907;

and what about ? ?

Baltimore

Oakland

South LA

Chicago

For median income, we found that 95 of the 100 poorest counties were located in red states. Here are the 10 poorest, all of them in red states:

1. Owsley County, Ky.

2. Jefferson County, Miss.

3. Wolfe County, Ky.

4. Brooks County, Texas

5. McCreary County, Ky.

6. Hudspeth County, Texas

7. Hancock County, Tenn.

8. Jackson County, Ky.

9. Clay County, Ky.

10. Holmes County, Miss.

For percentage of residents in poverty, we found that 93 of the 100 poorest counties were in red states.

Here are the 10 with the highest poverty rates, all of them in red states:

1. Shannon County, S.D.

2. Clay County, Ga.

3. East Carroll Parish, La.

4. Sioux County, N.D.

5. Todd County, S.D.

7. Holmes County, Miss.

8. Corson County, S.D.

9. Wolfe County, Ky.

10. Humphreys County, Miss.

From what? I understand there are 3 emails related to Clinton, not sent by Clinton, and not classified. How that hurts Clinton is beyond me.

Releasing WHAT info?

Personally, I think Comey was just responding to the committee request, and they blabbed it all over in a misconstrued way. I think he previously served Hillary well in the earlier hearings, don't you? And the thing is, this isn't over this year. The only way dumping Comey makes sense to me, is Hillary doesn't have to appoint a replacement, and basically stall the FBI for any further GOP investigations. If the GOP can refuse Judges, Hillary can refuse the FBI.

Comey already admitted that he didn't even see them yet!

A bit over the top, admittedly, but closer to the truth than Republicans ever get.

But his agents have. I've not formed a solid opinion on his decision here, but I understand the reasoning behind it and the tough spot he's in because of politics.

Personally, I think Comey was just responding to the committee request, and they blabbed it all over in a misconstrued way. I think he previously served Hillary well in the earlier hearings, don't you? And the thing is, this isn't over this year. The only way dumping Comey makes sense to me, is Hillary doesn't have to appoint a replacement, and basically stall the FBI for any further GOP investigations. If the GOP can refuse Judges, Hillary can refuse the FBI.

They may have blabbed it, and are letting comey take the heat. I really despise politics sometimes. Well, most of the time.

For median income, we found that 95 of the 100 poorest counties were located in red states. Here are the 10 poorest, all of them in red states:

1. Owsley County, Ky.

2. Jefferson County, Miss.

3. Wolfe County, Ky.

4. Brooks County, Texas

5. McCreary County, Ky.

7. Hancock County, Tenn.

8. Jackson County, Ky.

9. Clay County, Ky.

10. Holmes County, Miss.

For percentage of residents in poverty, we found that 93 of the 100 poorest counties were in red states.

Here are the 10 with the highest poverty rates, all of them in red states:

1. Shannon County, S.D.

2. Clay County, Ga.

3. East Carroll Parish, La.

4. Sioux County, N.D.

5. Todd County, S.D.

7. Holmes County, Miss.

8. Corson County, S.D.

9. Wolfe County, Ky.

10. Humphreys County, Miss.

From what? I understand there are 3 emails related to Clinton, not sent by Clinton, and not classified. How that hurts Clinton is beyond me.

Are you speaking on what they may have found now? Because we don't know at the moment.

The info that their are emails in there that may be pertinent.

No, no, dear - no trying to change your dishonest claim now. You referred to "not releasing this info until after the election". Now that I call you out on your attempt to lie that there actually IS "info", you try to squirm away from it by saying "Well, there MAY be info".

Why are you cons always scheming and lying and distorting, trying to deceive people? Don't you ever question the ethics or morality of that kin of thing?