Obama to join redistricting reform group after leaving White House

dahur

5:37 p.m. ET

Former Attorney General Eric Holder is set to head up a new Democratic group focusing on redistricting reform — and President Obama will likely join his former administration colleague when he leaves office next January.

Called the National Democratic Redistricting Committee, the group "will coordinate campaign strategy, direct fundraising, organize ballot initiatives, and put together legal challenges to state redistricting maps," Politico reports, in an effort to fight the gerrymandering that has traditionally benefited the Republican Party in state elections. The group originally wanted to get to work for the 2016 elections, but instead is now setting its sights on concrete efforts during the 2018 midterms.

Obama has been receiving updates on the group's progress since it formed early this summer, and The Washington Post calls Obama's "decision to back such a broad, organizing political effort after leaving the White House ... a rare, if not unprecedented, step in the modern era." Democrats have historically been at a disadvantage in state races and often give up seats during midterm cycles — including the walloping the party suffered in the 2010 and 2014 elections.Kimberly Alters

http://theweek.com/speedreads/655758/obama-join-redistricting-reform-group-after-leaving-white-house

Awesome news. This will be yet another nail in the coffin of the republican party. The hole is dug, now let's put their box in and cover it over. Good riddance.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to take quite a bit to eradicate the republican party. They should have been long gone by now, but they've managed to survive. How..?

They are extremely corrupt, blatantly dishonest to the core, and if their backs truly get up against the wall, everyone will see just how much lower they can go. And they will.

They are miserable human beings.

Unfortunately, I think it's going to take quite a bit to eradicate the republican party. They should have been long gone by now, but they've managed to survive. How..?

Corporate money.

They are extremely corrupt, blatantly dishonest to the core, and if their backs truly get up against the wall, everyone will see just how much lower they can go. And they will.

Agreed. The is no boundary of decency or humanity that cons will not break, no crime they will not commit, up to and including murder, to keep their hands on the Treasury.

They are miserable human beings.

They are a cancer on this country.

He's not qualified to be on the Supreme Court..

As though you have any idea, whore.

People elected to the Supreme Court has long histories of judging and practicing the law.

More of your made up out of thin air whore bullshit. I love how you genuinely believe that everyone is as breathtakingly stupid and ignorant as you are.

Can you show us where Obama has been in a court room?

1993-2004, idiot whore. Can you show us support for your pulled out of your ass whore bullshit?

Supreme Court nominees spend more than 4 years in a court room.

They work up the ladder in circuit courts and sit in on major decisions.

Isabel....What excuse are you going to make when Clinton DOESN'T nominate him?

Supreme Court nominees spend more than 4 years in a court room.

Cite, lying whore?

They work up the ladder in circuit courts and sit in on major decisions.

Cite, lying whore?

Isabel....What excuse are you going to make when Clinton DOESN'T nominate him?

I don't think she should. We want someone VERY YOUNG in there, to protect America from you repulsive, traitorous douchebags for a very long time.

The next three SC justices should be - black woman, Asian woman, Muslim woman.

Go and check the long history of Supremes..

They have careers spanning decades in court rooms...

Look at Sotomayer ..

She was a judge for years and years and then sat as a appeal judge...

Like I said Isabel..

Explain why Clinton won't nominate Obama...

Go and check the long history of Supremes..

LOLOL. Once again, your pulled out of your ass bullshit bites you in the ass, lying whore.

They have careers spanning decades in court rooms...Look at Sotomayer ..She was a judge for years and years and then sat as a appeal judge...

What does that have to do with you supporting your pulled out of your ass bullshit, lying whore? Oh, yeah - nothing.

Like I said Isabel.. Explain why Clinton won't nominate Obama...

I just did, lying whore.

Now, explain why you are unable to support your pulled out of your ass bullshit?

You've tried:

- making empty claims

- begging me to go find your proof FOR you (LOLOL!!!)

- talked about one judge

You know - you could just say "I am lying out of my ass again, I can't help myself, I am a pathetic, pathologically lying con whore, and telling lies all day long is how I pretend my life has meaning."

It would save you a lot of writhing and screaming.

So a junior clerk in a law firm for 4 years should be a Supreme Court judge?

And, slapped in the mouth again with your relentless whore lies, off you flee sobbing, panties around your ankles, to the safety of your idiotic fantasy world

What a pathetic, lying whore you are.

Let's see if Clinton agrees with you Isabel....

No one on earth agree with the stupid shit you make up out of thin air, lying whore.

You can't defend the dumb idea that Clinton may nominate Obama for the court..

so you attack me...?

Let's see if I'm right...

Clinton will not nominate Obama for the court..

You say she will

You can't defend the dumb idea that Clinton may nominate Obama for the court..

When did I say that? Oh, yeah, just more of your endless whore lies, trying to scrabble away from your hilarious faceplant.

so you attack me...?

I call you out on your endless lies and made-up shit, and then you scream and writhe and try to change the subject and demand I help you prove your bullshit and scream some more. It's HILARIOUS.

Let's see if I'm right...Clinton will not nominate Obama for the court..You say she will

Ah - HAHAHAHAHA! And again, back you flee into complete and total fantasy, and the frantic, ridiculous lies that you depend on to hide from the Big Bad Reality Monster.

Jesus, you're pathetic.