What does retire mean?

Does it mean we get tired over and over and over?

I've always thought retire means up at 5AM and getting on with activity such as part time employment,35 minute morning walk,pumping some weights or bicycling about 30 miles in the AM. Or maybe all of it.

In addition to becoming a political junkie to protect medicare,social security insurance,medicaid and public education.

Not to mention going after rotten politicians. Perhaps throwing in a ballet,Fleetwood Mac,Rolling Stones,Neil Young and some new bluesy rockNroll.

Is the above the way it is?

I sure hope so because I'm ready to retire and I don't want to be lazy about it.

I've always thought retire means up at 5AM and getting on with activity such as part time employment,35 minute morning walk,pumping some weights or bicycling about 30 miles in the AM. Or maybe all of it.

In addition to becoming a political junkie to protect medicare,social security insurance,medicaid and public education.

Not to mention going after rotten politicians. Perhaps throwing in a ballet,Fleetwood Mac,Rolling Stones,Neil Young and some new bluesy rockNroll.

I sure hope so because I'm ready to retire and I don't want to be lazy about it.

Well, think what you want to do with your life, now. They say a lot of seniors say they didn't travel when they were able to. Go abroad, take the cheapest way you can, take notes, write a book about it. Learn how to fly or sky dive, or scuba dive, or ski.

While doing bicycles on our honeymoon we spent some time in Youth Hostels which was a rewarding experience. Looks as though Youth Hostels could be back on the agenda.

I forgot to mention that more often than not WE were the only Americans in these youth hostels. Quite a friendly experience.

Retirement means you have the opportunity to return to what you were at conception before society turned you into one of their people after birth. This concept really changes the meaning of being born again, doesn't it, as intellectual birth of ideology is a choice, being alive is a physical result that doesn't change eternally regardless the social position achieved when alive.

All lifetimes only pass through the moment here and currently everything controlling humanity is corrupted, why? Choices followed cradle to grave generation after generation of humans thinking life comes from outside the moment here, how is that possible? Choice and the limits society gives its citizens. to choose from..

"being alive is a physical result that doesn't change eternally."

I am not a big believer in that... I think we have a fixed timeline. I remember nothing before my birth.. all of the past is learned from my ancestors.

But you are correct that fact that I am here will be an eternal one.

It is something that requires a total comprehension, not a faith anything is possible and what actually keeps everything kinetically connected when simultaneously existing in the same instant.

But you just keep intellectually thinking out of a box.

Is there a philosopher that is your favorite Sole? I did not do so well in Philosophy in college. I do remember and find Descartes quite interesting. He had to fake he believed in God.

Reading Plato's Republic - - - again. I enjoyed philosophy & logic in school.