Let's Put Jill Stein In First Place and Trump in Third place

Jill Stein looks extremely healthy and quite handsome not to mention stately.
CtTHJcuWAAItih7.jpg

Letter to the editor ....

‘Our Flawed Process’ reads the headline for Sunday Oct 9th.

Canon and Helling forgot one vital component to this process…the Media.

Where are the headlines about the incredible presidential candidate Jill Stein?

Where is the media coverage anywhere for this viable Green Party candidate?

If the media would step up to the plate and give her the coverage she more than deserves we the people would have an alternative candidate who could very well win. She not only sticks to the issues but presents sound solutions to many of our problems.

I appreciate the Kansas City Star’s editorials. Coming from a paper that is not afraid to speak up in these editorials I find it mystifying that Jill Stein’s candidacy is absent from daily viewing.

I think if more of the media took more of a stand from the status quo, the flaws would more quickly be remedied.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are grassroots activists, environmentalists, advocates for social justice, nonviolent resisters and regular citizens who’ve had enough of corporate-dominated politics. Government must be part of the solution, but when it’s controlled by the 1%, it’s part of the problem. The longer we wait for change, the harder it gets.

Don’t stay home on election day. Vote Green.

WHY DO VOTERS ALLOW REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ALL PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES A PLACE IN THE DEBATES?

WHY DO VOTERS ALLOW MAINSTREAM MEDIA THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ASSAULT ON DEMOCRACY AND THE FAIR VOTE?
Look at this way. A low spender such as Jill Stein has not become owned by the few wealthy campaign spenders therefore America wins.
Koch and Associates has set a campaign budget of at least $300,000,000 which to me is a lot of money from the few.
300 million campaign dollars going to very conservative thinkers on both sides of the aisle who seem to respond accordingly. Should this not be a concern?
$300,000,000 places Public Education,Social SecurityInsurance and medicare at risk of of being sold off to the highest bidder across the nation. Conservative soldiers on both sides of aisle are in place doing some quite reckless spending and inflicting damage to the USA as we speak.
TWO CLINTON'S in 41 YEARS taking in $3 BILLION SPECIAL INTEREST DOLLARS should concern voters. https://www.washingt.../clinton-money/
VOTE JILL STEIN THE SMART VOTE - I say democracy,ethics and equality thank me for my vote.
Two political parties with conflicts of interest subverted the Presidential Debates and now dictate who can participate. How can voters bother to turn on a debate knowing this. A debate that leaves the majority of issues without substantial discussion.
The top two candidates are under some intense scrutiny for their actions as we speak and are said to be the least liked or perhaps even the least trusted in the history of presidential elections which is a large assertion.
VOTE JILL STEIN THE SMART VOTE - I say democracy,ethics and equality thank me for my vote.

Donald got Hillary on a big one judging from what I heard on the news....

As for Donald not paying any taxes into the next century. Hell we would never have known had Donald not become a candidate.

Why didn't Hillary eliminate that great big loophole when she was a senator?

Is she as a possible president going to push for elimination? Or will she become hard to find?

let's wait and see..... How many intend on paying attention to Hillary after the election?

How many loopholes are the Clinton's using to their advantage?

VOTE JILL STEIN THE SMART VOTE !

Given the other choices available to voters this cycle, I think Jill Stein is a very reasonable choice. I'm a free-market anti-State libertarian and I've been considering voting for Jill Stein based on the areas that we agree. On foreign policy (i.e. being antiwar), on criminal justice reform, on ending the war on drugs and a handful of other important issues, I think she is exceptional.

I disagree with her economics and her faith that government can be used as a "force for good". I don't think that's possible. But she is an honest woman who correctly identifies many of the problems we are facing. In any other year, I'd be likely to support the Libertarian Party nominee but, frankly, Gary Johnson is a complete embarrassment. I'm not sure I could bring myself to cast a vote for him.

This is what Jill Stein recently said:

“It is now Hillary Clinton that wants to start an air war with Russia over Syria by calling for a no fly zone.

“We have 2000 nuclear missiles on hair trigger alert. They are saying we are closer to a nuclear war than we have ever been.

“Under Hillary Clinton, we could slide into nuclear war very quickly from her declared policy in Syria.

“I sure won’t sleep well at night if Donald Trump is elected, but I sure won’t sleep well at night if Hillary Clinton elected. We have another choice other than these two candidates who are both promoting lethal policies.

“On the issue of war and nuclear weapons, it is actually Hillary’s policies which are much scarier than Donald Trump who does not want to go to war with Russia.

“He wants to seek modes of working together, which is the route that we need to follow not to go into confrontation and nuclear war with Russia.”

This is why Dr Stein deserves more exposure and support. Even if you don't vote for her, she is the very best anti-war voice in this election and the stakes could not be higher. Going to war with Russia could have catastrophic consequences and our politicians are blind to the danger in their escalation of tensions with Russia over Syrian airspace.

I even agree with her that Donald Trump, for all his faults, is actually less dangerous than Hillary on foreign policy.

I don't know if I'll vote for her or not, but I think you can make a very rational case for supporting Jill Stein. I don't think anybody in their right mind should be supporting Trump and, perhaps least of all, Hillary.

Very interesting.

"I disagree with her economics and her faith that government can be used as a "force for good". ----- depends on where tax dollars are spent and whether or not taxpayers realize a payback.

There are certainly government programs that are more harmful than others. However, I think most of the time the government will be working to benefit members of the political class and the very rich banks and corporations that have the most influence. It's basically built into the system. The State is a very poor provider of social services. It's good at waging war and enriching a small minority at the expense of everyone else, though.

Look up Public Choice Theory. It's really sheds light on why politics is not very effective at solving social problems:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_choice

Ultimately, I think we need to reduce the role of the State to the most minimum level possible. If we must have a State, it should be limited to the protection of person and property from aggression and the adjudication of disputes. Then solutions to social problems should be developed in the private sector through voluntary transactions, charities, and cooperative efforts.

Jill Stein disagrees with this and envisions an activist government, albeit one that is controlled democratically by the people, providing healthcare to the citizens, regulating the private economy, providing free college and a long list of other benefits to ordinary citizens. She wants to root out the corruption, but I think the only way to do that is to reduce the role of politics in American life. Politics tends towards corruption and the rewarding of special interests over actually solving problems.

She's against many of the same things I'm against as a libertarian, but her solutions differ considerably. On foreign policy, though, I agree with her almost completely. And that is the most important issue to me. I'll work with almost anyone who wants to end the military empire and cut the military budget.

Clinton and Trump have reduced the campaign to bullshit talk .....

Let's keep the issues on the table and get rid of this sex talk !!!! It has become more about sensationalism in the news and less about the issues.

Some guy named McMullen has the same chance of winning as your laughable candidate does.

https://electionbettingodds.com/week.html

Is that why you continue to vote for the most corrupt political parties on planet earth?

It seems to me putting Jill Stein at the top and Hillary second would keep Trump at the bottom.

Placing Jill Stein and the Green party at the top would be a step forward in cleaning up USA politics.

Is that why you continue to vote for the most corrupt political parties on planet earth?

I vote for the best candidate available..who just happens to be the smartest and most experienced.

You vote for the person who has no chance of winning. You're not even in the game.

A .1 % chance of winning.

Lmao

Dr. Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate for President of the United States, promises a Manhattan-project jobs program that would ignite our economy, repair our crumbling infrastructure, and put the US in the lead at the forefront of the world’s newest and hottest technologies.

She will put forward the health care policy most of us wanted in 2009: the public option, effectively Medicare for everyone. She will withdraw our troops out of Afghanistan and implement the advice George Washington gave in his farewell address: “The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible.”

Jill Stein will bring to the table a demand for an equitable tax system, not one in which the wealthy pay too little and we the 99% have to close schools, fire police, and shutter fire stations to make up the difference. Climate change and food security are at the top of her agenda, as is getting the money out of politics.

A Jill Stein presidency will herald the liberation of a democracy currently hijacked by wealthy Americans like the Koch brothers and by corporate banksters like Lloyd Blankfein the CEO of Goldman Sachs.

From the perspective of those of us in the 99%, the only plausible reason to fail to vote for Jill Stein is that voting for her will take votes away from Clinton Let me explain why this fails to show that we should not vote for Jill Stein.

My explanation requires we distinguish the significant issues that affect all of us in the 99% from those issues that divide us. Some of the issues that unite us include the need for jobs, a vibrant economy, accessible health care for all, a fair tax policy, a democracy in which we have a voice, security from foreign threats, and an environment that will allow us to live healthily as well as allow our children and grandchildren to live healthily after us.

The emotionally inflammatory issues that divide us are promulgated by the media, politicians, and even some religious leaders. These red herring issues draw us away from the basic issues that unite us: our economy and a vibrant democracy

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/08/24/jill-stein-and-the-99-percent/

Voters should learn

VOTERS should have learned a lesson which is the republican party is not the same and is not fiscally responsible and has not been for about 37 years.

Fiscally Responsible Republicans may want to hold their noses and vote democrat and Green Party which is the fiscally smart choice. Why? The old school fiscally responsible republican party is dead.

The Koch/ALEC Dynasty wages war against republicans and democrats who appear not to do as told which means big dollars are being spent to replace them with bogus representatives.

Never forget it is this bogus GOP led by libertarian right wing politicians that has effectively rendered the USA bankrupt.

NOT reinstating the ALEC tax cuts should not require a lot of thinking. It will however require a ton of backbone and truck loads of ethical stamina.

Next session reward middle class, real republicans and democrats for the pain and suffering extended to them by Koch dollars,the American Legislative Exchange Council,The Democratic Council as in the Clintons and associated sheep.

Fully fund public education instead of totally destroying this most effective institution.

Then cut sales taxes on the following in all states:

--- school supplies from kindergarten – college graduation

--- clothing

--- shoes

--- groceries

--- all healthcare related purchases

Privatization is evil and steals our tax dollars!!!

Fortunately, Representatives John Conyers, John Lewis and others have now introduced legislation that would restore and modernize the Voting Rights Act for the 21st century. We need to stop Republicans in states around the country from enacting racist voter ID and voter suppression laws. Passing the Voting Rights Amendment Act now is the best way to do it.

Tell Congress: Restore the Voting Rights Act now.

http://act.credoaction.com/sign/voting_rights_amendment_act/?t=3&akid=11550.1167330.RnT3Z4

Don't forget voters that the moderates cannot win without a heavy turnout. WE KNOW that this administration is involved in voter suppression and has been for quite some time.

WE also know that for whatever reason radical conservatives own the voting devices such as Diebold that also donate to radical right wing conservatives.

--- How many voters have radical RINO conservatives purged thus far? Surely we don't believe conservatives have stopped breaking the law.

Voters ORGANIZING A VOTING DAY PACKET might be a preventive measure which could include:

--- a birth certificate

--- a drivers license or state ID card

--- proof of voter registration etc etc etc.

--- Military Discharge Papers

--- Keep this packet close to protect your right to vote

Do it today in case it is discovered one or more of the above cannot be found. None of these are difficult to replace. But will take time.

I vote for the best candidate available..who just happens to be the smartest and most experienced.

You vote for the person who has no chance of winning. You're not even in the game.

A .1 % chance of winning.

Lmao

I'm not a Green Party member but I absolutely can't stand this willful marginalization of third party candidates. I understand why corrupt media outlets would want to suppress third party voices but why on earth would a normal citizen who is presumably concerned with the future of the country want to artificially limit the number of viable parties and the scope of debate?!

There is a persistence to government policy that will not change if you keep voting for Democrats and Republicans. This is being called by some the Deep State. Large banks, military contractors, the CIA, favored corporate interests, and think tanks (Project for a New American Century, Council on Foreign Relations, etc) basically set government policy regardless of which major political party is in "power" at the moment. The system is an oligarchy and this will not change if you continue supporting establishment candidates.

Voting for Hillary Clinton means you are voting for a Dick Cheney foreign policy. You might even be voting for war against Russia, which would mean World War 3 and even a Nuclear exchange.

The agenda set forward by the Deep State is downright frightening. Why would you be willingly endorsing this agenda by voting for the establishment's hand-picked puppet?

Far from being a "wasted vote", voting third party or abstaining from voting altogether will send a message that you stand with those of us who oppose more war, who oppose oligarchic rule by financial institutions and political agents, and you want real change.

Of course Jill Stein or Gary Johnson won't be elected. It doesn't matter because if Hillary Clinton is elected, or probably even if Donald Trump is elected, the Deep State will do what it wants to the detriment of the rest of us.

I'm not a Green Party member but I absolutely can't stand this willful marginalization of third party candidates. I understand why corrupt media outlets would want to suppress third party voices but why on earth would a normal citizen who is presumably concerned with the future of the country want to artificially limit the number of viable parties and the scope of debate?!

There is a persistence to government policy that will not change if you keep voting for Democrats and Republicans. This is being called by some the Deep State. Large banks, military contractors, the CIA, favored corporate interests, and think tanks (Project for a New American Century, Council on Foreign Relations, etc) basically set government policy regardless of which major political party is in "power" at the moment. The system is an oligarchy and this will not change if you continue supporting establishment candidates.

Voting for Hillary Clinton means you are voting for a Dick Cheney foreign policy. You might even be voting for war against Russia, which would mean World War 3 and even a Nuclear exchange.

The agenda set forward by the Deep State is downright frightening. Why would you be willingly endorsing this agenda by voting for the establishment's hand-picked puppet?

Far from being a "wasted vote", voting third party or abstaining from voting altogether will send a message that you stand with those of us who oppose more war, who oppose oligarchic rule by financial institutions and political agents, and you want real change.

Of course Jill Stein or Gary Johnson won't be elected. It doesn't matter because if Hillary Clinton is elected, or probably even if Donald Trump is elected, the Deep State will do what it wants to the detriment of the rest of us.

Very well spoken ...... thanks for dropping by.

However I disagree on one point. Not voting changes nothing and IMO will not send the message implied. I fully understand the discouragement which I feel is the objective of the controlling conservatives and their big bucks.

Very well spoken ...... thanks for dropping by.

However I disagree on one point. Not voting changes nothing and IMO will not send the message implied. I fully understand the discouragement which I feel is the objective of the controlling conservatives and their big bucks.

I get what you're saying. Sometimes I wish there was an option for "None of the Above" on ballots. This is one election cycle where I don't feel passionate about any particular candidate, including third party choices. I do have a strong preference for Gary Johnson and Jill Stein over Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, though. I think voting against the Establishment and the Deep State has merit, but I don't ultimately think it will change policy in the long run.

I think honest and principled progressives in the Green Party and anti-State libertarians like myself have a lot of common ground. We should be working together to de-legitimize the two-party duopoly and weaken the entrenched oligarchy. And, most important to me, we should work together to end the Empire, cut military spending and adopt a non-interventionist foreign policy. Then we can hash out our differences on domestic policy.

I will stick with Jill Stein. No matter what credentials candidates have or lack it is the cabinet choices that establish an administration.

Hillary Clinton will be another Bill Clinton war mongering, Wall Street and big oil administration bringing on privatization and evermore deregulation instead of fiscal responsible management.

Letter to the editor ....

‘Our Flawed Process’ reads the headline for Sunday Oct 9th.

Canon and Helling forgot one vital component to this process…the Media.

Where are the headlines about the incredible presidential candidate Jill Stein?

Where is the media coverage anywhere for this viable Green Party candidate?

If the media would step up to the plate and give her the coverage she more than deserves we the people would have an alternative candidate who could very well win. She not only sticks to the issues but presents sound solutions to many of our problems.

I appreciate the Kansas City Star’s editorials. Coming from a paper that is not afraid to speak up in these editorials I find it mystifying that Jill Stein’s candidacy is absent from daily viewing.

I think if more of the media took more of a stand from the status quo, the flaws would more quickly be remedied.

The Green Party = grassroots activists, environmentalists, advocates for social justice, advocates for economic justice and economic growth,nonviolent resisters and regular citizens who’ve had enough of corporate-dominated politics. Government must be part of the solution, but when it’s controlled by the 1%, it’s part of the problem. The longer we wait for change, the harder it gets. Don’t stay home on election day. Vote Green.

Jill Stein looks extremely healthy and quite handsome not to mention stately.

CtTHJcuWAAItih7.jpg