AVALANCHE: Top Republicans pile on Trump after lewd comments about wom

T'Rump is toast! Burnt toast! Burnt orange pumpkin toast!

Has anyone ever seen a Presidential candidate who was so thoroughly denounced and denigrated by top members of his own Party?

I love his fourth grader excuse for his vile comments....Trump said, "Bill Clinton has said far worse to me..."

I can't even imagine how utterly degraded and insane any woman would have be who decides to vote for T'Rump after this debacle.

AVALANCHE: Top Republicans pile on Trump after lewd comments about women emerge

Business Insider

Allan Smith and Brett LoGiurato

Prominent Republicans issued blistering responses to newly disclosed audio of Donald Trump published Friday by The Washington Post in which he said he was able to "grab" women "by the pussy" because "when you're a star they let you do it."

"No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever," Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus said in an extraordinary response about the party's presidential nominee just more than a month ahead of the November 8 election.

The recording, which was picked up by a hot mic, came from an interaction between Trump and television personality Billy Bush and featured the pair using extraordinarily vulgar language to describe women.

Priebus' comments were echoed by a number of top GOP leaders -- those in the party's congressional leadership, the party's former presidential nominees, and Trump'js former primary rivals among them. At least one elected Republican official called on Trump to drop out of the race.

"Hitting on married women? Condoning assault? Such vile degradations demean our wives and daughters and corrupt America's face to the world," 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney wrote on Twitter.

House Speaker Paul Ryan said he was "sickened by Trump's comments and disinvited him from a planned joint event Saturday in Wisconsin with Priebus and Sen. Ron Johnson. Trump said he would send his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, to the event in his place while he prepares for Sunday's presidential debate in New York with Priebus and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

"I hope Mr. Trump treats this situation with the seriousness it deserves and works to demonstrate to the country that he has greater respect for women than this clip suggests," Ryan said.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell echoed Ryan, calling Trump's comments "repugnant, and unacceptable in any circumstance."

Republican Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona, a frequent critic of the billionaire along the campaign trail, posted to Twitter that "America deserves far better than" Trump. Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, locked in a tough primary against Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan, called the comments "totally inappropriate and offensive." Sen. John McCain of Arizona, another in a re-election battle, called the comments "offensive" and "demeaning" and Trump alone should "suffer the consequences" of the comments.

And Sen. Mark Kirk of Illinois, also in a tight re-election race, called Trump a "malignant clown" on Twitter and said he was "unfit to be president." He said Trump should drop out of the race, becoming the most prominent elected GOP official to urge Trump to do so.

The dominoes kept coming. Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and Ohio Gov. John Kasich, two of Trump's primary rivals, also issued stinging rebuttals to the current nominee.

"As the grandfather of two precious girls, I find that no apology can excuse away Donald Trump's reprehensible comments degrading women," Bush wrote on Twitter.

Sen. Marco Rubio said the comments were "impossible to justify." Sen. Ted Cruz, yet another former primary rival, said there was "simply no excuse for them."

Other top Republicans did not offer immediate comment on the remarks. Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia, and Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, among others, did not immediately respond to Business Insider's requests for comment.

In a Friday statement from Trump, which came almost immediately after the story was posted, Trump called his commentary "locker room banter."

"This was locker room banter, a private conversation that took place many years ago," Trump said. "'Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course -- not even close. I apologize if anyone was offended."

The tape began with Trump discussing a failed attempt to seduce a woman. That woman's name was not mentioned in the tape.

"I moved on her and I failed," he said. "I'll admit it."

According to the Post, the tape was recorded several months after he married his third wife, Melania.

"I did try and fuck her," Trump later said. "She was married. ... And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, 'I'll show you where they have some nice furniture.'"

"I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldnt get there," he continued. "And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, shes now got the big phony tits and everything. Shes totally changed her look."

At that point, Trump and Bush noticed the actress, Arianne Zucker, who was waiting to take them onto the set.

"I've gotta use some tic tacs, just in case I start kissing her," Trump said. "You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful -- I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait."

"And when youre a star they let you do it," Trump continued. "You can do anything. ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

The release of the audio comes two days before Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton are scheduled to meet for the second of three debates. Clinton brought up Trump's history of crude comments about women during their first encounter. Earlier this week, Trump suggested many of those past comments were made "for the purpose of entertainment."

The disgusting mysoginistic disrespectful sex talk tape came out on Friday the 7th of October.....and many top Republicans who had been supporting and endorsing him began bailing on T'Rump over Friday's revelations.....as documented in the OP.

This open letter of opposition to T'Rump, signed by more than 30 former Republican members of Congress, was released on Thursday, Oct. 6th., before the sex talk tape was revealed. An unusually prescient line in the letter was this one: "Every day brings a fresh revelation that highlights the unacceptable danger in electing him to lead our nation.". They had no idea when they released that letter, just what kind of far more disturbing "revelations" would be coming to light the very next day.

Even before the sex talk tape, senior conservatives all over the country were excoriating T'Rump and calling him "disgraceful", "indefensible", "unfit", and a "liar, and saying that he "makes a mockery of the principles and values we have cherished", "insults women, mocks the handicapped, urges that dissent be met with violence, seeks to impose religious tests for entry into the United States, and applies a de facto ethnicity test to judges", "offends our allies and praises dictators", and "belittles our heroes and insults the parents of men who have died serving our country".

T'Rump has made it very clear, even to senior Republicans, what kind of incompetent lying sleazeball he really is. Many, quite understandably, have vowed not to vote for him, or even to vote for Hillary just to keep T'Rump out of the White House because of what a danger he would be to America.

What is mind-blowing, and very disturbing to me as an American, are the hard-core racist, xenophobic, bigoted rightwingnuts, many on this forum, who, even after all of these multiple T'Rump generated shitstorms, still worship and support this blovating, bombastic fascist blowhard! What he has done and said doesn't bother them....the condemnation by top Republican leaders doesn't bother them....because they are the kind of ignorant retarded wackos who agree with T'Rump on everything.

More than 30 former GOP members of Congress oppose Donald Trump, call his candidacy 'disgraceful'

The Los Angeles Times

Lisa Mascaro

OCT. 6, 2016

More than 30 former Republican members of Congress issued a scathing open letter Thursday announcing their opposition to Donald Trump and urging fellow Republicans to deny him the White House.

The group recants the GOP presidential candidate's long list of insults and "lies," and said his "disgraceful candidacy is indefensible."

"As Republican members of Congress, we took pride in representing a political party that stood for honest and principled public leadership in which the American people could place their trust," they wrote in an open letter.

"Sadly, our party's nominee this year is a man who makes a mockery of the principles and values we have cherished and which we sought to represent in Congress."

The group includes key swing state figures, and is the largest showing of one-time GOP officials refusing to back the party's presidential nominee this year.

Among those signing are Pennsylvania's former Rep. Bill Clinger, who was chairman of the House Oversight Committee that investigated Bill and Hillary Clinton in "Travelgate" and other issues during the Clinton administration.

Also on the list are former Iowa Rep. Jim Leach, former Wisconsin Rep. Tom Petri and former Virginia Rep. G. William Whitehurst, all from battleground states.

Three former California Republican lawmakers, Reps. Tom Campbell, Steve Kuykendall, and Pete McCloskey also signed.

"In nominating Donald Trump, the Republican Party has asked the people of the United States to entrust their future to a man who insults women, mocks the handicapped, urges that dissent be met with violence, seeks to impose religious tests for entry into the United States, and applies a de facto ethnicity test to judges," they wrote.

"He offends our allies and praises dictators. His public statements are peppered with lies. He belittles our heroes and insults the [url=http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-khan-battle-20160731-snap-story.html]parents of men who have died serving our country. Every day brings a fresh revelation that highlights the unacceptable danger in electing him to lead our nation."

The group went on: "It is in that spirit that, as Donald Trump's unfitness for public office has become ever more apparent, we urge our fellow Republicans not to vote for this man whose disgraceful candidacy is indefensible."

So you dismissed sexual predator Bill Clinton's abuse of women & Hillary running defense for 20 years and now you're "offended" over Trump? Gimme a break.

Paul Joseph Watson

You lying loser...

Hillary Clinton hit Bill in the head with a book after Monica affair | New ...

She was not defending him. Were Hillary my sister and you and I were face to face you'd be getting punked like the pathetic bitch that you are.

Hillary, for the sake of their marriage and true to her Christian beliefs she saved the marriage for her daughter. Bill did not throw her away and trade her in on a new and younger model. He loves her dearly.

And the 'Avalanche' continues downward on top of old Trumpty-Dumpty.....

More Than Three Dozen GOP Lawmakers Un-Endorse Trump

Plus Arnold Schwarzenegger

Newser

By Michael Harthorne, Newser Staff

Oct 8, 2016

More than three dozen Republican lawmakers either rescinded their endorsements of Donald Trump or urged their supporters not to vote for him Saturday, reports Deadspin, which is keeping a running tally. Notable names include Sen. Kelly Ayotte, Sen. Mike Lee, Gov. John Kasich, and Sen. John McCain. "Donald Trump's behavior this week, concluding with the disclosure of his demeaning comments about women and his boasts about sexual assaults, make it impossible to continue to offer even conditional support for his candidacy," the Arizona Republic quotes McCain as saying in a statement. On Friday, a 2005 video was released showing Trump endorsing sexual assault and otherwise speaking lewdly about women.

"Nothing that has happened in the last 48 hours is surprising to me," Politico quotes a statement from Kasich, who says he won't be voting for Trump. And Carly Fiorina is calling for Trump to drop out of the race, the New York Times reports. Trump's running mate, Mike Pence, decried Trump's statements, saying he was unable to defend them. And Trump's replacement on Celebrity Apprentice, Arnold Schwarzenegger, says he won't be voting for a Republican presidential candidate for the first time in 33 years, according to the Hill. But Trump is far from losing all support. [The REALLY, REALLY "deplorables"] Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, and others are still sticking by their endorsements for the time being. And Rep. Joe Heck of Nevada was booed and heckled at an event when he took back his Trump endorsement. Trump has said he will remain in the race.

I have to say I am LOVING watching our resident con whores screaming in terror and wetting their pants because they can't avoid or lie away or evade Trump's HISTORIC exposure as a mentally-ill liar, racist, sexist fraud, conman and abuser.

And another top Republican finally bows to the reality of Trump's disgusting awfulness....

Condoleezza Rice Calls On Donald Trump To Drop Out Of The Race

Too bad its too late to take him off the ballot.

Huffington Post

10/08/2016

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice broke her silence on the presidential election on Saturday and called on Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump to end his campaign.

"Enough! Donald Trump should not be President," she wrote in a Facebook post. "He should withdraw. As a Republican, I hope to support someone who has the dignity and stature to run for the highest office in the greatest democracy on earth."

Rice, who served as secretary of state and national security adviser to former President George W. Bush, is the latest in a growing list of prominent Republicans who have condemned, unendorsed or called on Trump to withdraw from the race within the past 24 hours.

The wave of revolt against the GOP nominee was prompted by a 2005 video The Washington Post released Friday, which shows Trump bragging about groping and kissing women without consent because "when youre a star, they let you do it."

Rice, who is now a professor at Stanford University, has been noticeably quiet this campaign cycle, declining multiple interview requests on national security issues related to the election. Her chief of staff, Georgia Godfrey, did not immediately respond to an email asking if she would vote for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton -- or why she waited to distance herself from Trump until it was too late for the candidate to be removed from the ballot.

As Trump gained momentum in the GOP primary race earlier this year, party strategists reportedly tried, unsuccessfully, to recruit Rice to make an independent bid for president.

Rice said she wasn't interested in serving as Trump's running mate, but phrased her statement in a way to suggest that her lack of interest was related to the job itself, not the man at the top of the ticket.

"Dr. Rice has repeatedly said in past cycles as well as this one, she's not interested in being vice president," Godfrey said in June.

Editors note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims -- 1.6 billion members of an entire religion -- from entering the U.S.