Great ad shows what liars Trump and Pence are

laripu

Great ad shows what liars Trump and Pence are

It's a cliche that all politicians lie. And true, in varying degrees. And if a candidate is sincere; Once in office, realities often prevent campaign promises from coming to fruition. But you would think, shifty politicians would try to to make their lies more effective, by making them hard to disprove

Not so with Trump and Pence. Their numerous lies are so blatant, it's laughable. Problem is, that for a large number of Conservative voters, already in a reactionary fantasyland, those lies are reassuring. They want to be lied to.

It's a cliche that all politicians lie. And true, in varying degrees. And if a candidate is sincere; Once in office, realities often prevent campaign promises from coming to fruition. But you would think, shifty politicians would try to to make their lies more effective, by making them hard to disprove

Yes, all politicians must lie from time to time.

Not shifty: intelligent, with intelligent voters.

If your voters are stupid racist rednecks, it doesn't matter.

Deplorable is the right word.

In the Army, some of the guys I lived and worked with were racist rednecks. I found, while getting to know them, that most were not stupid at all. Often ignorant, unsophisticated and uneducated. But hardly stupid. It's true many would be Trump supporters today. Not because they would necessarily believe his lies. But because he reinforces a false sense of racial and sexual superiority. And because he allays the personal insecurity most redneck types secretly feel.

that most were not stupid at all. Often ignorant, unsophisticated and uneducated. But hardly stupid.

Again, given how normal curves work, almost everyone is stupid except the top 0.01%. (I'm just barely smart enough to know I'm not in or near that rarified group.)

More interesting, everyone even the top 0.01%, are stupid some of the time.

To quote ol' Bob, "We're idiots, babe, it's a wonder we can even feed ourselves."

54DT.gif

Heh heh. To me, stupid means well below average in ability to catch on. Probably in the lower third, or so. That said, people vary enormously in the types of things they comprehend well; And those that they don't. There have been studies showing that Liberals, on average, are more intelligent than Conservatives. At least, as measured by tests, which tend to put more weight on that which is important to those who devised the tests.

I remember a documentary film about anthropologists, studying a remote tribe in Amazonia. They went on a hunt, in the rainforest with the tribesmen. Soon the anthropologists lost their bearings and asked one of the tribesman how they were to get back to the village. He said to just observe the trees and on the way back, make sure you follow the same trees .... Advice impossible to follow for the anthropologists because, after a short while, all the trees looked too much alike, for individuals to stand out in their minds.

Yup.

Again, given how normal curves work, almost everyone is stupid except the top 0.01%. (I'm just barely smart enough to know I'm not in or near that rarified group.)

To quote ol' Bob, "We're idiots, babe, it's a wonder we can even feed ourselves."

54DT.gif

Being smart doesn't mean you don't do stupid things, it just means you don't always have to. Also the more knowledgable you are in one area, the more ignorant you are in many others.

I saw the question about who do you punish regarding abortion, the woman, and Trump with his gut instinct said yeah. But his campaign quickly moved that one back and said the doctors who perform it.

I say, if you punish the doctor, you are punishing the woman! Doesn't anyone remember what happened not so long ago when women either tried to abort on their own, or went to a shady doctor who botched the thing?

Ever read the novel, "The End of the Road", by John Barth - 1958? It's a realistic reality that played out all across the land for years and years.

You want to reduce abortion, I'm down with that, that's a great idea. It calls for education of young women, and yes, especially young men. It's called education, that's the only way you make it happen!

Peace!