Charlotte PD MUST release the Dash and Body cams!!!

Going on a week of tense speculation, which led to riots, injuries, deaths, communities destroyed...

What the hell are they waiting for? Releasing the body cam and dash cams footage will conclusively tell us why that man was shot. Was his wife screaming- "Don't you do it, don't you do it, Keith!!", telling her husband to put gun down, OR WHAT?! The public needs to know. Let Charlotte heal. Let the truth prevail and law take it's proper course...

I believe the cops on this one, the man was brandishing a weapon and was an imminent threat. But it would be nice to SEE what really happened. I spent time in Charlotte and Fayetteville, North Carolina in the 80's. Such a beautiful state, salt of the earth people. Such a shame!

Going on a week of tense speculation, which led to riots, injuries, deaths, communities destroyed...

What the hell are they waiting for? Releasing the body cam and dash cams footage will conclusively tell us why that man was shot. Was his wife screaming- "Don't you do it, don't you do it, Keith!!", telling her husband to put gun down, OR WHAT?! The public needs to know. Let Charlotte heal. Let the truth prevail and law take it's proper course...

I believe the cops on this one, the man was brandishing a weapon and was an imminent threat. But it would be nice to SEE what really happened. I spent time in Charlotte and Fayetteville, North Carolina in the 80's. Such a beautiful state, salt of the earth people. Such a shame!

It hasn't been a week..

And they are interviewing witnesses before releasing the tapes...

That way the witnesses won't be tainted by something on tape....

The PD is doing it right........

It sounds and appears that the Charlotte PD warned Keith Scott a dozen times to DROP THE GUN, maybe his Traumatic Skull Injury took over and he flipped his noodle...

But why couldn't PD taze him instead of using Deadly Force, or at the most, shoot him in his leg, instead of ending the obviously disturbed mans life?

It sounds and appears that the Charlotte PD warned Keith Scott a dozen times to DROP THE GUN, maybe his Traumatic Skull Injury took over and he flipped his noodle...

But why couldn't PD taze him instead of using Deadly Force, or at the most, shoot him in his leg, instead of ending the obviously disturbed mans life?

I've offered wondered why they can't shoot someone on the leg too....

Yes, instead of killing the guy, theres other alternatives... Taser him, shoot him non-lethally, rubber bullets. The police are often TOO trigger happy. Causing horrible looting, rioting, destruction... all UNjustified if you ask me. Why destroy your own community and neighborhoods, EVER? It only makes everything WORSE, and fuels the worst stereotypes about blacks...

I can understand marching, civilized protesting, etc... But destroying where you live is SAVAGE and STUPID. You didn't see whites looting and pillaging in L.A. when the obvious double-murderer O.J. Simpson was found not guilty, a horribly reverse-racist decision, thanks to Johnnie Cockroach and co-horts...

Rioting and destruction never help.

I agree ZO9, the cops need to thorougly examine the tapes and protect all witnesses, but the longer it takes to make the tapes public,the longer the unrest.

Certainly African-Americans are justified to be angry as hell about white cops gunning them down so frequently...

But more often it's by African-American LEO's, not just whites.

And destroying their own communities and their own businesses is SENSELESS, before we know the whole truth...

I've offered wondered why they can't shoot someone on the leg too....

Because of a few reasons. Easier to miss. The bad guy can still shoot you. They're not trained to shoot at limbs. You could miss and kill someone down the street. And they only shoot if deadly force is required. If it's not required NEVER shoot someone. They can easily die from a leg shot.

Because of a few reasons. Easier to miss. The bad guy can still shoot you. They're not trained to shoot at limbs. You could miss and kill someone down the street. And they only shoot if deadly force is required. If it's not required NEVER shoot someone. They can easily die from a leg shot.

This. Really frustrating to see people continually wonder why they don't shoot for the leg. Sorry, but I know what I'm doing if I ever need to shoot someone. It's just common sense. End the threat.

Theres another widow now, 7 kids lost their dad, grandkids lost their grandpa...

Certainly they could have avoided killing the man. He was WAY outnumbered by the cops. But if he got out of vehicle holding and/or pointing the gun at cops,that changes the scenario...

We need to see what the cops were seeing. I still say they didnt have to kill him...

Unless it's a zombie. Shooting center mass has no effect. Go for the head shot.

Theres another widow now, 7 kids lost their dad, grandkids lost their grandpa...

Certainly they could have avoided killing the man. He was WAY outnumbered by the cops. But if he got out of vehicle holding and/or pointing the gun at cops,that changes the scenario...

We need to see what the cops were seeing. I still say they didnt have to kill him...

Grandpa LOL he was 43. They were yelling for him to drop the gun. Where do you think he was holding it in his mouth?

I SAY YOU ARE A DUMB FUCK,ITS SAD THE MAN DIED...ITS HIS OWN DAMN FAULT....ITS REALLY NOT HARD TO PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL AND DO WHAT THEY SAY....LIBERALS ARE TOO IGNORANT TO DO THAT...

a564082d682faa9356900529c43d01bce1934f72

The dash and body cams tapes will reveal the whole truth. The cops were not making it up when they gave him umpteen chances to DROP THE GUN...

Then we'll know what the wife meant when she was telling her soon to be dead hubbie, DON'T DO IT KEITH, DON'T YOU DO IT!! Sounds like she knew he was a nutcase, and probably lied about him NOT having a gun...

This shooting was more than likely justified...

The dash and body cams tapes will reveal the whole truth. The cops were not making it up when they gave him umpteen chances to DROP THE GUN...

Then we'll know what the wife meant when she was telling her soon to be dead hubbie, DON'T DO IT KEITH, DON'T YOU DO IT!! Sounds like she knew he was a nutcase, and probably lied about him NOT having a gun...

This shooting was more than likely justified...

I heard them say "put the gun down" and there's photos of a gun on the ground..

Sounds like it was justified

A convicted felon that spent time jail for shooting someone else has a loaded gun that he refused to put down after being told to put it down....

Does anyone really blame the police?

Don't they have a right to protect themselves?

This shooting appears justified.....And because the cop was black we can keep the "race card" out of this one ...

Sorry liberals.....You have no where to go

And they weren't even there for Scott in the first friggin place. All this bullshit about planting the gun, they fuckedup,they shot another unarmed black man...

Bullshit. For him to get shot, he had to give them cause...

Tired of every shooting causing riots and savage behavior... Of course there has been wrongful shootings and trigger-happy cops. But its not that sinister scenario every damn time. Enough already. Scott had mental problems and priors. He was a threat, thats it.