Charlotte Erupts! Police fatally shoot black man, sparking protest

drvoke

'Open carry' meets law enforcement.

gun-pow1.jpg

How do you like your 'open carry' now, cons?

If you get out of a vehicle with a gun to encounter law enforcement, consider yourself a dead man. I would have shot him too.

If you think a cop is going to wait to see if they point a gun at them, you are one deluded mfer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/charlotte-police-shooting_us_57e1c953e4b0e80b1b9efd69?section=&&

(Full article at above link)

Police in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Tuesday fatally shot a black man they said was armed as they were searching for someone else. The shooting sparked violent protests that injured more than 12 officers after some witnesses said the victim, 43-year-old Keith Lamont Scott, was unarmed.

Police and several bystanders at the scene had starkly different accounts of what happened. Witnesses, including members of Scott’s family, characterized the shooting as unprovoked and said Scott had a disability and was holding a book while waiting for his son; police say he was armed and posed a threat.

“He exited the vehicle armed with a handgun as the officers continued to yell at him to drop it,” Charlotte Police Chief Kerr Putney said in a news conference Wednesday. “He stepped out, posing a threat to officers.”

Putney said an officer, identified as Brentley Vinson, then shot Scott.

He said police recovered a handgun and no book. North Carolina law allows for the “open carry” of handguns.

Putney added, “I don’t know that [scott] definitively pointed a weapon specifically toward an officer.”

Police had said officers gave “loud, clear verbal commands which were also heard by many of the witnesses” to Scott and that he had re-entered his vehicle and exited again still holding the gun.

The killing unleashed a wave of anger, with hundreds of people converging at the shooting scene and chanting anthems that decried police violence. More than a dozen officers and several members of the press were injured as rocks and bottles were thrown. Police blamed “agitators” who joined the protesters for destroying marked patrol cruisers.

Police said Civil Emergency Unit vehicles were sent to remove officers whose vehicles had been surrounded by protesters.

Overnight, the protesters moved onto I-85, blocked traffic and threw rocks at passing vehicles, WBTV reported.

The demonstrators also set a fire on the interstate after allegedly stealing cargo from a truck that was carrying auto parts. The unidentified driver told WSOC-TV that she feared for her life.

Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts urged residents to remain calm.

“The police just shot my daddy four times for being black,” the woman said.

Pointing a gun at cops isn't open carry.

He DID NOT point a gun at the officer. He was shot because he was carrying a gun. Again, I would have shot him too. Police officers are not obliged to wait until someone points a gun at them. Sheesh!

He DID NOT point a gun at the officer. He was shot because he was carrying a gun. Again, I would have shot him too. Police officers are not obliged to wait until someone points a gun at them. Sheesh!

Having a gun in hand is not open carry. He pointed it at them or at least was raising it to. You know he did.

Having a gun in hand is not open carry. He pointed it at them or at least was raising it to. You know he did.

Not from the accounts I read. I guess we will have to wait for the results of investigation for a concrete answer. But that is not the point. If you get out of your vehicle with a gun and approach a police officer, you will be shot - and justifiably so. This slippery slope bullshit has got to stop. What's next, an officer can only shoot to return fire? Clueless.

Not from the accounts I read. I guess we will have to wait for the results of investigation for a concrete answer. But that is not the point. If you get out of your vehicle with a gun and approach a police officer, you will be shot - and justifiably so. This slippery slope bullshit has got to stop. What's next, an officer can only shoot to return fire? Clueless.

I agree. Plus his time was up. He was 43. That's old for a black male. That's like 103 in white years.

Who gives a fuck if the cop was black , so if a black cop shoots a black citizen and deplorable white Americans cheer its okay !!!!! Holy fuck you cons have some twisted logic . Let me make this clear / A BLACK COP SHOOTING A BLACK CITIZEN WITHOUT CAUSE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF SYSTEMIC RACISM .

Who gives a fuck if the cop was black , so if a black cop shoots a black citizen and deplorable white Americans cheer its okay !!!!! Holy fuck you cons have some twisted logic . Let me make this clear / A BLACK COP SHOOTING A BLACK CITIZEN WITHOUT CAUSE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF SYSTEMIC RACISM .

Someone not complying would be cause.

Black lives matter unless you're a cop.

Right dumbass?

Liberals want a race war.

The only people cheering are on your side. Blacks are pawns to you people. You use them and make them suffer.

The only people cheering are on your side. Blacks are pawns to you people. You use them and make them suffer.

You said in an earlier post that the victim was 43 so his time is up blah blah blah that's 103 in white years ? and then you say blacks are pawns to liberals while being openly racist ? Are you drunk & stupid or trying to prove how bad public schools are in red states.

Let me make this clear / A BLACK COP SHOOTING A BLACK CITIZEN WITHOUT CAUSE IS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF SYSTEMIC RACISM .

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/NC-TV-station-Source-Dash-cam-video-shows-man-shot-by-police-coming-at-them-with-handgun-394340031.html

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (KWCH) A Charlotte, North Carolina news station says it has confirmed with sources that there is dash camera video that shows Keith Scott getting out of a car and coming at police officers with a gun in his hand.

… snip …

Chief Kerr Putney said Scott posed a threat because officers saw him exit a vehicle twice with a the gun and didn't drop it when police ordered him to do so.

You do that and you're going to get shot ... black or white.

And police are trained to shoot center of mass.

So there's a good chance you may die.