Edward Snowden is the perfect candidate for a presidential pardon

untitled

Please explain why he should be pardoned....

He tried to expose security problems where he was working and was ignored. He gave some information to the Washington Post and they received a Pulitzer for the story. Because of Snowden we are not publicly talking about the depth of the US government spying on its citizens.

From the US Department of Justice site...under reason for seeking a pardon:

"...you should bear in mind that a presidential pardon is ordinarily a sign of forgiveness and is granted in recognition of the applicant's acceptance of responsibility for the crime and established good conduct for a significant period of time after conviction or release from confinement. A pardon is not a sign of vindication and does not connote or establish innocence. For that reason, when considering the merits of a pardon petition, pardon officials take into account the petitioner's acceptance of responsibility, remorse, and atonement for the offense."

Absolutely Snowden is a hero that had the guts to reveal lots of government misbehavior to the voters. He should be honored as most whistle blowers should be.

Set the man free!!!!

Absolutely Snowden is a hero that had the guts to reveal lots of government misbehavior to the voters. He should be honored as most whistle blowers should be.

Set the man free!!!!

Many journalists have pointed out that Obama has been a leader in prosecuting whistle blowers. Bad record.

Many journalists have pointed out that Obama has been a leader in prosecuting whistle blowers. Bad record.

I did not vote Obama because he seemed like the Clintons ....... way too far right. And initially he was consulting former Clinton cabinet

people prior to getting elected. I am now convinced Obama is a Democratic Leadership Council person like the Clintons..... aka Koch puppets.

I did not vote Obama because he seemed like the Clintons ....... way too far right. And initially he was consulting former Clinton cabinet

people prior to getting elected. I am now convinced Obama is a Democratic Leadership Council person like the Clintons..... aka Koch puppets.

Agree. I voted for him first term, did not vote at all second term. He's definitely a DLC type.