Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bludog

I'm Not Holding My Breath But ....

Hillary needs to drop out of the race so that Bernie Sanders/Joe Biden can defeat Trump. If not, there's a good chance we'll end up with a fascist dictator, heedless of congress and prone to nuclear war.

It's not even that Trump is waging a strong campaign. It's more that Hillary is such a weak candidate. From her ineffective presentations and speeches to her questionable health and time missed from campaigning, to her high public distrust .... All these taken together make Hillary the wrong candidate for 2016.

In her public appearances, Hillary is looking increasingly feeble. And her eccentric Nehru outfits do not help her image. Most Americans don't relate.

rexfeatures_5647873b-xlarge_trans++TRCMp

Hillary started off with impressively high polling results against Trump and they have steadily dwindled. It was Hillary's to lose, and she's losing it. Trump is gaining by default.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/17/48-of-democratic-voters-say-bernie-sanders-should-/

- snip -

“It’s not too late for Bernie to save the Democratic Party. If Democrats truly want to win, they’ll rally around Bernie Sanders before Election Day,” declares H.A. Goodman, a contributor to the Huffington Post. “If Hillary Clinton cares about the future of this country, she’ll hand the nomination to Vermont’s senator.”

- snip -

- snip -

By Jennifer Harper - The Washington Times - Saturday, September 17, 2016

“Suppose the unthinkable took place, and Hillary Clinton was forced for health reasons to step down as the Democratic presidential nominee. Who do Democrats think should take her place?” asks a new Rasmussen Reports poll.

Looks like a certain Vermont independent has the edge.

The survey found that 48 percent of likely Democratic voters said that Sen. Bernie Sanders, once Mrs. Clinton’s primary rival, should be their party’s nominee if she was unable to remain in the race. Another 22 percent named Vice President Joe Biden, while only 14 percent gave the nod to Sen. Tim Kaine, the current Democratic vice presidential candidate. Nine percent thought the replacement should be “someone else”.

Among all likely voters, it’s a closer contest, the poll found. Thirty-six percent choose Mr. Sanders, 20 percent opted for Mr Biden and 14 percent Mr. Kaine. But over a fifth think the replacement should be someone else.

Mrs. Clinton was under distress during a 9/11 observance in New York City almost a week ago and was forced off the campaign trail until Thursday. Her personal doctor revealed the candidate had pneumonia. Within hours, the media explored the possibility that Mrs. Clinton might drop out of the race. NPR correspondent Cokie Roberts suggested that a Kaine/Biden match up would make an ideal new ticket.

- snip -

I often wonder if Trump realizes how much personal freedom he's giving up to be POTUS. Everything he does will be scrutinized by the world.

I agree with bludog's post entirely. I've always felt that Hillary was a weak candidate. She certainly has the credentials; it's not that. The American voters simply don't like or trust her. And now her health issues are making her poll numbers even worse. However I don't think there's any way in hell she'd ever step down. She desperately wants to be the first female president. Imho, she would have to be removed as a candidate.

I'd happily cast my vote for Joe Biden or (of course) Bernie.

Bludog, I can't believe you posted this...

I was kind of thinking the same thing the other day. But the world and politics are funny funny things. If Bernie was there where Hillary is now, you bet there would be a great big smear calling him a communist.

They are all old.Too old. Youth is the bloom, the blossom flower.

Trump got ? I saw bits and pieces of the latest nonsense regarding his taking back of the birther shit where he paraded these old vets - who knows where he found them. The right still push for him. The right still erodes the truth about Bush II.

All this white noise and nobody is talking about what needs to actually be done. At least Hillary is aware of what needs to be done. Yet, it's not courage alone you need when you get there. You find even Obama had to go back and think about what made the most pragmatic sense, the pragma tatta dance that they decide must be danced... when you look at the schematics

Peace!

If Bernie was there where Hillary is now, you bet there would be a great big smear calling him a communist.

But Bernie is capable of fighting back more effectively. Hillary has had a hard time getting much air space compared to Trump. She just doesn't attract attention. Bernie would attract publicity. Calling him a Communist might even work to his benefit, IMO.

They are all old.Too old. Youth is the bloom, the blossom flower.

They're ALL old this season. Trump, 70 is older than Hillary, 68. Biden is 73. And Bernie is 75, but vigorous.

I wouldn't be adverse to Biden for pres with Bernie or Tim Kaine for VP. Ostensibly, Elizabeth Warren is still unavailable for either P. or V.P.

But Bludog,

don't you at least a wee bit sense what is missing most here even just a smidgen? Yes, Bernie, I do think was correct, but he was not that good at explaining, yet he did stay on point. What is the point, is what I mean to suggest?

Warren stays on point, but she ain't that good at explaining much either, not in real terminology - yeah, I know she is a professor and all. Seems like a revolving door, hint, hint. We've all seen it again and again, till we're quite sick.

It's called inertia for starters. Everybody seems to draw on memory, a host of forgettenness / well sort of, sort of sort of. We look for integrity in leadership which seems like the best prospect and in today's world that's still a good choice.

The problem is we have much less choice than we think we got. Warren the professor knows. Bernie knows this. Joe knows this knew this a long time ago too just like Bernie. The young people need to know this now, and soon, right quick, I think.

Peace!

What appears to be slipping away, OldBarn, is a way to prevent a probable fascist takeover by a ruthless sociopath. Trump is dangerous, for our Nation and the entire world. Hillary is losing ground to him. Trump is not very popular and alienates large numbers of voters, including Republicans. But despite all his, often ridiculous antics, Hillary is steadily losing ground to him in the polls.

Warren, Biden or Sanders would hardly be sure bets against Trump. But they might at least stand a better chance than Hillary of defeating him in November. It is beginning to look as though Hillary will lose. Trump cannot be given a clear path to power.

It's probably all hypothetical anyway, since, barring physical necessity, Hillary is unlikely to give up.

Trump will not win.

Calls for Clinton to step down show a lack of courage. Instead of whining, help. Volunteer or donate.

Is there even a constitutional mechanism for someone else to get on the ballot in all 50 states? Haven't the deadlines passed?

There must be a way. Presumably, if Hillary was unable to continue, Kaine would assume her role. He would then need a VP running mate.

Instead of whining, help. Volunteer or donate.

Arrogant and unhelpful advice coming from one doesn't even know the status of his target.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2016/09/08/new-qpolls-oh-and-fl-tied-hillary-slightly-ahead-in-pa-nc-n2215811

Slipping: New Polling Shows Hillary Losing Ground In Key States
|
Posted: Sep 08, 2016 5:05 PM
Part of the reason that lefties are so angry with Matt Lauer is that they're developing mild flop sweat, and lashing out. Hillary Clinton was supposed to be running away with this election by now, but her gaping self-inflicted wounds and Trump's slightly more disciplined style have combined to significantly tighten the contest over the last three weeks. Not only are the national polls hovering in margin-of-error territory, battleground surveys are also reflecting a closer race. The latest numbers from Quinnipiac:

Another thing: if you look at electoral-vote.com you'll find that the current status of the race based in polls is: Clinton 274, Tied 6, Trump 258. In other words, she's ahead, and winning, since it takes 270 electoral college votes to win.

Moreover, look at this date in 2008. On this date in 2008, the polls showed Obama 243, Tied 21, McCain 274.

And what you should take from that, is that nothing is guaranteed, that you have to work for whatever you get. Defeatist talk, abandoning your candidate ... well that's a sure way to lose.

Campaigning for HRC will be: WJC, Michelle Obama, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren and even Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Have courage.

You people are a perfect example of "faint of heart". Buck up. Put out lawn signs. Go out in the world and talk up your candidate.

In 2008, I was enthusiastic about Obama as the Democratic candidate. He was someone I could wholeheartedly support. That is not the case now.

Trump will not win.

Calls for Clinton to step down show a lack of courage. Instead of whining, help. Volunteer or donate.

That's the problem. Too many (myself included) will not vote for Clinton. I won't volunteer (and certainly will not donate) to a candidate I don't like or trust. I'm not a Democrat, so there's no party loyalty on my part.

Is there even a constitutional mechanism for someone else to get on the ballot in all 50 states? Haven't the deadlines passed?

I've hunted high and low and haven't been able to find anything. There's definitely no precedent.

We've had Clinton/Bush for 25 - 30 years, the public is tired of the same ole stuff.

R's promising to keep up the investigations of Clintons as far into the future as possible.

Time for some new exciting leadership, some representative government for most of the people of this country,

Bernie is the only one that accomplished that this year.

Hillary has too much baggage,

Trump, cashing in on anger/hate,

Neither of them are fit to be the leader of this country

Gawd, we hit the bottom very quickly.

Warren, Biden or Sanders would hardly be sure bets against Trump. But they might at least stand a better chance than Hillary of defeating him in November. It is beginning to look as though Hillary will lose. Trump cannot be given a clear path to power.

It's probably all hypothetical anyway, since, barring physical necessity, Hillary is unlikely to give up.

I tend to feel that Warren, Biden, or Sanders would destroy Trump in a general election. I don't think it would even be close.

I tend to feel that Warren, Biden, or Sanders would destroy Trump in a general election. I don't think it would even be close.

I think you are right on point.

I have Zero confidence in either of these two candidates to be leaders.

I think you are right on point.

I have Zero confidence in either of these two candidates to be leaders.

I do admit that I may be speaking from a regional perspective. I grew up in northern Vermont, not far from where Bernie now lives. Although I now live in a nearby state (Maine), the mindset is much the same. People up this way can't stand Hillary Clinton. Some are voting for her...but ONLY because they don't want Trump in office. They're not happy about it. Many others are so fed up they're considering staying home. Hell, even the 3rd party candidates are a trainwreck. This shouldn't be happening. In my area, people are pouring their time (and donations) into local candidates and taking a "let the chips fall where they may" attitude with national politics. It's sad, really.

I do admit that I may be speaking from a regional perspective. I grew up in northern Vermont, not far from where Bernie now lives. Although I now live in a nearby state (Maine), the mindset is much the same. People up this way can't stand Hillary Clinton. Some are voting for her...but ONLY because they don't want Trump in office. They're not happy about it. Many others are so fed up they're considering staying home. Hell, even the 3rd party candidates are a trainwreck. This shouldn't be happening. In my area, people are pouring their time (and donations) into local candidates and taking a "let the chips fall where they may" attitude with national politics. It sad, really.

I am one of a small number of registered Democrats here in Southern Utah. I do not like Hillary's personality, her secretiveness, her sense of entitlement, or her past record of collusion with Big Money. I will vote for her anyway, considering the alternative.

It's hard to tell how the vote will go here. Many Mormons, despite being conservative, don't like Trump.

I am one of a small number of registered Democrats here in Southern Utah. I do not like Hillary's personality, her secretiveness, her sense of entitlement, or her past record of collusion with Big Money. I will vote for her anyway, considering the alternative.

It's hard to tell how the vote will go here. Many Mormons, despite being conservative, don't like Trump.

I definitely understand and respect your stance, bludog. Many of my friends are taking that stance, too. However they all do admit that they would much rather have a candidate that they could get excited about. I'm guessing you can relate....

This feeling is, of course, compounded by the fact that soooo many were absolutely thrilled about the possibility of Bernie making it to the White House. We've seen what he's been able to do for Burlington, VT as well as the entire region. It was a major letdown.

Your state is interesting. Typically a solid red state, Utah may have more Democratic votes this year due to dislike for Trump. Other typically blue states could go red due to dislike for Hillary. Neither candidate is considered "honest" or "trustworthy" in any poll. For me, national politics has become totally frustrating. I'm focusing on local politics this time around....for my own sanity. :lol:

To say I am not excited about Hillary understates the case. Her personality rubs me the wrong way. It would be hard to accept her as president. And then there are the negative substantive issues. The fact that she served eight years as "co-president" and is now running for more, is hard to swallow.

Yet, I can still picture her as president. Not so Trump. And, unlike Trump, it's possible that she might support positive legislation.

The debates are fast approaching. They will reveal much more about this race.

Fear:

Hillary needs to drop out of the race so that Bernie Sanders/Joe Biden can defeat Trump. If not, there's a good chance we'll end up with a fascist dictator, heedless of congress and prone to nuclear war.

Reality:

If you look at electoral-vote.com you'll find that the current status of the race based in polls is: Clinton 274, Tied 6, Trump 258. In other words, she's ahead, and winning, since it takes 270 electoral college votes to win.

Moreover, look at this date in 2008. On this date in 2008, the polls showed Obama 243, Tied 21, McCain 274.

On this date in 2008, Obama was behind McCain. Yet Obama won big time.

Clinton is in a much better position. Her chances are much better than Obama's were.

Nothing is guaranteed. Trump might win. Clinton might win. If you want Trump to lose, your only choice is that Clinton wins.

Her intelligence and experience makes it probable that she'll be a reasonable president. Not as liberal as you'd want, and not as conservative as (say) Colin Powell might want. But reasonable.

Trump, by all indications, would not only not be reasonable, but rather dangerous.

Your dreams for the future might be delayed under Clinton ... or destroyed under Trump.

I believe that Clinton will win.

If you are not afraid she will lose, why are you so concerned that her support is diminishing?

If you are not afraid she will lose, why are you so concerned that her support is diminishing?

Because as I wrote "nothing is guaranteed".