Trump has his own 50% comment

Cadman

Despite Trump's purported outrage over the Clinton remark, the mogul has engaged in his own demonization of Americans that has echoed the "47 percent" comment that landed Mitt Romney in trouble during the 2012 campaign. More than once, the reality television celebrity has dismissed tens of millions of Americans—up to half of all Americans—as shiftless people with no desire to work. During a June 2015 interview on Fox News with Sean Hannity, Trump declared:

"The problem we have right now—we have a society that sits back and says we don't have to do anything. Eventually, the 50 percent cannot carry—and it's unfair to them—but cannot carry the other 50 percent." - Donald trump

"We have a tremendous amount of people in this country that don't want to work. They have no inclination to work." - Donald trump

"You do have a large percentage of people not paying taxes.

"You do have a large percentage of people that feel they're entitled." - Donald trump

"you can't lead this nation if you have such a low opinion of its citizens." - Donald trump

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/trump-dismisses-50-percent-america-deplorables

Despite Trump's purported outrage over the Clinton remark, the mogul has engaged in his own demonization of Americans that has echoed the "47 percent" comment that landed Mitt Romney in trouble during the 2012 campaign. More than once, the reality television celebrity has dismissed tens of millions of Americans—up to half of all Americans—as shiftless people with no desire to work. During a June 2015 interview on Fox News with Sean Hannity, Trump declared:

"The problem we have right now—we have a society that sits back and says we don't have to do anything. Eventually, the 50 percent cannot carry—and it's unfair to them—but cannot carry the other 50 percent." - Donald trump

"We have a tremendous amount of people in this country that don't want to work. They have no inclination to work." - Donald trump

"You do have a large percentage of people that feel they're entitled." - Donald trump

"you can't lead this nation if you have such a low opinion of its citizens." - Donald trump

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/trump-dismisses-50-percent-america-deplorables

Everything in those comments are actually true...

Everything in those comments are actually true...

So were Hillary's......and Trump himself is a deplorable racist......so what can his supporters be ???

Do you believe this is true also ???

I think that one of them is Donald J Trump. Jr.

He felt he was entitled to tax breaks and other favors from the City and State of New York

So yeah, Trump is (a) right and (B) a bigger part of this problem than any welfare mother of three.

Her comments were more damaging to her than I thought.

Yes it is amazing that she is held to a higher standard than Trump, he gets away with saying anything.......

I guess his base goes right along with his deplorable comments, it must be higher than half for him not to plummet....

That's your rightwingnut fantasy.....in reality, most Americans just nodded in agreement with her. They have seen and heard T'Rump and his supporters being racist, sexist, prejudiced, homophobic, Islamophic, bigoted asswipes for many months now.

The only people offended by her remarks are you racist bigots who can't stand being correctly labeled.

That's your rightwingnut fantasy.....in reality, most Americans just nodded in agreement with her. They have seen and heard T'Rump and his supporters being racist, sexist, prejudiced, homophobic, Islamophic, bigoted asswipes for many months now.

The only people offended by her remarks are you racist bigots who can't stand being correctly labeled.

Why would a true racist wear as much as anything but a badge of honor?

On a scale of 1-10, where 0 is not damaging at all, how damaging did you think they were?

How damaging are they really? And how do you know this?

How can you compare things with no way to measure them?

I measure damage by the amount of protesting and excuses.

I measure damage by the amount of protesting and excuses.

How many was that?

This would require you to project how many protests and excuses there MIGHT HAVE BEEN had the remark never been made

(which is impossible).

Or speculation about how many protests and excuses you expected as compared with the actual number.

I suggest that your original statement was based on emotion and not actual measurable facts.

I shall continue to hold this belief until you produce some numbers.

Why would a true racist wear as much as anything but a badge of honor?

And the nuttyretard once again tries to claim that he and many T'Rump supporters can't actually be racist because they are offended by being (correctly) labeled as racists and "true racists" would consider being called racist "a badge of honor". LOLOLOLOL.

In the real world....

Julian Bond: Racists Dont Like Being Called Racists

By Guest Contributor - Julian Bond

Politic365

May 21, 2013

Julian8.jpg

I have always suspected that racists didnt like being called out for their racism. Now I have proof.

When I told MSNBCs Thomas Roberts on May 14 that the Tea Party was the "Taliban wing of American politics," a firestorm erupted. Arguing the IRS was correct to target them for extra scrutiny, I also said "Here are a group of people who are admittedly racist, who are overtly political" and therefore worthy of IRS concern.

I was not prepared for the slew of angry emails, including two from self-identified Black people (your worst nightmare, one said) I received. Many of them suggested I leave the country, reminiscent of the "Go back to Africa" chants racist crowds of Whites shouted at Black protestors in my youth.

One said my advanced age -- I am 73 -- meant I would not be around to make such mischief much longer, and I should prepare for that quick eventuality.

A few suggested my employer fire me, not knowing that I retired from that job a year ago. Several of the messages were badly written with misspelled words, including one from a relative by marriage -- you cant choose your in-laws -- reading "Your calling folks Talabans borders on Traitorism."

This same correspondent noted I had been "head of the most classic Racist group in our country," referring to the NAACP, whose board I chaired for 11 years. Others characterized the NAACP, the nations oldest civil rights group, interracial in membership and dedicated to racial integration since 1909, in the same way.

After an exchange of messages with some of them, trying to convince them that while I opposed it, I didnt condemn every member of the Tea Party, the interactions became more civil and less hostile. Some even wished me well.

But to a person they rejected the labels "racism" and "racist," even as I thought I had proved that the Tea Party has had racist, anti-Semitic and nativist elements from its beginning until today.

One source is a study conducted for the NAACP by the Institute for Research and Education for Human Rights. Their study, called Tea Party Nationalism, found "Tea Party ranks to be permeated with concerns about race and national identify and other so-called social issues. In these ranks, an abiding obsession with Barack Obamas birth certificate is often a stand-in for the belief that the first black president of the United States is not a 'real American.'."

It says Tea Party organizations have given platforms to anti-Semites, racists and bigots and "hard-core white nationalists have been attracted" to Tea Party protests.

The link between the Tea Party and the Taliban was made by a prominent Republican office holder.

In 2008, the Washington Post reported that former chairman of the Republican Congressional Committee and present day Congressman Pete Sessions likened the GOP House minority to the Taliban, saying, "Insurgency, we understand perhaps a bit more because of the Taliban."

Just as my arguments failed to convince my correspondents, so apparently does the actual evidence.

Not the ugly racist signs and placards displayed at Tea Party rallies, not the shouts of the "n" word aimed at members of the Congressional Black Caucus, not the spittle hurled at civil rights icon and Congressman John Lewis, not the racists expelled from the Tea Party for their venom, not the association of many members with the Council of Conservative Citizens, a lineal descendant of the White Citizen Council, not the anti-gay slurs aimed at former Congressman Barney Frank (d-Mass.), not the members whose racism, anti-Semitism and xenophobia should be an embarrassment -- not all or any of this could get them to acknowledge the label "racist."

My Black correspondents even claimed that their race prohibited them from being racists, as if skin color was a proscription against ignorance. And many of my presumably non-Black correspondents accused me of being a racist, so my race apparently offered me no protection from this evil.

What is the lesson here?

That the label "racist" has become so toxic almost everyone rejects it? That the toxicity makes the label unacceptable but its actual practice is still tolerable for many?

Or that it is a defense against itself? As the relative-I-try-not-to-claim wrote, "I dont know any white people who hate blacks like you advocate blacks should hate whites."

Or only that while the United States has made much progress in race relations, we still have a long, long way to go?

Julian Bond is Chairman Emeritus of the NAACP and a Professor at American University in Washington.

And the nuttyretard once again tries to claim that he and many T'Rump supporters can't actually be racist because they are offended by being (correctly) labeled as racists and "true racists" would consider being called racist "a badge of honor". LOLOLOLOL.

In the real world....

Julian Bond: Racists Dont Like Being Called Racists

By Guest Contributor - Julian Bond

Politic365

May 21, 2013

Julian8.jpg

I have always suspected that racists didnt like being called out for their racism. Now I have proof.

When I told MSNBCs Thomas Roberts on May 14 that the Tea Party was the "Taliban wing of American politics," a firestorm erupted. Arguing the IRS was correct to target them for extra scrutiny, I also said "Here are a group of people who are admittedly racist, who are overtly political" and therefore worthy of IRS concern.

I was not prepared for the slew of angry emails, including two from self-identified Black people (your worst nightmare, one said) I received. Many of them suggested I leave the country, reminiscent of the "Go back to Africa" chants racist crowds of Whites shouted at Black protestors in my youth.

One said my advanced age -- I am 73 -- meant I would not be around to make such mischief much longer, and I should prepare for that quick eventuality.

A few suggested my employer fire me, not knowing that I retired from that job a year ago. Several of the messages were badly written with misspelled words, including one from a relative by marriage -- you cant choose your in-laws -- reading "Your calling folks Talabans borders on Traitorism."

This same correspondent noted I had been "head of the most classic Racist group in our country," referring to the NAACP, whose board I chaired for 11 years. Others characterized the NAACP, the nations oldest civil rights group, interracial in membership and dedicated to racial integration since 1909, in the same way.

After an exchange of messages with some of them, trying to convince them that while I opposed it, I didnt condemn every member of the Tea Party, the interactions became more civil and less hostile. Some even wished me well.

But to a person they rejected the labels "racism" and "racist," even as I thought I had proved that the Tea Party has had racist, anti-Semitic and nativist elements from its beginning until today.

One source is a study conducted for the NAACP by the Institute for Research and Education for Human Rights. Their study, called Tea Party Nationalism, found "Tea Party ranks to be permeated with concerns about race and national identify and other so-called social issues. In these ranks, an abiding obsession with Barack Obamas birth certificate is often a stand-in for the belief that the first black president of the United States is not a 'real American.'."

It says Tea Party organizations have given platforms to anti-Semites, racists and bigots and "hard-core white nationalists have been attracted" to Tea Party protests.

The link between the Tea Party and the Taliban was made by a prominent Republican office holder.

In 2008, the Washington Post reported that former chairman of the Republican Congressional Committee and present day Congressman Pete Sessions likened the GOP House minority to the Taliban, saying, "Insurgency, we understand perhaps a bit more because of the Taliban."

Just as my arguments failed to convince my correspondents, so apparently does the actual evidence.

Not the ugly racist signs and placards displayed at Tea Party rallies, not the shouts of the "n" word aimed at members of the Congressional Black Caucus, not the spittle hurled at civil rights icon and Congressman John Lewis, not the racists expelled from the Tea Party for their venom, not the association of many members with the Council of Conservative Citizens, a lineal descendant of the White Citizen Council, not the anti-gay slurs aimed at former Congressman Barney Frank (d-Mass.), not the members whose racism, anti-Semitism and xenophobia should be an embarrassment -- not all or any of this could get them to acknowledge the label "racist."

My Black correspondents even claimed that their race prohibited them from being racists, as if skin color was a proscription against ignorance. And many of my presumably non-Black correspondents accused me of being a racist, so my race apparently offered me no protection from this evil.

What is the lesson here?

That the label "racist" has become so toxic almost everyone rejects it? That the toxicity makes the label unacceptable but its actual practice is still tolerable for many?

Or that it is a defense against itself? As the relative-I-try-not-to-claim wrote, "I dont know any white people who hate blacks like you advocate blacks should hate whites."

Or only that while the United States has made much progress in race relations, we still have a long, long way to go?

Julian Bond is Chairman Emeritus of the NAACP and a Professor at American University in Washington.

I don't give a shit about what Bond has to say. A racist has no problem tell you EXACTLY what they think about minorities. Just ask Robert Byrd.

Oh what....check that.

Yes it is amazing that she is held to a higher standard than Trump, he gets away with saying anything.......

I guess his base goes right along with his deplorable comments, it must be higher than half for him not to plummet....

lol... as if the media or you morons hold her to ANY standard at all.

As if a rightwingnut retard like you was even capable of comprehending what 'standards' means to normal Americans, GrovelingBastard.

I don't give a shit about what Bond has to say.

Better watch out, nuttyretard....after all, he does have a 'license to kill'!