VA vs Private Health Care

TRIGGER WARNING TO CONS! This post contains facts and links.

By 2000, patients in the VA system were more likely than those treated in the non-VA/private sector to receive better care for a wide range of indicators from cancer screening to diabetes treatment to inpatient care. And this trend has continued. And there is ample evidence that outcomes are at least comparable.

Second, the VA healthcare system has been a model for accountability. The issue of wait times exists because the VA decided to measure it. The VA has been an early adopter of electronic records and accountability measurement. It is not proper to evaluate the VA in isolation. For example, with respect to wait times – any idea how that compares to the non-VA/private sector? That is not to say that the VA should not have absolute standards – and seek to improve – but I bet that wait times elsewhere are also often quite long.

Report: VA Outperforms Private Sector on Key Measures

VA Care as Good as or Better than Private-Sector Hospitals - DAV

Examining the Quality and Cost of VA Health Care - American Legion

The thing is that for most people, good health is the status quo. Good medical care makes you feel normal, not better than normal. People do not sense a need to say. "I fee NORMAL thanks to the VA or Medicare or my Advantage Plan.

But bad health and bad health care is something people can and do complain about. So we hear a lot more about bad VA health care and much less about how good it is when it is adequate.

Hospitals need money and therefore advertise for patients. Whether the services they provide are better or worse is not obvious from their advertising. You never hear a hospital advertise about how many people have died in their care, or how many malpractice suits they have had.

I know several vets/family members that love their VA Government run healthcare. But I do have to add that's here in the progressive state of NY.

I have many friends who are disabled vets and they love the VA. Also like you say, not all VA hospitals are the same. In the patriotic Blue states, vets are treated very well because we appreciate their courage and valor but in the red states the slime living there will vote for a degenerate like Donald Trump who denigrates war heroes like John McCain.

63524348.jpg

CONS are cowards and degenerates. We need them gone.

The quality of care through the medical insurance industry is based on how much money one can lay out to the insurance industry.

VA care on the other hand is not necessarily restrained by such nonsense.

The wait time bullshit was coming from the insurance industry that was spending $1.4 million health care dollars a day to defeat any type of

logical affordable health care. The blowing of $1.4 million health care dollars a day ultimately won again. How does the industry afford such

reckless behavior? Bill it to their clients.

The nation as a whole should be able to purchase prescriptions at VA rates which are incredibly low no matter that they are same drugs all receive.

The whole nation would be in better hands for substantially less money under Medicare Singe Payer which would allow all to receive the highest quality of

healthcare no matter what 24/7. AND would relieve the VA of some over load.

Medical fraud is rampant in the US and the only place it is getting discovered and dealt with criminally is in medicare and medicaid. Private/Pirate insurance providers don't care that the medical industry is stealing from them because they are in the same criminal enterprise called the health care industry. This is more proof that we need single payer so that we can put the White Coat Mafia in prison.

$42 Billion of Medicare and Medicaid Fraud Thwarted by 'Big Data ...

Doctors, hospitals, and drug companies are robbing the American health care consumer blind every day. May they all end up in prison and raped to death by the inmates.

TRIGGER WARNING TO CONS! This post contains facts and links.

By 2000, patients in the VA system were more likely than those treated in the non-VA/private sector to receive better care for a wide range of indicators from cancer screening to diabetes treatment to inpatient care. And this trend has continued. And there is ample evidence that outcomes are at least comparable.

Second, the VA healthcare system has been a model for accountability. The issue of wait times exists because the VA decided to measure it. The VA has been an early adopter of electronic records and accountability measurement. It is not proper to evaluate the VA in isolation. For example, with respect to wait times – any idea how that compares to the non-VA/private sector? That is not to say that the VA should not have absolute standards – and seek to improve – but I bet that wait times elsewhere are also often quite long.

Report: VA Outperforms Private Sector on Key Measures

VA Care as Good as or Better than Private-Sector Hospitals - DAV

Examining the Quality and Cost of VA Health Care - American Legion

Hmm, at each clinic there is a sign at the reception window, if your wait time is over 15 minutes, come to the front desk. My appointment are always early or within 5 minutes of the scheduled appointments. If they cannot give me an appointment within 30 days, I use the choice program to a private doctor, which I have never had to do. The emergency walk in clinic works on the worst off patients first.

I have to laugh about any comparison of VA vs Private, there is simply no comparison. You can't get the care I receive, and no insurance company is going to match it, I can guarantee you that. I am covered 100% from cradle to grave.

Hmm, at each clinic there is a sign at the reception window, if your wait time is over 15 minutes, come to the front desk. My appointment are always early or within 5 minutes of the scheduled appointments. If they cannot give me an appointment within 30 days, I use the choice program to a private doctor, which I have never had to do. The emergency walk in clinic works on the worst off patients first.

I have to laugh about any comparison of VA vs Private, there is simply no comparison. You can't get the care I receive, and no insurance company is going to match it, I can guarantee you that. I am covered 100% from cradle to grave.

The VA system is a good model for America. Beyond that, a humane government would declare war on disease and win it by eradicating it but that will not happen until we eradicate those who exploit human suffering for extreme profit. Rid the world of hyper-capitalism by ridding the world of hyper-capitalists.