Merkel’s Party Loses to German Anti-Immigrant Party

drvoke

You have to wonder if these accommodationist politicians are getting the message after Brexit and now this. Islam is an inferior, non-conforming culture. It is a poison being actively infused into healthy cultures. Fuck those Bronze Age ragheads. Sorry, but there it is. I would fully endorse funding insurgents in their own countries to overthrow and civilize the populations, but spreading the disease is out of the question.

I want Germany, Sweden, France, Denmark, and other civilized countries that have been far too tolerant of these animals to go back twenty years and reclaim their cultures. If not, fascism will rise from the ashes of history. Merkel has to go.

BERLIN—Germany’s upstart anti-immigrant party beat Chancellor Angela Merkel’s center-right Christian Democrats on Sunday for the first time in a state election, while the center-left Social Democrats held on to win the vote in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, exit polls and initial results showed.

The anti-immigrant, three-year-old Alternative for Germany is set to receive 21.8% of the vote, projections from pollster Infratest Dimap said after the polls closed in the northeastern German state. The Christian Democrats, by contrast, were to receive 19%—the party’s worst-ever result in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, a sparsely populated, economically challenged state in the former East Germany that is home to Ms. Merkel.

The center-left Social Democrats won the vote, with 30.3%, according to the projection. The party’s leader in the state, Erwin Sellering, appeared set to be able to continue his tenure as the state’s premier.

Sunday’s election was for the state legislature in a single state, with a population of about 1.6 million. But the results reflected the wave of public discontent with Ms. Merkel’s refugee policy, which dominated the campaign—especially for the Alternative for Germany, or AfD, which has now won seats in nine of Germany’s 16 powerful state parliaments thanks in part to that discontent and is building momentum ahead of next September’s national elections.

“This is a proud result that we couldn’t have dreamed of some time ago,” Leif-Erik Holm, the AfD’s top candidate in Mecklenburg-West Pomerania, said after the first results came in. “Hopefully this is today, finally, the beginning of the end of the chancellorship of Angela Merkel.”

In a sign of how much the AfD’s rise has shaken up German politics, the party drew voters from all political camps as well as many supporters who didn’t vote in the previous election, exit polls showed. Among the casualties: the ultranationalist National Democratic Party, which appeared set to come in below the 5% threshold for seats in parliament and thus to lose its last presence in a state legislature.

Under pressure from the AfD, Ms. Merkel has unveiled a range of new initiatives to stop the flow of migrants and to convince Germans she’s keeping them safe. While the influx of people seeking asylum has dropped markedly from last year, two Islamist terror attacks by asylum seekers in July further unsettled the public about the security implications of the migrant stream. Ms. Merkel’s approval rating has sunk to 45%, the lowest level in five years.

Adding to the sting: Sunday’s vote came in Ms. Merkel’s home state.

Sunday’s results “are bitter for everyone in our party,” said the Christian Democrats’ Secretary General, Peter Tauber. Referring to the voters in the state, he said that “among a recognizable portion, there was an explicit desire to register discontent and protest, and one could notice this especially in the discussion about refugees.”

Two-thirds of AfD voters cast their ballot for the upstart party because they were disappointed by the other parties, the Infratest Dimap exit poll found. About half of AfD voters said that the refugee issue was decisive in their voting choice. Nearly all of them said they feared that the influence of Islam was becoming too strong and that crime would rise.

Ms. Merkel was in China Sunday for the Group of 20 meeting of economic powers and wasn’t expected to comment on the vote results. She has yet to announce whether or not she will run for a fourth term in next September’s national election.

I wonder what Merkel's motivation has been. It's as if someone has a gun to her head.

I think it is a combination of German guilt from WWII and the very practical need for people. Western Germany is the only country that I know of that has had a negative birth rate since WWII. It could be more involved as your post hints at. I don't really know.

I think it is a combination of German guilt from WWII and the very practical need for people. Western Germany is the only country that I know of that has had a negative birth rate since WWII. It could be more involved as your post hints at. I don't really know.

Germany needs people and those fucking raghead lunatics are the best they can do? I'm not buying it.