The vote to authorize an invasion of Iraq

The vote to authorize an invasion of Iraq IF Iraq/Hussein would not allow inspections and IF Iraq was shown to be a threat to the USA and its neighbors in the region is NOT a "vote for war". Congress has a mechanism for voting for war. It is called a Declaration of War. But that is not what Hillary or any other member of Congress voted for.

ALL of the pro-invasion, pro-war rhetoric by the Clintons, Hillary and her husband, John Kerry and every other Democrat was uttered BEFORE Iraq allowed the inspectors in and BEFORE the inspectors began to report back to Bush and the rest of the world that they were not finding stockpiles of WMDs, and not finding evidence of an intention to produce them. That is what we call "new intelligence". That is what President George W. Bush ignored. Getting those inspectors into Iraq, which they had not been permitted to do since 1998, was the POINT of the 2002 Congressional authorization...and it worked. What did not work in figuring out what was best for the country when the inspectors did NOT find a reason to invade was the mind of that idiot Republican in the White House.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, Hillary and all others voted to give Bush authorization to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam...

part of Hillary's speech before the vote

"My vote is not, however, a vote for any new doctrine of pre-emption, or for uni-lateralism, or for the arrogance of American power or purpose -- all of which carry grave dangers for our nation, for the rule of international law and for the peace and security of people throughout the world.

Over eleven years have passed since the UN called on Saddam Hussein to rid himself of weapons of mass destruction as a condition of returning to the world community. Time and time again he has frustrated and denied these conditions. This matter cannot be left hanging forever with consequences we would all live to regret. War can yet be avoided, but our responsibility to global security and to the integrity of United Nations resolutions protecting it cannot. I urge the President to spare no effort to secure a clear, unambiguous demand by the United Nations for unlimited inspections."

"So it is with conviction that I support this resolution as being in the best interests of our nation. A vote for it is not a vote to rush to war; it is a vote that puts awesome responsibility in the hands of our President and we say to him - use these powers wisely and as a last resort. And it is a vote that says clearly to Saddam Hussein - this is your last chance - disarm or be disarmed."

but that was long before the UN inspectors before Bush announced the invasion said they had found NO WMD

That doesn't change the fact that Bush jumped the gun and caused this mess.

He didn't jump the gun...

Saddam broke 17 resolutions from the UN...

Bush went to the UN..

Bush went to Congress....

Saddam broke the agreement to end the Gulf War...

And Bush went to other countries to get involved.....

Funny how the same people that were critical of Bush doing nothing in the summer of 2001 against the hijacked planes threat now says the "jumped the gun" on Iraq after the threat of WMDs...

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

-- Ex President Bill Clinton, Jul. 22, 2003 (Interview with CNN Larry King)

Sorry we need to slash spending now. Cut the budget by 50% and slash taxes and the irs. Education and welfare.

War costs money you have to steal from people. Its not important. We need to get money back in people's pockets. The government thinks wars are important when we got a house payment.

I got a cost cutting idea. Instead of healthcare. We can arm the suck with his sand send them into Syria.

dontlooknow

Posted 3 minutes ago

cut food stamps and give me a tax cut

UN Inspectors said NO WMD....bush/cheney/Neo-Cons Invaded anyways

Ex-Reagan Budget Director: George W. Bush's Policies Bankrupt The Country

The cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined with the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy will account for nearly half of the debt the U.S. will owe by 2019, according to a February analysis from the Center on Budget Policy and Priorities

UN Inspectors said NO WMD....bush/cheney/Neo-Cons Invaded anyways

Ex-Reagan Budget Director: George W. Bush's Policies Bankrupt The Country

The cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan combined with the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy will account for nearly half of the debt the U.S. will owe by 2019, according to a February analysis from the Center on Budget Policy and Priorities

And Hillary voted for the war...

Your not doing what you said you would.

Republican control

Your not cutting spending.

Your not fixing things. At all.

We tried to cut spending and even shut down the government..

You guys showed people eating out of dumpsters in respond

He didn't jump the gun...

Saddam broke 17 resolutions from the UN...

Bush went to the UN..

Bush went to Congress....

Saddam broke the agreement to end the Gulf War...

And Bush went to other countries to get involved.....

Funny how the same people that were critical of Bush doing nothing in the summer of 2001 against the hijacked planes threat now says the "jumped the gun" on Iraq after the threat of WMDs...

"People can quarrel with whether we should have more troops in Afghanistan or internationalize Iraq or whatever, but it is incontestable that on the day I left office, there were unaccounted for stocks of biological and chemical weapons."

-- Ex President Bill Clinton, Jul. 22, 2003 (Interview with CNN Larry King)

The invasion was jumping the gun. We could have waited for the UN to send inspectors in.

Bush pushed for invasion now.

Not in a month not in a year. Not let's wait for more evidence. Right now. He picked the timing.

Bush did. After getting authorization. He could of waited years. But didn't. Why zo9?

Answer zo9???

I want you to debate not make statements and run.

I supported the war like Hillary and John Kerry did...

Clinton talked about nuclear Iraq and WMDS...

After 911 these threats were more serious to most Americans...

so yes...I supported the war and wished the results were better

What do you think of this statement...

"We stopped the fighting [in 1991] on an agreement that Iraq would take steps to assure the world that it would not engage in further aggression and that it would destroy its weapons of mass destruction. It has refused to take those steps. That refusal constitutes a breach of the armistice which renders it void and justifies resumption of the armed conflict."
-- Sen. Harry Reid (D. NV) Oct. 9, 2002

as late as 2005...44% of Foxaganda viewers claimed Iraq attacked the US on 9-11-01

and these people are allowed to vote....

Do you really care about a poll?

I mean 78% on MSNBC once stated that Bush and Bin Laden talked on the phone on 9/10/01..

And they're allowed to have a TV set?

I know you fucked up and want to blame Hillary buddy. But Bush made the call buddy. You can't run from your decision.

Bush not Hillary started the war you dumb mother fucker.

Bush needed the votes to go to war...

And thanks to many Democrats he got them..

And that included Hillary and John Kerry