Bruce Springsteen just broke his record for longest US concert —

AND THEN BROKE IT AGAIN.

Bruce is the BOSS for a reason. Going on 67 years old, the New Jersey rocker constantly seems to reposition his own personal goal post, reaching the sort of live performance apex of which musicians half his age can barely dream. Last week, he continued to prove that age is but a number by breaking his record for longest US concert not just once, but twice.

At East Rutherfords MetLife Stadium on Tuesday the 23rd, Springsteen and The E Street Band topped their previous longest American show by playing for three hours and 52 minutes. The 35-song set was nothing short of epic and I can attest, since I was actually there. But just two days later, the band returned to the very same venue to once again push their limits by playing for precisely 4 hours.

The August 25th show may technically have featured fewer songs at 33, but it lasted a good eight minutes longer and set a new benchmark for the rock icons. Though it may have been padded a bit by a marriage proposal and guest appearances by Tom Morello, a record is still a record.

Amazingly, Springsteen and the band have yet another chance to reach their all-time world record of four hours and six minutes when they return to MetLife on Tuesday, August 30th. If they keep it up at this rate, we could have a new high point by this time tomorrow. Find the setlist for the August 25th gig below.

Update (August 31st): Well, looks like Springsteen and The E Street Band took their opportunity on Tuesday and ran with it. Returning to MetLife for the final show of their three-gig stand, The Boss once again broke his all-time US concert record by playing for four hours and one minute. Thats five minutes short of his overall world record, but give the man time hes only 67. Heres the August 30th setlist

Bruce Springsteen, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, 08/30, 2016 Setlist:

New York City Serenade

Blinded by the Light

Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?

Its Hard to Be a Saint in the City

Spirit in the Night (with Rickie Lee Jones)

Summertime Blues (with Rickie Lee Jones)

4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (with Rickie Lee Jones)

Kittys Back

Incident on 59th Street

Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Pretty Flamingo

Atlantic City

Im Goin Down

Darlington County

Working on the Highway

Downbound Train

Im on Fire

Hungry Heart

Out in the Street

Living Proof

Candys Room

Shes the One

Because the Night

The Rising

Encore

Secret Garden

Jungleland

Born to Run

Dancing in the Dark

Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Twist and Shout

Glory Days

Shout

Encore 2

Jersey Girl

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/bruce-springsteen-just-broke-his-record-for-longest-us-concert-twice/

The last time I saw Bruce and the E Street Band was at this same MetLife Stadium about 7 years ago. It was my 10th time I've seen them.

Doesn't hold a candle to Krispy Kreme Christy who I hear has seen them hundreds of times.

I bet he gets so pissed when Bruce talks about distasteful things that conservatives hate... . Like the brotherhood of man, helping the poor, fighting extremism, etc.

I've seen Bruce 15 times (once in a gym / once sat outside the Main Point and listened-I think it held about 200 people, there was a gaint crowd), Dylan 15 times and David Bromberg 16 times...when it comes to long concerts; I don't think anyone can touch The Dead.

grateful_dead290383_81.jpg

I've seen Bruce 15 times (once in a gym / once sat outside the Main Point and listened-I think it held about 200 people, there was a gaint crowd), Dylan 15 times and David Bromberg 16 times...when it comes to long concerts; I don't think anyone can touch The Dead.

grateful_dead290383_81.jpg

While you were listening and peaking in outside the Main Point in Bryn Mawr, PA that night, I was inside listening to Bruce and the E St Band. I went with Philadelphia's #1 radio personality Michael Tierson, who now has his own show on Sirius radio.

I might have bumped into you on my way out of the show. Lol

You're not going to get an argument out of me about how great the Dead were because I've seen them more times than any other band. But what Bruce is doing at age 67 doing 4 plus hour shows is unparalleled in concert history. When the Dead did 3 plus hour shows, they were in their 20''s -40's. Bruce keeps himself in amazing physical shape to perform these length shows... And as you know he is constantly moving, jumping on pianos, doing slides all across the stage, jumping into the audience during his entire show.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band has been the greatest show on earth for some 5 decades now.