The $600 billion reason Trump flip-flopped on deportation

Hey Trump fans... You were just duped. Suckers.

For over a year it's been the centerpiece of his campaign.

But, in a stark midcourse correction on his immigration policy, Republican nominee Donald Trump this week backed away from a pledge to round up millions of undocumented immigrants and transport them outside the country.

In the end, the plan may have simply proved too costly both politically and economically.

By one estimate the direct price tag for removing some 11 million undocumented workers could top $600 billion. And the economic impact of a such a sudden contraction in the U.S. labor force would lop $1.6 trillion from the nation's economy. That's roughly the gross domestic product of Texas.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/26/heres-why-trump-flip-flopped-on-deportation-plan.html?__source=msn%7Cmoney%7Cheadline%7Cstory%7C&par=msn

By one estimate the direct price tag for removing some 11 million undocumented workers could top $600 billion. And the economic impact of a such a sudden contraction in the U.S. labor force would lop $1.6 trillion from the nation's economy. That's roughly the gross domestic product of Texas.

No Congress will ever vote to fund such a mass deportation.

Anyone that thinks it will happen will clearly be proven wrong.

But, in a stark midcourse correction on his immigration policy, Republican nominee Donald Trump this week backed away from a pledge to round up millions of undocumented immigrants and transport them outside the country.

In the end, the plan may have simply proved too costly both politically and economically.

Speculation on a faulty premise w/o options explored.

A SUDDEN contraction?

How sudden?

Gingrich style welfare reform sure worked for Slick Willy.

Is it time for another Contract?

Crying about a lack of labor force is the other side of the hanky to crying about the lack of work ethic in our EBT force.

First class champaign flight on an American carrier to the capitol city of their home country ... for all ... just to make it "fair".

Deduct the cost from foreign aide packages and then watch how fast the greedy foreign leadership controls their own.

Simple, direct, effective.

No wonder it hasn't been done.

kj

A SUDDEN contraction?

How sudden?

Crying about a lack of labor force is the other side of the hanky to crying about the lack of work ethic in our EBT force.

First class champaign flight on an American carrier to the capitol city of their home country ... for all ... just to make it "fair".

Deduct the cost from foreign aide packages and then watch how fast the greedy foreign leadership controls their own.

kj

All that in your post and you missed the main idea. TRUMP LIED TO YOU.

Ha haha

All that in your post and you missed the main idea. TRUMP LIED TO YOU.

Ha haha

I missed what he had said but heard spastic reports about it.

Sorry, but I'm busy .

Aug 25 2016, 8:44 am ET

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/first-read-trump-s-stunning-flip-flop-immigration-n637621

"No citizenship," Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity in an interview taped Tuesday afternoon, per NBC's Benjy Sarlin. "Let me go a step further — they'll pay back-taxes, they have to pay taxes, there's no amnesty, as such, there's no amnesty, but we work with them." More from Trump: "When I look at the rooms and I have this all over, now everybody agrees we get the bad ones out," Trump said. "But when I go through and I meet thousands and thousands of people on this subject...they've said, Mr. Trump, I love you, but to take a person that has been here for 15 or 20 years and throw them and the family out, it's so tough, Mr. Trump."

So?

Sounds like a little empathy.

Didn't think he had any?

Cold, heartless, money making automaton?

Anyways, it's other people saying it's cruel ... not him.

I'm sure there was a point there.

Maybe I'll get it next time.

kj

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/26/heres-why-trump-flip-flopped-on-deportation-plan.html?__source=msn%7Cmoney%7Cheadline%7Cstory%7C&par=msn

Bust the employers and make them pay a $50,000 fine per unregistered immigrant plus cost of prosecution and court costs.

Bust the employers and make them pay a $50,000 fine per unregistered immigrant plus cost of prosecution and court costs.

That's how it was supposed to work.

No sanctuary cities.

No buying a house or getting a loan or a credit card or school enrolling or EBT or shit paper.

GTFO.

kj

A SUDDEN contraction?

How sudden?

kj

Just so you know that Contact came from behind the closed doors of ALEC.

May I help you along please. Add this your fine list, because this business owner robbed an American worker of wages and substance for his family members and made him a burdern on tax payers.

1.Take everything they own or was bought with profits by this individual. Take his home, bank accounts, and throw the family supported by his illegal gains out in the street, his boat, the watch he gave his son, the cars, everything.

2.Give him ten years hard road gang labor and lock his illegal worker into the same cell as he is in. The illegal will not work on the road gang, he will keep the prison cell clean & feed his bitch breakfast, lunch & dinner, make the beds, do the laundry, etc.