Penn Gillette has a message for Jim South & Co.

XavierOnassis

He fooled me in the first minute. I was disappointed. but of course: he's a magician. Bludog, if you haven't seen his magic as part of Penn and Teller, find it. They're great and funny too.

Here's one thing I got out of this video: As an atheist, I have to do god's work, because there isn't a god, so a god isn't going to do it.

I've always believed that and the way he said it hit me emotionally.

I agree with everything in that video. I like Penn Gillette. Two thumbs up.

Penn Jillette is a Libertarian, but he is at least a rational thinker, and he expresses himself very well.

Apparently Jillette made no impression on Jim South, the cranky old fart in the NHB Forum who seems to believe that God has appointed him to badmouth every Muslim on the planet.

Pl;us, he does not like anyone but White folks in this country and thinks that Louis Farrakhan is somehow a dangerous terrorist.. Granted that Farrakhan is a nutcase, but he is no threat to anyone since perhaps the 1960's. I suppose it is conceivable that he had some minor role in assassinating Malcolm X, but not enough to convince any grand jury.

Jimbo was educated in some Jesuit school way back when, so naturally he is dogmatic.

He fooled me in the first minute. I was disappointed. but of course: he's a magician. Bludog, if you haven't seen his magic as part of Penn and Teller, find it. They're great and funny too.

Here's one thing I got out of this video: As an atheist, I have to do god's work, because there isn't a god, so a god isn't going to do it.

I've always believed that and the way he said it hit me emotionally.

I agree with everything in that video. I like Penn Gillette. Two thumbs up.

I have to check 'em out Laripu.

When Jillette said "If you see a dark skinned man, with straight black hair, walking toward you", the first thing I thought of was a guy from south of the border. Of course he was talking about a Mid-Easterner who is likely to be of the Islamic faith. It's so true that a terrorist could easily be Islamic but the chances are astronomically high against a randomly chosen Muslim being a terrorist.

I don't believe in or approve of any organized religion. Although I recognize some people's need to worship with others, I feel communication with any almighty entity of your choice should really be personal. I don't identify with Atheism because I feel there is as much evidence for the existence of a God, or Creator, as there is against one; And all the evidence for or against, requires a leap of faith.

Although I don't believe in any benevolent God, I often "thank God" for little things. It's sort of like playing the lottery: You know it's only make-believe, but it feels good.

I used to enjoy the HBO (I think) show "Bullshit" with Penn and Teller. They made fun of a number of issues. They went through a list of those predicting the end of the world, and observed none have yet been correct. They made fun of the bottled water craze, putting tap water through garden hoses for extra flavor and into fancy bottles and having people sample how great it was and asking how much they would pay for this fancy water.

One show they put on made fun of those people who didn't buy bush's nonsense stories about the 9/11 attacks. I pretty much lost interest after that. Penn does say things in an interesting way, but he can be fooled just like anyone else.