Americans can study offshore , in English, for free

Since 1985, U.S. college costs have surged by about 500 percent, and tuition fees keep rising. In Germany, they've done the opposite.

The country's universities have been tuition-free since the beginning of October, when Lower Saxony became the last state to scrap the fees. Tuition rates were always low in Germany, but now the German government fully funds the education of its citizens -- and even of foreigners.

7 countries where Americans can study at universities, in English, for free (or almost free)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/10/29/7-countries-where-americans-can-study-at-universities-in-english-for-free-or-almost-free/

The lions share of grads do not enter into their assumed area of expertise which makes most diplomas moot in the sense of employment. Having had the perseverance to stay on

focus and achieve a degree says a lot to most employers.

I say millions of USA students should go abroad,get educated and learn a lot about the other worlds. Hell an American might actually find what was once a USA job while living abroad.

These same countries actually follow former USA guidelines for teaching their children. From what I gathered the parents and teachers in these areas are appalled at what has happened to the USA education guidelines aka trashed by politicians.

The lions share of grads do not enter into their assumed area of expertise which makes most diplomas moot in the sense of employment. Having had the perseverance to stay on

focus and achieve a degree says a lot to most employers.

I say millions of USA students should go abroad,get educated and learn a lot about the other worlds. Hell an American might actually find what was once a USA job while living abroad.

These same countries actually follow former USA guidelines for teaching their children. From what I gathered the parents and teachers in these areas are appalled at what has happened to the USA education guidelines aka trashed by politicians.

Unless, of course, your potential employer is one in the ever growing majority that require a degree of some kind from an accredited university.

Perhaps if the subject matter produces the desired credentials from a university abroad a USA degree may not be necessary.

It's the depth of the subject matter that is important.

How important is accredited? What does that truly represent?