Louisiana Democrats Thank Trump

Landrieu: ‘I Want To Thank Mr. Trump for Coming to Louisiana,’ ‘I Hope’ Clinton and Obama Will Visit

On Friday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Wolf,” former Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA), who is supporting Democratic presidential nominee former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, praised Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump for coming to Louisiana during the floods there and “I hope Secretary Clinton will make her way down, I hope President Obama will make a visit.”

Landrieu was asked, “Does a visit by Donald Trump, is that helpful to raising awareness and money?”

She responded, “I think it is. And I want to thank Mr. Trump for coming to Louisiana. I think the governor’s admonition about not using it as a press op is a good one, but he brought attention to our state, and we need that now, because, this disaster, Brianna, is far larger than people can appreciate on television. And if you could see it from a drone’s prospective, and look down all of south Louisiana, this is not just a Baton Rouge area event. Livingston Parish, Ascension Parish, to the south central part of our state, and southwest, all the way over to Calcasieu. This was a horrible rain event, and as you know, Louisiana drains about 40% of the entire United States. So, even when the rain doesn’t sit over us like this did, even when it rains in Minnesota or Arkansas, we get the water. That’s one thing I want people to understand, it’s both a blessing and a burden to have too much water, and we have too much of it now, and it is really a serious disaster, and I hope Secretary Clinton will make her way down, I hope President Obama will make a visit. And we need all the attention and help we can get.”

Landrieu pointed out that DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson has been on the ground in Louisiana and expressed confidence that the president’s “number one team has been there from the beginning, and I hope he will get there as soon as he can.” She further stated there are legitimate concerns about whether a presidential visit would disrupt aid efforts in the area.

She also stated that she hopes Trump stays longer and visits other areas impacted by flooding, leaves a contribution, and tells the country what he would do as president. She further expressed hope that both Trump and Clinton would discuss the issue of flood insurance.

Oh my I hope not.. the results could be disastrous.

Everyone said it was smooth move for Trump going there

Obama will be there soon. The Governor said next week would be better.

I got your new avatar all picked out, buddy. You are going to quit the forum when you see it!

Oh my I hope not.. the results could be disastrous.

Everyone said it was smooth move for Trump going there

Obama will be there soon. The Governor said next week would be better.

Hillary most definitely should be getting an idea of how big the problem is..

It was a once in a 1,000 year rain after all

Obama just announced he is going there Tuesday after being shamed into it, by Trump.

He was going to go today, but he had to golf instead.

Obama in 2008:

“When the people of New Orleans and Gulf Coast extended their hand for help, help was not there. When people looked up from the rooftops, for too long they saw an empty sky. When the winds blew and the flood waters came, we learned for all of our wealth and our power, something wasn’t right with America. We can talk about what happened for a few days in 2005, and we should. We can talk about levies that couldn’t hold, about a FEMA that seem not just incompetent but paralyzed and powerless, about a president who only saw the people from a window on an airplane instead of down here on the ground, trying to provide comfort and aid,” Obama said then. “We can talk about a trust that was broken, the promise that our government would be prepared, will protect us, and will respond in a catastrophe.”

Hypocrite.