Were Families Of Fort Hood Victims Given Gold Stars?

As I have stated several times, I am simply a humble pipe fitter, not a brilliant military strategist; but to me ( humble pipe fitter ), this would have raised a flag.

In Slide 11, Hasan bemoaned: "It's getting harder and harder for Muslims in the service to morally justify being in a military that seems constantly engaged against fellow Muslims."

Slide 48 warned: "If Muslim groups can convince Muslims that they are fighting for God against injustices of the 'infidels;' i.e.: enemies of Islam, then Muslims can become a potent adversary i.e.: suicide bombing, etc. We love death more then you love life!"

Under Conclusions, Hasan recommended that the Department of Defense "allow Muslim Soldiers the option of being released as 'conscientious objectors' to increase troop morale and decrease adverse events."

Cowed military superiors ignored the presentation, just as they had dismissed complaints from fellow students who noted Hasan's exaltation of Sharia over the Constitution and support for suicide bombings.