Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Shaman

Pot's LEGAL; Ending The Death Penalty's NEXT!!!

Hell.....we might end-up looking like a CIVILIZED COUNTRY, YET!!!!!

No. death penalty stays. Cheaper to bury them, than care for them until they die of old age in prison. Some mentalities just cannot be rescued from doing harm to anyone that doesn't agree with their hypothetical values.

Banishment is the correct solution for violent crimes. Less time for nonviolent crimes and lesser still for substance abusers. Suspension of public aid for those who test positive except for rehabilitation.

Fixed.

Banishment is the correct solution for violent crimes. Less time for nonviolent crimes and lesser still for substance abusers. Suspension of public aid for those who test positive except for rehabilitation.

Fixed.

Banish them where? All geographical areas in this atmosphere belong to societal evolution's rule of law.

No. death penalty stays. Cheaper to bury them, than care for them until they die of old age in prison.

.....And, if we're REALLY lucky.....we'll get to execute epileptics & schizophrenics, again.....due to them being possessed, and all!!!

We'll just need to find enough Christians to get the job done....again.

nazi-ovens-what-is-legal-is-not-always-m

Banish them where? All geographical areas in this atmosphere belong to societal evolution's rule of law.

I'm sure we can find an island somewhere.

This is what Costa Rica has done. There is the Isla de Los Hombres Solos (Isle of the lone men) off the Pacific coast at Puntarenas.

On Sunday afternoons, you can visit with the prisoners. The violent ones are locked up, but you can chat with the embezzlers, the con men and the forgers and visit a nice beach.

No. death penalty stays. Cheaper to bury them, than care for them until they die of old age in prison. Some mentalities just cannot be rescued from doing harm to anyone that doesn't agree with their hypothetical values.

First.. thanks for a post that's to the point and understandable without my Sole> English dictionary. My ancestors thank you. However......I would note the many automatic appeals add up to a LOT of expence and a Death Sentance can drag out 10-15 yr.. sometimes more. So... the CHEAPER point seldom works. I'd agree.. some folks are psychopathic predators and don't tend to rehabilitate.

Well, I think they closed the prison in 1983.

Mexico had a prison colony in the Pacific.

There were also the three Iles du Salut (Devil's Island) in French Guiana.

The idea of prison islands is sort of antiquated these days, what with helicopters and speedboats.

Yeah.....the LAST thing we need is a bunch o' ungrateful-kids blowing-the-whistle on parents.....who enjoy discipline, more than others.

47126610.cached.jpg

First.. thanks for a post that's to the point and understandable without my Sole> English dictionary. My ancestors thank you. However......I would note the many automatic appeals add up to a LOT of expence and a Death Sentance can drag out 10-15 yr.. sometimes more.

Yeah.....whatta fuckin' tragedy......

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-list-those-freed-death-row

Well, I think they closed the prison in 1983.

Mexico had a prison colony in the Pacific.

There were also the three Iles du Salut (Devil's Island) in French Guiana.

The idea of prison islands is sort of antiquated these days, what with helicopters and speedboats.

The banished are dropped off in an undisclosed location. No visitation. No nothing. It's fine for the island to have a fresh water source and farmable land but past that, they're forgotten. Monitoring the island shouldn't be too difficult.

The banished are dropped off in an undisclosed location. No visitation. No nothing. It's fine for the island to have a fresh water source and farmable land but past that, they're forgotten. Monitoring the island shouldn't be too difficult.

Ah, yes.....the "conservative"-option....whatever's most-CONVENIENT!!

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-penalty-representation

It's time you "conservatives" rolled-up your tents, and clear outta the way.

You've created every aberration o' democracy, you could manage, since 1968.....from Big DICK Nixon.....thru Lil' Dumbya.....and, got no successes you can point-to......well, besides making WAR more-profitable than need-be.

It's time we amp-up The Revolution....the one (for which) Bernie Sanders is supposed to have claimed credit....but, is (actually) 50-years-old. Kudos to Al Hoffman.

Take your "absolutes" with you. We've been dragging-around those goddamned-anchors for long-enough.

Bill O'Reilly has already waved your white-flag.

The Culture War has survived, in spite of you.

Begone.

WallStreet_3321n.png

I thought Shaman meant, end the death penalty on the victims of the criminals. You know, the criminals who are judge - jury - executioner, & execute people who are, beyond a shadow of a doubt, totally innocent.

December 28, 2016

"Sometimes a modicum of progress sneaks up on society and, when spotted, provides welcome news.

Just before Christmas, the Death Penalty Information Center (DPIC) reported that in 2016 both the death sentences by courts and death-row executions across the United States continued to decline.

The 30 new death sentences handed down this year were a big drop from 49 the previous year, and were the lowest number since the US Supreme Court reinstated capital punishment in 1976, the nonprofit group said.

“America is in the midst of a major climate change concerning capital punishment,” says Robert Dunham, DPIC’s executive director and the author of the report. “While there may be fits and starts and occasional steps backward, the long-term trend remains clear.”

The possibility of wrongful executions continues to disturb Americans: Since 1973, 156 prisoners sitting on death row have been freed, some through DNA evidence unavailable at their original trial. These inmates have either been acquitted of all charges against them, had the charges dropped by prosecutors, or were granted a pardon based on evidence that showed their innocence.

Concerns about racial disparities trouble many as well. Since 1976, 34.5 percent of all those executed for capital offenses were African-Americans. Today 41.8 percent of those who await execution on death row are African-Americans. Yet African-Americans make up only 13.2 percent of the total US population.

But whether capital punishment proves to be expensive or difficult to administer in a fair or timely fashion is not the principle reason to welcome its end. As a 2010 Monitor editorial reasoned, a moral argument must be heard too.

“A government’s job is to preserve life, not compound a terrible wrong by taking another life,” it said. “A death sentence cuts off the opportunity for redemption and leans on an outdated concept of justice based on revenge.”

Most governments in the world have accepted this argument and have stopped the use of capital punishment. In the US that day may not happen for some time to come, but making the death penalty more and more rare is a step in the right direction."

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/the-monitors-view/2016/1228/The-disappearing-death-penalty

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/innocence-list-those-freed-death-row

Death penalty is a state issue. If the feds deem it necessary to eliminate death penalty for federal crimes good for them. Let the libbers pass a bill. IF THEY CAN.

I thought Shaman meant, end the death penalty on the victims of the criminals. You know, the criminals who are judge - jury - executioner, & execute people who are, beyond a shadow of a doubt, totally innocent.

You also believe normal-people murder others, for no good reason.

That doesn't make any sense.

Hang-in-there!!!

With Trumpy In-Office.....maybe we'll see a return to burning epileptics & schizophrenics at-the-stake, again....'cause they're (obviously) possessed by evil-spirits.

Death penalty is a state issue. If the feds deem it necessary to eliminate death penalty for federal crimes good for them. Let the libbers pass a bill. IF THEY CAN.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....because the Death Penalty is so effective.....until someone-else is murdered.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/facts-about-deterrence-and-death-penalty

quote-insanity-doing-the-same-thing-over

Problem with the death penalty is that our court system is so corrupt you can't trust it

Gotta stop executions in this case

California justice system is a pathetic joke

I thought Shaman meant, end the death penalty on the victims of the criminals.

If your actually believe this, then there is only one word to describe you.

ESS TEE YOU PEE EYE DEE!

Stick them into an environmental chamber and remove the oxyen while the person is finishing his/her last meal, Death is painless with more mercy shown them than they spared those they harmed.