Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ScottMon

Why Aren't We Outraged?

I am outraged, and I will continue to be outraged until Hillary actually shows by actions that she supports the progressive Democratic platform. Choosing Kaine was a big step in the wrong direction. I support many of the down-ballot progressives, I support a lot of the Democratic congresspeople, but a good part of the party leadership has got to go, frankly. As for Hillary Clinton herself, what she did with her email server continues to bother me. What can I say? I am working towards a career in network security, and what she did and her lies about it are a huge reason for my distrust. I had actually come to a grudging admiration for her when she was Secretary of State, but this reminded me why I did not like her. It brought crashing back all the memories of her Wall Street ties, her dismissal of stay-at-home moms, her evisceration of her husband's victims, and the way she seemed to switch political ideals whenever it suited her personal agenda.

Like I've said before, I will vote for her if and only if it looks like Trump will take Illinois, but I will do everything I can legally do to ensure that she only gets one term in office if she betrays the ideals of the Democratic platform.

I have SEEN a lot over time. Demanding perfect is not apt to work. Pouting about details.. can lead to a bad outcome. With Trump in the game.. Dems must be a TEAM. Trump as President........THINK about that mess. The GOP...... is fractured. The Dems can lay claim to the left AND the center. It is quite possible to win the White house AND Congress but......Dems have a habit of undervalueing the WHOLE ticket, and may lose congressional races they COULD have won. Unwise bickering over ideological purity? Believing pervasive Repub lies? Unreal expectations? There's traps,tricks and problems to watch for.

On the LEFT...... we ALWAYS have people into the CONCEPT but so cynical and out of focus they vote fringe party or not at all.

EVERY cycle there's MILLIONS who... logically, by their basic self interest,should be voting Democrat... yet they are apathetic,or cynical or even get sucked into voting Repub.

Between Trumpists and Teabags...... the ALTERNATIVE is dismal. EVERYONE has to pull the rope and get DEMS elected.

Odd. :huh: You apparently believe the DNC are liars then. Because the DNC themselves called it "inexcusable" in their apology letter to Bernie:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/dnc-apologizes-to-sanders-for-inexcusable-remarks-in-email-leak-226149

This crap's going to cost the DNC. When people lose trust in the process itself, they're gone.

The reality is the DNC was actively campaigning and colluding against one of their own candidates for the purpose of aiding the other candidate. Where I come from, that's called corruption.

Now that's helpful. Name calling and flamebaiting. :rolleyes: I'm a progressive.

Yes, Bernie will follow through on his promise to campaign for Hillary. He promised he would. However, I'd bet that deep down, he's as enthused about it as he is for getting a root canal. Jmo...

I think you are wrong. Bernie knows electing HRC is important. And she's going to make a great president.

Throwing in with the Green Tea party is a mistake.

Bill

Now that everyone has the outrage out of their systems, let's go win the General :P

Bill

Not everyone. My outrage isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Not everyone. My outrage isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

More beer.

Bill

That and football's starting soon. :D

Till then, target practice :P

Bill

I have SEEN a lot over time. Demanding perfect is not apt to work. Pouting about details.. can lead to a bad outcome. With Trump in the game.. Dems must be a TEAM. Trump as President........THINK about that mess. The GOP...... is fractured. The Dems can lay claim to the left AND the center. It is quite possible to win the White house AND Congress but......Dems have a habit of undervalueing the WHOLE ticket, and may lose congressional races they COULD have won. Unwise bickering over ideological purity? Believing pervasive Repub lies? Unreal expectations? There's traps,tricks and problems to watch for.

On the LEFT...... we ALWAYS have people into the CONCEPT but so cynical and out of focus they vote fringe party or not at all.

EVERY cycle there's MILLIONS who... logically, by their basic self interest,should be voting Democrat... yet they are apathetic,or cynical or even get sucked into voting Repub.

Between Trumpists and Teabags...... the ALTERNATIVE is dismal. EVERYONE has to pull the rope and get DEMS elected.

I've also seen a lot over time, and I am not demanding perfect. However, I am not pouting. Thank you very much for reducing my very legitimate concerns about Hillary to a childish pout. As for the team part, I'm not on the Democrats' so-called team until they oust the plutocrats from their party. To be honest, Democrats who really were into the self-interest in the party should have been voting for Bernie because he was polling far better against Trump than Hillary was and still is.

What you don't get is this. While I recognize Trump is terrible, I recognize that Hillary is also terrible. Less terrible than Trump doesn't make her somehow good. As I have said before, I am working for down-party, true progressives. Hillary has said time and time again she is a centrist, so no, voting for her has never been in my best interests. I see no hope in either outcome, to be honest, and am pondering how to survive for the next four years in either scenario.

By the way, the Democratic Party is fractured too. I hope that after this election it will fully fracture into a viable centrist NON-PLUTOCRATIC major party and a leftist progressive party, also, of course, non-plutocratic. To have a minimum of three viable major parties would be the best thing for America.

Till then, target practice :P

Bill

Bah. I wait for hockey. ;)

I have to admit, it's hard for me to get outraged, sitting on the beach enjoying a beer on this warm, and windy day, but I will attempt to conjure some negative feelings...

Things that Outrage me (in order of outrageousness):

1. Right wing Republicans - like Paul Ryan, Rick Scott, the entire "freedom Caucus".
  2. Trump- no explanation necessary
  3. Sen Clinton's 2002 vote on H.J. Resolution 114 - October 11, 2002 at 12:50 a.m. EDT - I have a long memory.
  4. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (& some select DNC members) - because no list would be complete without mentioning Debbie, but not all DNC members are alike.
  5. Sen Howard Dean's (from VERMONT!) superdelegate vote for Hillary, despite the primary vote being 86.1% to 13.6% in Bernie's favor, & earning all 16 'real' delegates.
  6. Obama's support for TPP - Looking to get further outraged if it passes during the lame duck session after the election.
  7. Information contained within the DNC Wikileaks. I have known about the Debbie & Co.'s antics for many years, the leaked did not shock, or surprise me at all.
  8. Rachel Maddow: psuedo - progressive TV personality that has been doing the bidding of her corporate overlord, while pretending to support the causes popular with progressive causes.
  9. My beer bottle is empty

But alas, the sun is setting, so I shall wander up to the Tiki Bar and drown my misery.

Number 8 really rang a bell with me. I have never heard "the smartest person on TV" tackle the income gap or the rising power of the Plutocracy in any depth whatever. I have never heard her express serious doubt about any of our military interventions. She never offered any support for Bernie or his platform.

Rachael Maddow, Fox News Of Left, Throws Bernie Sanders Under The Bus

I am tired of hearing we have to vote for Hillary to stop Trump. Why can't Hillary move to the left and earn those votes?

Again, we have to fix the ballot counting boxes before the election, or the rich win again. Even if most people vote for Hillary what is to stop the USSC from voiding the election and appointing Trump?

I'm pretty sure Bernie wasn't going to win but why wasn't he at least given fair treatment by the DNC.

At what point do we say this isn't fair or democratic?

I'm pretty mad about this.

Honestly, I see a lot of people wringing their hands about this, but I don't see what the big deal is. A few staffers tossed a few things around in a private conversation, NONE OF WHICH WERE EVER DONE.

I think cons have been screaming nonstop trying to make it seem like more than it was, and, frankly, I think that tactic has worked.

I am tired of hearing we have to vote for Hillary to stop Trump. Why can't Hillary move to the left and earn those votes?

Again, we have to fix the ballot counting boxes before the election, or the rich win again. Even if most people vote for Hillary what is to stop the USSC from voiding the election and appointing Trump?

This I could agree with.

Honestly, I see a of people wringing their hands about this, but I don't see what the big deal is. A few staffers tossed a few things around in a private conversation, NONE OF WHICH WERE EVER DONE.

I think cons have been screaming nonstop trying to make it seem like more than it was, and, frankly, I think that tactic has worked.

Except that conservatives aren't the only ones talking about it and upset about it. A lot of the left are upset also, very upset, and they don't tend to even listen to conservative media much if at all, and they sure as hell don't believe what they hear even if they listen.

Hiking with some friends on the same road for days, wanting to get to the same destination, we approach a fork in the road.

One of the paths is scenic, & beautiful, but may take longer to reach the destination.

The other path is an ugly, & treacherous, but could potentially save many days of travel.

If some choose different paths, that's fine with me. They are experienced hikers.

I will tip my hat, and remind them to take their maps, and have a good plan for rationing water.
For some, the journey is it's own reward.

A lot of the left are upset also, very upset, and they don't tend to even listen to conservative media much if at all, and they sure as hell don't believe what they hear even if they listen.

A political party conspiring against one of their own candidates and openly favoring one candidate over another is wrong. It shouldn't be happening. Everyone involved should be fired. I understand that the entire party wasn't in on this b/s. However the ones that were should be on the unemployment line.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bernie-sanders-supporters-dnc-dnc_us_579807bee4b02d5d5ed373f7

Honestly, I see a of people wringing their hands about this, but I don't see what the big deal is. A few staffers tossed a few things around in a private conversation, NONE OF WHICH WERE EVER DONE.

I would like to at least pretend that Bernie was rousted by majority rule and w/o collusion.

Except that conservatives aren't the only ones talking about it and upset about it.

Yes, desperate cons have succeeded in whipping up the media to pretend that this fuss about nothing actually MEANS SOMETHING.

Yes, desperate cons have succeeded in whipping up the media to pretend that this fuss about nothing actually MEANS SOEMETHING.

Sorry, but the fuss wasn't about nothing. Even the DNC's letter to the Sanders campaign called their own actions "inexcusable" and offered a "deep and sincere" apology.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/dnc-apologizes-to-sanders-for-inexcusable-remarks-in-email-leak-226149

This has lost the DNC voters.

There is no "there" there.

What has lost the DNC voter? Two guys noticed Bernie might lose votes if his atheism was raised as an issue in a private (or so they thought) email conversation upon which they didn't act?

Oh goodness. What an outrage. But booing civil rights leaders is totally cool? Come on.

Where is Sarah Silverman when we need her? :P

Bill

There is no "there" there.

What has lost the DNC voter? Two guys noticed Bernie might lose votes if his atheism was raised as an issue in a private (or so they thought) email conversation upon which they didn't act?

Oh goodness. What an outrage. But booing civil rights leaders is totally cool? Come on.

Where is Sarah Silverman when we need her? :P

Bill

My faith was already broken. Now its ground into a fine powder.

Yes, desperate cons have succeeded in whipping up the media to pretend that this fuss about nothing actually MEANS SOEMETHING.

Must be nice to view a have a bipolar view of the world.

Does the 'DNC fuss' mean SOEMETHING?

Let's put it to a test.... Let's have Hillary make all her public appearances with DWS at her side. I would be glad to host the event down here in FL CD 23.

btw Where has Debbie been? I haven't seen her around the neighborhood for a while.

My faith was already broken. Now its ground into a fine powder.

Spycar seems to attack anyone he can to turn them away from voting. I think he is on the Liberal forum, to agitate, having almost never discussed any issues, only personalities. It looks to me like he is simply a Trump supporter trying to foster splits in the liberal cause.

Must be nice to view a have a bipolar view of the world.

You'd have to tell me.

Does the 'DNC fuss' mean SOEMETHING?

It means that people often say things in private that they would never say in public. Is this news to you?

Let's put it to a test.... Let's have Hillary make all her public appearances with DWS at her side. I would be glad to host the event down here in FL CD 23.

Why?

Hillary and the DNC cheated. Period. If an athlete is caught cheating, that athlete, if/when he wins, is disqualified and the second-place athlete is declared the winner. Hillary Clinton did NOT win the primaries, as she cheated. She should be disqualified. Seriously, the chair of the DNC Debbie-do-anything-for-Hillary-Wasserman-Schultz (Kyle Kulinski, 2016) resigned from her position, only to be hired by Clinton mere hours later. This is the penultimate of corruption! Why aren't we outraged? I wonder the same thing. I AM outraged. Many people ARE outraged. What can we do? I don't know; I feel defeated. So, it seems that we have no recourse other than to drop out of the democratic party and express our outrage with a single, little noticed vote. :angry2: Boo.

Hillary and the DNC cheated. Period. If an athlete is caught cheating, that athlete, if/when he wins, is disqualified and the second-place athlete is declared the winner. Hillary Clinton did NOT win the primaries, as she cheated. She should be disqualified. Seriously, the chair of the DNC Debbie-do-anything-for-Hillary-Wasserman-Schultz (Kyle Kulinski, 2016) resigned from her position, only to be hired by Clinton mere hours later. This is the penultimate of corruption! Why aren't we outraged? I wonder the same thing. I AM outraged. Many people ARE outraged. What can we do? I don't know; I feel defeated. So, it seems that we have no recourse other than to drop out of the democratic party and express our outrage with a single, little noticed vote. :angry2: Boo.

Mendacity. 100% false narrative spread by one advocating illegal means to disrupt the Democratic convention.

If there is OUTRAGE, it should be aimed at you. You deserve to be defeated, and to feel defeated.

Good grief.

Bill

No holds barred chat

• Hey kfools.. does this help? 

• By Vegas

Liberals are going to hell.

• grgle

• Where’s at @slideman?

• Hola

• I know this one, this new chat thing. I've seen it called the "shoutbox" among other things in my past. Very hard to hide from the chat box. The question is asked, there's no time to go search what other folks think, this is real time. Only seconds should be between chat box replies. This one is made for me. In the chat box one has to be quick on their feet with stuff at the ready. This chat box is the worst nightmare of anyone trying to deal with ol' teach. 

• By pmurT

hey @teacher that sounds like too much work for me LOL I need that useless thing called *time* in order to authenticate facts and truths which get posted by deceitful Dems

• What does the red number refer to? currently, on my screen it says 2

• Where does it say 2?

• So. In the chat....if you tag a member the text afterwards should be a private message. 

• How do? I'm teacher. If I'm online and the powers that be can figure out how to make it immediately apparent to me that whatever I've said here has been replied to I'm gonna show up right quick and kick some teeth in. It's the chat box, all this is new and scary. I know this gig. This starts now. 

• Hey kfools, did you lose your securtiy cert? On my browser it is saying your site is not secure?

• Mine too. I'm looking into it.

• Mine too. 

• I thought it was my location.. 

• Just gave to renew the security cert. No big deal I'll do it tonight

• OK thanks

• Happy Anniversary, America... on your Civil Union.

• By teacher

All lives matter.

• By teacher

Double post deleted.

• By teacher

Scroll the other way for a while and you'll see me saying that these days the chat box ain't gonna work as one has to be quick on one's feet. The question is posed, there ain't no stinkin time for ya'll to refer to your betters for the answer, ya'll don't understand these things, this political debate, ya'll don't have the answer at hand, ya'll haven't thought this through, ya'll ain't ready for the next question I'll ask,  ya'll can't handle the pace that a bloke such as I can bring it in the chat box, ya'll can't handle this format.

This one is made for me. 

You don't have permission to chat in this chatroom