Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skews13

You Say You Want A Revolution, But my Son Will Die

Dear Bernie or Bust Advocates,

I know revolutionary movements, and revolutionaries, accept that some people are going to die — for the greater good they imagine. In this case, for me, it’s not some abstract idea of people dying. For my family, it will be our beloved son. So, I’m willing to beg. And, I’m willing to ask and beg every single one of you Bernie or Bust supporters to not let my son die, if that’s what it takes to get each and every precious vote to prevent Donald Trump from becoming the President.

If Trump wins the Presidency, then we won’t have the House, probably not the Senate, and not the Court, either. Obamacare will be repealed. It will gleefully be one of their first actions, and when it’s repealed, my son’s life will be drastically reduced. My son is a good young man. Without insurance, his medicine will cost $1250 per month, and he won’t be able to afford insurance without the ACA. He probably won’t even be able to get insurance without the ACA. My son, my dear beloved son will … I can’t even type it, again. Whenever I think about the possibility that would suddenly become a probability, I start crying like I am, now. So, please excuse me if this is a bit disjointed writing-wise. My son needs his medication, or his life will be seriously shortened, and I’ll leave it at that.

So, I’m willing to beg you...

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/26/1552570/-You-say-you-want-a-revolution-but-my-son-will-die

Listen to Bernie Sanders himself. In a column released right after he spoke on Monday night, he said this:

What we have done together is absolutely unprecedented, but there is so much more to do. It starts with defeating Donald Trump in November, and then continuing to fight for every single one of our issues in order to transform America.

Get the whole column here. http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/38226-next-steps-for-our-revolution

So if you really love Bernie, listen to what he is saying.

I know revolutionary movements, and revolutionaries, accept that some people are going to die — for the greater good they imagine. In this case, for me, it’s not some abstract idea of people dying. For my family, it will be our beloved son. So, I’m willing to beg. And, I’m willing to ask and beg every single one of you Bernie or Bust supporters to not let my son die, if that’s what it takes to get each and every precious vote to prevent Donald Trump from becoming the President.

If Trump wins the Presidency, then we won’t have the House, probably not the Senate, and not the Court, either. Obamacare will be repealed. It will gleefully be one of their first actions, and when it’s repealed, my son’s life will be drastically reduced. My son is a good young man. Without insurance, his medicine will cost $1250 per month, and he won’t be able to afford insurance without the ACA. He probably won’t even be able to get insurance without the ACA. My son, my dear beloved son will … I can’t even type it, again. Whenever I think about the possibility that would suddenly become a probability, I start crying like I am, now. So, please excuse me if this is a bit disjointed writing-wise. My son needs his medication, or his life will be seriously shortened, and I’ll leave it at that.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/7/26/1552570/-You-say-you-want-a-revolution-but-my-son-will-die

Without a doubt, all efforts need to be united in a solid front against Der Trumpfkopfk. That means fighting for Hillary. Bernie has shown he understands this full-well and has joined Team Hillary to make sure Mein Trumpf never gets anywhere near the nuclear launch codes .... Or the social safety net.

This is one example of why we need to elect Hillary Clinton into office in November because the last thing america needs right now is the 20 million Americans that feel the effects of the ACA to be negatively effected. Hillary will continue to spread the effects of the ACA and this is what america needs not the Bush Healthcare system that was crumbling at the seams.

Listen to Bernie Sanders himself. In a column released right after he spoke on Monday night, he said this:

What we have done together is absolutely unprecedented, but there is so much more to do. It starts with defeating Donald Trump in November, and then continuing to fight for every single one of our issues in order to transform America.

Get the whole column here. http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/38226-next-steps-for-our-revolution

sorry about that - stumbled over the software

The destruction that would take place real peoples lives is hard to contemplate should the unthinkable ever happen.

We need to beat the orange clown.

Bill

Obama care was created by the Heritage Foundation (a GOP source for policy) in order to further their agenda. The first part was to require that all people buy health insurance. I results in the rich CEOs of insurance companies have the right to tax the public at what ever rate they want. At first the insurance companies will provide some amount of access to health care. After they got the right to force everyone to pay, they will simply complain they are not making enough money and purchase legislation to reduce the services they pay for. This will continue till they are effectively paying for nothing at all, but still have the right to tax the public. This push has already started, with at least two major companies saying they cannot continue unless they get better legislation. How can they pay the CEO a billion dollars a year, unless they get better legislation?

A great many people will die without proper access to health care. Certainly with Trump, they have to chance to stay alive. With Hillary it looks the same. The big corporations are already lined up to get the legislation they want, to deny people access to health care. What will Hillary do when that happens? Will she push for universal single payer, or will she take the campaign donations to support the rich?

Ahh, the Progressives who support Trump because he doesn't take money from rich people. Never mind that he himself is worth billions of dollars, and is part of the problem and has been part of the problem. Never mind that he'll take health care away from people by overturning Obamacare. Never mind that he'll split up families by overturning Obergefell. So long as he isn't taking money from the rich (even though he himself is part of that rich group) he's obviously a better choice.

Might as well cut off your nose to spite your face.

Yea, those darn progressives actually opposing Republican programs designed to plunder the nation. Anyone opposed to those policies must be for Trump. They're just so uppity wanting health care, next thing you know, they will want jobs as well. At least Obama knew what to do. He had those supporting universal single payer arrested.