Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FireChicken

Will Sanders Make it 5 of the last 6?

Sanders has won 3 of the last 4 state primaries. Will he make it 5 out of the last 6 with Oregon and Kentucky?

Strong turnout is pointing that way.

The better Sanders does between now and the Democratic convention, the more leverage he will have to force Clinton to make concessions.

KY is insanely close right now, but I think Hillary's going to take it 46.7% to 46.4%.

OK, Sanders won 4 of the last 6. He couldn't pull off a close call in KY. They each take 27.

As far as I can tell, Hillary doesn't stand a chance in CA. It also has 540 or so delegates. It's also sounding a lot like Hillary won't be able to take the popular vote after CA.

The better Sanders does between now and the Democratic convention, the more leverage he will have to force Clinton to make concessions.

While that is certainly correct, I don't see anything to prevent Hillary to renege on those concessions as soon as Bernie is out of the way. It would be absolutely necessary to keep the pressure on Hillary to prevent her from backsliding.

While that is certainly correct, I don't see anything to prevent Hillary to renege on those concessions as soon as Bernie is out of the way. It would be absolutely necessary to keep the pressure on Hillary to prevent her from backsliding.

That is my concern, too, DonJoe. However it's (unfortunately) nothing we have any control over. There will be Bernie supporters who will vote Clinton. If she ends up flip-flopping on issues that are important to Bernie voters, she can kiss those supporters goodbye on a 2nd term.