Staggering Numbers Support Single Payer Health Care --- YES!

Fool. Government involvement in a market increases priced and reduces liberty.

Idiot

Hey, maybe you are correct. Let's sell off all the highways and let individuals make every road a toll road. That way we could fight communism every time we drive to the store to get groceries. And just think how much cheaper the roads would be. I just hope the government in its wisdom gives me some of those highways.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The grassroots movement for single-payer healthcare reached a milestone during the 2016 Presidential Election season: by the end of 2015, 58% of adults in the U.S. supported “Medicare for All” healthc

Health care should be a right not a privilege.   Despite the overwhelming popularity of single payer. And despite the fact that we are entitled to government "by consent of the governed" as enshri

What increases the cost of medical insurance?   High dollar reckless spending on:   * corp jets   * bureaucracy of 2000 providers   * extreme profits to support reckless spending   * high

Same thing with single payer. Instead of giving money to an insurance company you're giving it to the govt.

The only difference is, with single payer you have no say in the care you receive. Before Obamacare you did because you could pick a plan that suited you.

If you want to drive cost to consumers down then you should vote for health savings accounts.

WHEW!!!!

You PREFER being perpetually-confused??!!!

For all intents, and purposes.....Single Payer IS a health savings account!!

Your Medicare taxes go into a pool/"bank"....that, THEN, pays you health-care expenses; post-delivery!!!

What.....you're worried about Medicare looking-INTO WHY some providers are more-expensive, than others??? 323.png

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-08/hospital-charges-vary-across-u-s-for-same-procedures

WHEW!!!!

Your Medicare taxes go into a pool/"bank"....that, THEN, pays you health-care expenses; post-delivery!!!

What.....you're worried about Medicare looking-INTO WHY some providers are more-expensive, than others??? 323.png

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-08/hospital-charges-vary-across-u-s-for-same-procedures

No it isn't.

Single payer is the govt. pays for your healthcare with tax dollars. You pay more into the system than the system pays out and the govt. keeps the rest.

Health savings accounts, you pay into it rather than an Insurrance company. When you receive healthcare you pay for it out of the account. Whatever's left over you can give to someone else of your choosing.

The two things are completely different.

But wouldn't you rather have healthier people and more money in your pocket to spend on something other than someone else's diabetes?

I would much rather have healthier people and more money in my pocket. That is why I want single payer. Removing the billions going to insurance company CEOs would go a long way in health care. So getting rid of the insurance companies is a big reduction in how much I have to pay. The question becomes what are you going to do with all that extra money once you are healthier?

They'll still take money away from you to fund it. Fuck em.

Nothing in the constitution allows the government to run such a large portion of the economy. They wanna make it a right and amendment, I'm open to the discussion.

The insurance companies are taking money from you and building summer vacation homes and driving jaguars.

There is no accountability of how our health care dollars are spent and it is managed very poorly by private enterprise

American families would actually save money and get better health care if the government managed health care

WHEW!!!!

Your Medicare taxes go into a pool/"bank"....that, THEN, pays your health-care expenses; post-delivery!!!

No it isn't.

Single payer is the govt. pays for your healthcare with tax dollars. You pay more into the system than the system pays out and the govt. keeps the rest.

This is just a guess, but....you used to get dropped, on your head (pretty-often), before you learned to walk, Right??

NOTHING, you're saying, is making any sense!!!

I would much rather have healthier people and more money in my pocket. That is why I want single payer. Removing the billions going to insurance company CEOs would go a long way in health care. So getting rid of the insurance companies is a big reduction in how much I have to pay. The question becomes what are you going to do with all that extra money once you are healthier?

.....ESPECIALLY, when you consider.....WITH Single-Payer.....EMPLOYERS will NO LONGER have to provide health-care (to attract employees).....which WILL allow employers to be much-more-FREE to dole-out significant PAY-INCREASES!!!!

Soooooooooooo....top-notch preventative-care makes people MORE sick??!!!

323.png

Preventative care? For chronic conditions associated with lifestyle? Because that's where our healthcare dollars are being spent.

Unless you're going to force people to eat healthy, quit smoking and drinking, then preventative care isn't going to do much.

I'd be for single payer if it was paid for in full by a tax on processed foods, alcohol, high fructose corn syrup, cigarettes and legalized marijuana.

The majority of the money would have to go to innovation and paying nurses and doctors as opposed to administrators.

None of it could go to politicians, their friends or family members.

If there was a surplus, then the tax could be reduced.

Obviously that's not the left will do though. It's a money grab and rank and file dems are falling for it do to memes like "preventative care".

This is just a guess, but....you used to get dropped, on your head (pretty-often), before you learned to walk, Right??

NOTHING, you're saying, is making any sense!!!

Insults directed at me by you aside, we're saying the same thing. You just haven't admitted that the surplus under single payer is kept by the govt.

That's not how single payer works though. You don't get the money the govt. takes from you back after they don't use it on your healthcare. The govt. takes it and keeps the surplus.

What you want is actually health saving accounts.

That's exactly what they said about Obamacare and its tanking. Idiot

Ideal for you.

The Confederacy tanked utterly 151 years ago, and there you are sporting its flag.

Obamacare was designed to make the American voter want single payer.

In the meantime, it's been a big wet kiss to insurance companies from Obama and the democrats.

And if you think single payer isn't going to make some greedy 1%er rich then your fooling yourself.

Big Pharm and health insurance companies spend more money buying politicians like Hillary than anyone.

Big Pharm and health insurance companies spend more money buying politicians like Hillary than anyone.

You cannot and will not prove that.

You cannot prove that Hillary voted to support Big Pharma os insurance companies.

You cannot prove that Hillary voted to support Big Pharma os insurance companies.

Well...

Clinton tops 2016 field in drug industry donations

Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton has received more campaign cash from drug companies than any candidate in either party, even as she proudly declares the industry is one of her biggest enemies.

Clinton accepted $164,315 in the first six months of the campaign from drug companies, far more than the rest of the 2016 field, according to an analysis by Stat News.

Preventative care? For chronic conditions associated with lifestyle? Because that's where our healthcare dollars are being spent.

Unless you're going to force people to eat healthy, quit smoking and drinking, then preventative care isn't going to do much.

WTF do you think Preventative-Care IS????

It's ALL-ABOUT teaching people to LIVE healthier-lifestyles....so THEY AREN'T always in-need of medical-care!!!!

Do you have some kind of learning-disability....or, are you another of our schoolkids, here?

I don't have to prove it for me to believe it. I accept it on faith.

I mean, wasn't that Bernie Sanders whole campaign?

Just look at Obamacare. Do you think that worked out well for insurance companies? Did the dems pass it?

It isn't rocket science.

WTF do you think Preventative-Care IS????

It's ALL-ABOUT teaching people to LIVE healthier-lifestyles....so THEY AREN'T always in-need of medical-care!!!!

Do you have some kind of learning-disability....or, are you another of our schoolkids, here?

Are you saying people with diabetes are too stupid to know they don't eat healthy?

Preventative care isn't going to drive down the cost of healthy food.

People eat shit because it's cheap. It's why illegals get sick when they come here. The American diet is killing them.

Not because they're stupid like you think. It's because unhealthy food is cheaper and more available then healthy food.

I have health insurance. Always have. My preventative care is already inexpensive.

I have a pot belly despite that preventative care. Beer and donuts is a lot funnier to eat then fruits and vegetables.

We both know this. It's why you're attacking me as opposed to the substance of my post.

Sorry if it made you uncomfortable. Facts are just facts. Single payer is just a political money grab.

That's not how single payer works though. You don't get the money the govt. takes from you back after they don't use it on your healthcare. The govt. takes it and keeps the surplus.

What you want is actually health saving accounts.

Obamacare was designed to make the American voter want single payer.

In the meantime, it's been a big wet kiss to insurance companies from Obama and the democrats.

.....And, you....QUITE-obviously.....have no-fuckin'-idea how we GOT HERE!!!!!

Republicans INSISTED....the ONLY WAY they'd support the ACA, would be if INSURANCE COMPANIES WERE PART OF THE PLAN!!!

'Tis true.

That was the result (as usual) of BU$HCO's hu$tle/fuck-up......

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/07/17/1224486/-To-attack-Obamacare-Republicans-forget-the-lessons-of-Bush-s-Medicare-reform

I don't have to prove it for me to believe it. I accept it on faith.

That's the primary-problem, with you "conservatives".....your inability to differentiate between Beliefs & (actual) Knowledge.

http://shop.skeptic.com/merchant.mvc?&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SS&Product_Code=b144HB

Yeah, but do you want top notch healthcare or healthy people, because it's not the same thing.

I agree that separating money from politics would help us 100%.

If you were able to do so, keep health care/ health Insurrance lucrative enough to incentivize innovation, then for sure our "healthcare" would improve.

But wouldn't you rather have healthier people and more money in your pocket to spend on something other than someone else's diabetes?

the reason a health savings account healthcare system will never work is the same reason why we have social security. In your perfect world everyone saves for retirement and saves for their own failing health and pays out of their own pockets. In the real world and society you will have those that won't be able to save that kind of money for whatever reason and then we have a society where old people are freezing to death eating catfood from a can in some back alley, and you have sick people dying or watching their children die because they can't afford treatment for their childs leukemia.

You Cons speak so glibly of your sunshine and lollypops world as you ride your unicorns off into the sunset.

• Upvote 1

Insults directed at me by you aside, we're saying the same thing. You just haven't admitted that the surplus under single payer is kept by the govt.

O.K., how large WOULD the surplus be, each year???

groan.gif

Are you saying people with diabetes are too stupid to know they don't eat healthy?

Preventative care isn't going to drive down the cost of healthy food.

People eat shit because it's cheap. It's why illegals get sick when they come here. The American diet is killing them.

Not because they're stupid like you think. It's because unhealthy food is cheaper and more available then healthy food.

I have health insurance. Always have. My preventative care is already inexpensive.

I have a pot belly despite that preventative care. Beer and donuts is a lot funnier to eat then fruits and vegetables.

We both know this. It's why you're attacking me as opposed to the substance of my post.

Sorry if it made you uncomfortable. Facts are just facts.

Gee.....how profound.....while all you offer are allusions....based on Faith. wanking.gif

.....And, you....QUITE-obviously.....have no-fuckin'-idea how we GOT HERE!!!!!

Republicans INSISTED....the ONLY WAY they'd support the ACA, would be if INSURANCE COMPANIES WERE PART OF THE PLAN!!!

I most definitely do know how we got here, thanks for asking.

I don't think one group of politicians is all good and the other group of politicians is all bad like you probably do.

I think politicians are like people in general. Some are good and some are bad in all political parties.

That said, the dems didn't need republican buy in to pass Obamacare and Hillary already said she's keeping it so I'm not sure why you trust democrats anymore than you trust republicans.

I guess you've just been primed by the media to prejudge republicans as greedy, bigoted, white men.

That's the primary-problem, with you "conservatives".....your inability to differentiate between Beliefs & (actual) Knowledge.

http://shop.skeptic.com/merchant.mvc?&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SS&Product_Code=b144HB

I'm not a conservative. My mind is completely open to new ideas and new ways of looking at things.

the reason a health savings account healthcare system will never work is the same reason why we have social security. In your perfect world everyone saves for retirement and saves for their own failing health and pays out of their own pockets. In the real world and society you will have those that won't be able to save that kind of money for whatever reason and then we have a society where old people are freezing to death eating catfood from a can in some back alley, and you have sick people dying or watching their children die because they can't afford treatment for their childs leukemia.

You Cons speak so glibly of your sunshine and lollypops world as you ride your unicorns off into the sunset.

The reason why we have social security is because we didn't like the idea of old ladies fending for themselves after their husbands died.

We didn't have the horror scenarios you listed before Obamacare, after Obamacare, or before even Insurrance. That's a myth.

And even know you didn't ask, no I didn't say people should be left on their own to save in Health Savings Accounts.

What I said is if your goal is lower costs and better services then the govt. should mandate that people pay into their own Health Savings Accounts.

Single Payer results in higher costs for consumers, longer wait times, and poorer service. Outcomes are the same only cancer mortality is increased.

Instead of insurance companies getting rich the politicians will.

That's what I said. Sorry if reading it upset you. Thems just the facts though.

O.K., how large WOULD the surplus be, each year???

groan.gif

Gee.....how profound.....while all you offer are allusions....based on Faith. wanking.gif

How large would what surplus be?

With health savings accounts that could be given away at will, the surplus would be huge until people started selling them off.

With single payer, it would make the govt. richer than the insurance companies.

The main difference between the two is that health savings accounts would likely improve overall health of Americans and would put more money in more Americans pockets.

This thought is scary to liberals especially milleneals because their outlook isn't so good. The idea of self reliance is scary for people dependent on the collective.

It takes a village to raise a child. Especially a 23 year old, college graduate child with no job living at home.

Hey, maybe you are correct. Let's sell off all the highways and let individuals make every road a toll road. That way we could fight communism every time we drive to the store to get groceries. And just think how much cheaper the roads would be. I just hope the government in its wisdom gives me some of those highways.

Lolol!! Black and white "thinking" is never confused for sophistication.

Please try again

You love the smell of slavery in YOUR morning! Lol!