Did anyone catch Obama's monologue at the White House correspondents' dinner? "You could choose steak or fish, but a surprising number of people wrote in Paul Ryan. You may not like ... steak or fish ... but that's your choice." He was really funny. ?

There was one dig at Clinton, where he said that he was late because he was on CPT, which stands for "jokes white people shouldn't make".

He joked about Sanders, saying he looked like a million bucks, or 37,000 donations of $27 dollars each.

But his best lines were about the Republicans. After he leaves office, he's going to make a ton of money giving speeches, and he'll be very good at it.

Haha his speech was funny. I'll miss Obama

But at least you have Trudeau. (Who got a mention in Obama's routine.)

Edit to add: it's hard for me to write Trudeau and mean Justin. I still think (and miss) Pierre Elliot.

He has great comedic timing

Spycar, I love your new avatar. :D

Edit to add: it's hard for me to write Trudeau and mean Justin. I still think (and miss) Pierre Elliot.

Thank you. Variation on a theme I've used for decades.

Bill

But at least you have Trudeau. (Who got a mention in Obama's routine.)

Haha... yeah I saw Obama making fun of him. Trudeau isn't as funny as Obama, though, or his father. Maybe he will be after he spends more time in office and has to deal with the rest of Parliament, and the public. :lol:

Trudeau showed promise

Yes. He can listen to complicated summaries from scientists, and show that he understands what he heard, at a clever layman's level. You can't expect more, he's not a physicist.

That's so much better than politicians who pretend not to believe in science, pandering for the votes of ignorant religious extremists. http://www.salon.com/2015/02/11/evolution_and_the_gops_2016_candidates_a_complet_guide/

Yes. He can listen to complicated summaries from scientists, and show that he understands what he heard, at a clever layman's level. You can't expect more, he's not a physicist.

That's so much better than politicians who pretend not to believe in science, pandering for the votes of ignorant religious extremists. http://www.salon.com/2015/02/11/evolution_and_the_gops_2016_candidates_a_complet_guide/

I certainly agree with your point (which really is the more important consideration, in that having a leader who can grasp complex ideas at at least a level of cleverness is a good quality); however, I was just thinking of the PMs "comedic timing." Trudeau was not only able to give a pretty fair answer, he drew some big laughs in the process.

Bill