Dementia comedy....Actor changes mind........

Will Ferrell has backed out of a comedy about Ronald Reagan’s struggle with Alzheimer’s disease following outrage from the former president’s family.

The 48-year-old comic confirmed Friday that while he had seen the script and considered signing on to star and produce “Reagan”, he was no longer going ahead with the project.

A spokesperson for Will said, “The REAGAN script is one of a number of scripts that had been submitted to Will Ferrell which he had considered. While it is by no means a ‘Alzheimer’s comedy’ as has been suggested, Mr. Ferrell is not pursuing this project.”

Entertainment industry bible Variety reported on Wednesday that Ferrell was attached to star as President Reagan in the comedy, which begins at the start of the president’s second term when he begins suffering from dementia. An intern is tasked with convincing the commander-in-chief that he is an actor playing the president in a movie. Ferrell was also set to produce the political comedy, they added.

But the move infuriated Reagan’s family. His daughter Patti Davis told Page Six, “here’s nothing funny about Alzheimer’s. It is terrifying for the families of those who suffer from it. They live with the fear [of] what will change next, they have to live with this terror and grief every day. This movie is cruel, not just to my father, but to the millions of people who have the disease, and the millions more who care for them and watch them suffer every day.”

It is important to maintain Reagan's status as a God. Who ever heard of a comedy about God? We can't even pretend that Reagan was less than Omnipotent. Who cares if Reagan committed treason against the United States. If he did, it made us a better nation. If it lead to bush and 9/11 so what? If it destroyed the middle class, those people were losers anyway. It's only the rich that matter. Remember Reagan made Greed fashionable.

• Downvote 1

Will Ferrell has backed out of a comedy about Ronald Reagan’s struggle with Alzheimer’s disease following outrage from the former president’s family.

The 48-year-old comic confirmed Friday that while he had seen the script and considered signing on to star and produce “Reagan”, he was no longer going ahead with the project.

A spokesperson for Will said, “The REAGAN script is one of a number of scripts that had been submitted to Will Ferrell which he had considered. While it is by no means a ‘Alzheimer’s comedy’ as has been suggested, Mr. Ferrell is not pursuing this project.”

Entertainment industry bible Variety reported on Wednesday that Ferrell was attached to star as President Reagan in the comedy, which begins at the start of the president’s second term when he begins suffering from dementia. An intern is tasked with convincing the commander-in-chief that he is an actor playing the president in a movie. Ferrell was also set to produce the political comedy, they added.

But the move infuriated Reagan’s family. His daughter Patti Davis told Page Six, “here’s nothing funny about Alzheimer’s. It is terrifying for the families of those who suffer from it. They live with the fear [of] what will change next, they have to live with this terror and grief every day. This movie is cruel, not just to my father, but to the millions of people who have the disease, and the millions more who care for them and watch them suffer every day.”

I heard Chris Rock is now going to star in it.........J Lo is in casting to play Nancy..... :D

It is important to maintain Reagan's status as a God. Who ever heard of a comedy about God? We can't even pretend that Reagan was less than Omnipotent. Who cares if Reagan committed treason against the United States. If he did, it made us a better nation. If it lead to bush and 9/11 so what? If it destroyed the middle class, those people were losers anyway. It's only the rich that matter. Remember Reagan made Greed fashionable.

It has nothing to do about Reagan being a God..

It has to do with making a comedy about a terrible disease..

The left and Hollywood doesn't care about Reagan....

Can you figure out why he backed out then?

Ha. Reagan screwing school children out of real vegetables. Thanks for bringing it up.

Not many care about that corrupt fool who ran the WH under secrecy of his dementia.

Then why did the actor pull out?

Maybe because it was just bad taste in the first place?

Then why did the actor pull out?

Maybe because it was just bad taste in the first place?

Who cares why he pulled out?

Reagan's dementia while in office has already been documented

Ya know who else pulled out ?

Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato have been added to the list of performers refusing to play in bigoted NC... As the toll rises to lost billions in revenue for the state.

Way to shoot yourselves in the foot, jerks.

I thought this boycott was going away?

Lmao

Who cares why he pulled out?

Reagan's dementia while in office has already been documented

Ya know who else pulled out ?

Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato have been added to the list of performers refusing to play in bigoted NC... As the toll rises to lost billions in revenue for the state.

Way to shoot yourselves in the foot, jerks.

I thought this boycott was going away?

Lmao

In the future i hope they make a homosexual film about obama,, because he sure as shit is a filthy cocksucking nlgger and a loser... the whole movie will be about homo sex and lying

It has to do with making a comedy about a terrible disease...

" I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful. "- Bob Hope

I despised Reagan and still do, but there is no way I see paying $10 to see this film.

Perhaps he withdrew because this film was thought unlikely to make money,

I don't see moviegoing as a valid act of revenge.

I have watched a couple of Ferrell's films on DVDs I bought at yard sales. Elf was the best,

There are funnier actors,in my opinion. Michael Moore among them.

Pelosi is not famous enough to get people to see a film about her.

Trump's impending crashing defeat, however, might make a really funny comedy.