Sign in to follow this  
rightturnsonly

What does not having health insurance make me guilty of?

Actually the quote DOES hold water. When (and for all of us it's a matter of when, not if, for all of us) you become sick with a major illness (such as heart attack, stroke or dancer) or are severely injured in an accident, you will be unlikely to be able to pay all your medical bills. Your health care providers will make up the loss with higher charges to paying patients and their insurers.

If we are all going to become sick with a major illness that we cannot pay for, then there is no scheme on God's green Earth that CAN pay for it.

A lot of people "refusing" to pay hospital bills? Between the rich and the poor, who is most likely to "refuse" to pay a hospital bill?

that's is the point of insurance.

If your rich you don't need it.

With Obamacare on the chopping block, I suppose I should be changing the title to :

What did, not having health insurance make me guilty of?

There hasn't been an answer so far, guess that makes the answer to my question 'nothing'.

It made you guilty of not buying a product that the federal imperial government required you to have. Therefore you shall be fined.

Here's a problem... I had a friend go in for an MRI. First off, there are no prices posted for this anywhere. When he asked how much it would be, their question to him was "Will this be insurance or self-pay?" He said insurance. Their response was $4000 with a $100 co-pay. He then asked how much without insurance and they said $180

WTF?!?!?

There's your problem. Because it's some giant insurance organization that is paying with other peoples money, the cost was more than 22 times what it would be paying individually. Ridiculous.

The knee-jerk authoritarian answer is, "guilty of breaking the law".

What does breaking that law make me guilty of?

YOU'RE GUILTY

You're guilty of violating the ACA (aka Obamcare) by not having health insurance (pay the fine when you do your taxes).

You're guilty of theft of medical services, possibly. People without insurance use $billions$ in medical care and don't pay for it.

Breaking the law makes you guilty of being racist, because Obama is black-enough and you seem to disagree with him on the ACA.

Just commit a crime and you can have all the free health insurance you need, in jail. Not sarcasm. Experience>

lmao, if you think jail provides quality healthcare than you obviously haven't been to jail.

literally, every single medical problem you have in jail, nurses just prescribe you wellbutrin (maybe tylenol 3 if you're suffering from a stab or gunshot wound) or prescribe you an antifungal cream (even if you don't have athlete's foot). that's the extensive quality of care you can expect from your jail nurse. and that's if your medical kite even gets responded to within 72 hours.

What does breaking that law make me guilty of?

As MrFive has explained to me.. If you don't get a refund then you don't have to pay the Obama Care Penalty

Do your own withholding

As MrFive has explained to me.. If you don't get a refund then you don't have to pay the Obama Care Penalty

Do your own withholding

Doesn't answer my question.

Just sent in my taxes and there are numerous exemptions from the Obamacare penalty tax. Bet you didn't know there was a religious exemption.

YOU'RE GUILTY

You're guilty of violating the ACA (aka Obamcare) by not having health insurance (pay the fine when you do your taxes).

You're guilty of theft of medical services, possibly. People without insurance use $billions$ in medical care and don't pay for it.

Breaking the law makes you guilty of being racist, because Obama is black-enough and you seem to disagree with him on the ACA.

Guilty, possibly? It's just so wonderful to be deemed guilty because of a possibility. At this point it would seem that what one is guilty of for not purchasing health insurance, without circling back to "it's the law", or outlandish claims of racism, simply cannot explained. Therefore, I conclude that that "guilt" does not exist, and the government fining a person for not having purchasing health insurance, simply condenses down to THEFT.

Little Barry SkidMark took the finest health care system in the world and turned it into just another pile of government shit. The only thing that boy can do is be a drug using gay, Kenyan muzzie.

On July 15, 2017 at 1:47 PM, SwampDog said:

WOW This is a strange question. I guess we will know soon enough.

It's a question that should be asked more often.   "Because one is guilty of breaking the law", is no justification for penalizing an individual for breaking that particular law.

On 4/11/2016 at 7:58 AM, rightturnsonly said:

What does breaking that law make me guilty of?[/quote]

Nothing.  This isn't really a matter of breaking the law.  In a roundabout way, you have a form insurance in that you can now develop a medical condition and then go buy insurance for it, and the company has to cover the treatment for your medical problem.  The penalty, or tax, or shared responsibility payment, or whatever you want to call it, in a way that is your required payment for this de facto coverage that you have (even though you didn't ask for it).  Society essentially "insures" you no matter what you want to do, because a vast majority of society doesn't tolerate deprivation of health care.

It amazes me that we seem to have plenty of money to spend on bombs, guns, and anything that the US can show the rest of the world and beat our chests. But we cannot take care of our people through health care.

On 8/29/2018 at 3:37 AM, pwkbirdie56 said:

It amazes me that we seem to have plenty of money to spend on bombs, guns, and anything that the US can show the rest of the world and beat our chests. But we cannot take care of our people through health care.

Not that amazing really.  It has always been easier to destroy than to create.  Learned that from Star Trek II : The Wrath of Kahn.

9 hours ago, rightturnsonly said:

Not that amazing really.  It has always been easier to destroy than to create.  Learned that from Star Trek II : The Wrath of Kahn.

Sure seems that way. Hate seems to be more fun.

On 4/22/2019 at 12:35 PM, pwkbirdie56 said:

Sure seems that way. Hate seems to be more fun.

What are you talking about, there is no hate involved in dispassionately killing another human being?  We simply don't want to make the effort involved in caring for them when they show up and disrupt our way of life.

On 4/23/2019 at 6:50 PM, rightturnsonly said:

What are you talking about, there is no hate involved in dispassionately killing another human being?  We simply don't want to make the effort involved in caring for them when they show up and disrupt our way of life.

So if not hate, then at least selfishness.  When enough to kill another human being, however dispassionately it may be, it is the most extreme kind of selfishness.

And if selfishness implies a lack of brotherly love, is it right to define hate as a lack of brotherly love?  Do I make too many assumptions?  Or does it make sense?

1 hour ago, BelieveInGod said:

So if not hate, then at least selfishness.  When enough to kill another human being, however dispassionately it may be, it is the most extreme kind of selfishness.

And if selfishness implies a lack of brotherly love, is it right to define hate as a lack of brotherly love?  Do I make too many assumptions?  Or does it make sense?

You make some sense, but "brotherly love" and "selfishness" are not mutually exclusive choices.  Surely with a handle BelieveinGod, you are aware that we are both saint and sinner at the same time.  They are also terms we use to "judge" others behavior and/or actions.  An example would be if when asked, you choose to give money toward another person's plight.  You give nothing, you could certainly be viewed as being selfish.  You give everything you have, you would certainly earn the title "brotherly lover".   What of everything betwixt those two extremes?   Brotherly lover or selfish human?  Saint or sinner?  

BTW, I do believe there is redemption for the "most extreme kind of selfishness".  That path begins with, "My God, what have I done?" (also a Star Trek quote with no "Bones".)

Why aren't we free to choose what to insure and what not to? Maybe I cannot afford to insure my life or I don't see the need, why should the gouvernment force me to do it? I know that it's part of the economy but still, to think about, if I don't get a house insurance and my house gets destroyed, who's gonna pay for it? The gouvernment? No, it's gonna be me. I'll pay for my mistake. The same should be with the car and the health insurance. I'm not a person that goes immediately to the doctor when gets ill because I have only two disease stages:" it will pass" and "I'm f*ucked". The house insurance is useful as the house is our greatest investment. The last time that I used it was because of some problems with the septic tank (https://homeownersinsurancecover.net/septic-tank-damage/ was useful). About the car insurance I can't say anything because I don't have one. 

On 8/5/2019 at 2:10 PM, brainstorm21 said:

Why aren't we free to choose what to insure and what not to? Maybe I cannot afford to insure my life or I don't see the need, why should the gouvernment force me to do it? I know that it's part of the economy but still, to think about, if I don't get a house insurance and my house gets destroyed, who's gonna pay for it? The gouvernment? No, it's gonna be me. I'll pay for my mistake. The same should be with the car and the health insurance. I'm not a person that goes immediately to the doctor when gets ill because I have only two disease stages:" it will pass" and "I'm f*ucked". The house insurance is useful as the house is our greatest investment. The last time that I used it was because of some problems with the septic tank (https://homeownersinsurancecover.net/septic-tank-damage/ was useful). About the car insurance I can't say anything because I don't have one. 

Interesting, but did they asked you if you want or not a car insurance?