laripu

If Hilary is the nominee.....

When Al Franken vacated his radio job as left wing talking head and got elected to the Senate, I expected him to be a dominant force. Since then, he's had a very good left wing voting record but relatively quiet.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/108924/al-franken/?p=1#.VwBdGkcXdH8

In the few interviews I've seen on TV, his oratory skills were mediocre for a senator. A good vice president has to be able to back up the president in a highly effective way. Franken is probably not the best person for the job.

It will be very interesting to see who Hillary picks if she goes all the way.

If Hillary is the candidate, she would need someone to push her to the left. Perhaps Jill Stein?

I think no let him stay where he does the most good and I hate removing senate members especially after what happen when ted passed away.

Currently, the names Corey Booker and Julian Castro have been leaked by the Clinton campaign.

I eagerly await Republicans asking for Castro's birth certificate if he's on the ticket. Probably with comparisons to Fidel, because that's how they work.

No one is going to push her to the left if Hillary becomes the nominee. That's the whole problem.

I was hoping Bernie would push her to the left. So far no movement at all. You are correct, no one is going to push her to the left, thus I will vote for Jill Stein.

Since the democratic party is maintaining its corporate support in opposition to the people I suggest :

Jill Stein:

"My Power to the People Plan creates deep system change, moving from the greed and exploitation of corporate capitalism to a human-centered economy that puts people, planet and peace over profit.

It offers direct answers to the economic, social, and ecological crises brought on by both corporate political parties. And it empowers the American people to fix our broken political system and make real the promise of democracy.

This plan will end unemployment and poverty; avert climate catastrophe; build a sustainable, just economy; and recognize the dignity and human rights of everyone in our society and our world. The power to create this new world is not in our hopes, it’s not in our dreams - it’s in our hands.”

Voting for Jill Stein is as stupid and counter-productive as when asshats voted for the narcissist Ralph Nader, and helped get George W Bush (s)elected.

Albert Einstein once said, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Voting for Jill Stein (who has zero possibility of winning) is insane.

Hillary Clinton is a liberal progressive who will make a far superior president than any Republican you may help get elected.

Bill

Hillary is not progressive. And that's the problem. She's a war-hawk who supports wall street. Voting for Jill Stein at the very least sends the message to Democrats that we're tired of what they trot out there, and we're not afraid to leave the party behind.

When Al Franken vacated his radio job as left wing talking head and got elected to the Senate, I expected him to be a dominant force. Since then, he's had a very good left wing voting record but relatively quiet.

In the few interviews I've seen on TV, his oratory skills were mediocre for a senator. A good vice president has to be able to back up the president in a highly effective way. Franken is probably not the best person for the job.

I've thought about this for a bit. Franken has stayed quiet because he needed to persuade the rest of the Senate and the Minnesota public that he's a serious senator and not a comedian anymore.

But in fact, he was a comedian, and therefore can play parts, and could certainly pull off the part of orator if he wanted to. That's really just lines (which is what writers are for) and patterns of emphasis (which is what speaking and acting coaches are for).

I'll bet that once he gets geared up for that role, he'll be able to do it better than Hillary Clinton. She's a lot better than she was 8 years ago, though. Guess she's been working with people.

On the other hand, what I think Clinton will need is a VP choice that will bring the Sanders people back in. Franken maybe won't do that. Maybe Elizabeth Warren would?

Another advantage to having a ticket with two women on it is that it would certainly make Trump say a lot of stupid stuff that would alienate many voters of both genders. Probably menopause jokes, maybe worse.

For many of us Elizabeth Warren would be a dream pick. I think it could certainly help heal a Clinton-Sander divide, and Warren's expertise and cool-headed intelligence in matters of financial regulation is something the country needs right now. Clinton has the executive chops in other areas, this would shore up a soft-spot. I'd be happy.

Doubt it happens.

My best guess is Booker. Maybe even Biden.

Bill

At this point, the only thing that will heal the divide will be her *actually* moving to the left. If she will end fracking and lay down her war-hawk stance, if she will put people before corporations, and if she will work for single-payer healthcare and for the environment, if she will promise to at least make the attempt and be sincere about it, I might be willing to vote for her. But I don't see any of that happening.

Yes, I used to listen to Al Franken's radio show, it was very well done. Now, Al's stuck in the pit where nothing good ever seems to get done. Well of course, that's a real statement of the problems we face. The congress don't work because the vandals sucked its value away. The vandals are the right-wing jerks Al used to call out one by one. Now that he's a senator, well, I guess he's doing the best job the lack of support from the liberal wing of voters has afforded him.

Yeah, it is the money. And Yeah, it corrupts!

Peace!

Oh, for goodness, she should pick Sanders for the Senate power arm we need.