Freedom, Some Just Dont Understand (Part 1)

Few things come along with freedom that people cant seem to wrap thier minds around

Discrimination and freedom of association is key to freedom

State sponsored is NOT

Lets make that crystal clear

But lets say a small business owner who is not incorporated, never chartered for incorporating,doesnt have a charter pending and doesn't get any kind of subsidies from the state or feds then that person can hire and deal with whoever they want

If they dont want gun owners in thier business, ok

They dont want commies in,ok

Whites, ok

Blacks, ok

Right on down the line

They can even say no gingers allowed if they want

Thats thier right

Its wrong and ugly and i would boycott such places

That's where it ends

They dont have to do business with anybody they dont want for any reason they choose

In a free society these people would not be forced out of business by any law or by government at any level for discrimination

Its ugly but that's the way it should be

Am i wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YOU ARE RIGHT,BUT IF YOU THINK A LIBERAL ON THE PLANET IS GOING TO SUGGEST WE BE FREE,YOU`D BE WRONG

Few things come along with freedom that people cant seem to wrap thier minds around Discrimination and freedom of association is key to freedom State sponsored is NOT Lets make that crystal clear

Few things come along with freedom that people cant seem to wrap thier minds around

State sponsored is NOT

But lets say a small business owner who is not incorporated, never chartered for incorporating,doesnt have a charter pending and doesn't get any kind of subsidies from the state or feds then that person can hire and deal with whoever they want

Whites, ok

Blacks, ok

Right on down the line

Thats thier right

That's where it ends

They dont have to do business with anybody they dont want for any reason they choose

In a free society these people would not be forced out of business by any law or by government at any level for discrimination

Am i wrong?

YOU ARE RIGHT,BUT IF YOU THINK A LIBERAL ON THE PLANET IS GOING TO SUGGEST WE BE FREE,YOU`D BE WRONG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Having a business is not a "right". Nowhere in the constitution does it say "the right to own a business shall not be infringed".

Liberals don't discriminate based on any factor other than if someone is being disruptive or belligerant. It has to do with society. No one is a walking fucking "do what I want".

Anyone who thinks that is what America is about can eat me.

Move to Russia.

A libertarian is a republican. They just don't have the balls to call themselves what they are.

Having a business is not a "right". Nowhere in the constitution does it say "the right to own a business shall not be infringed".

Liberals don't discriminate based on any factor other than if someone is being disruptive or belligerant. It has to do with society. No one is a walking fucking "do what I want".

Anyone who thinks that is what America is about can eat me.

Move to Russia.

A libertarian is a republican. They just don't have the balls to call themselves what they are.

anything that was relevant in this thread just went down the DRAINO

State sponsored is NOT

Whites, ok

Blacks, ok

Right on down the line

Thats thier right

That's where it ends

Am i wrong?

When you discriminate you deprive someone else of the equal right to freedom ( or like liberty ). When you go into business to profit what you do has implications for others in society which is where the marketplace exist. To deprive others of the right to choose as consumers or producers on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status is not conducive to freedom for every individual. Civil Rights and non discrimination laws are built on this premise.

When you discriminate you deprive someone else of the equal right to freedom ( or like liberty ). When you go into business to profit what you do has implications for others in society which is where the marketplace exist. To deprive others of the right to choose as consumers or producers on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status is not conducive to freedom for every individual. Civil Rights and non discrimination laws are built on this premise.

What are you talking about? Freedom of choice is nowhere in the constitution. Just go somewhere else if someone tells you no service. It's not that hard.

What are you talking about? Freedom of choice is nowhere in the constitution. Just go somewhere else if someone tells you no service. It's not that hard.

If you say there is no freedom of choice in the constitution then there is no basis for rights or liberties in the document. No privacy rights, no freedom of expression, no freedom of speech, worship, or association. All these things reflect individual choices. Liberty and freedom always imply a choice. We tend to think of liberty as noninterference with the individual by government and society. However if a person is unable to choose how can we talk about liberty in any meaningful way. Its not that hard but you fall short.

That makes no sense

You cant force somebody to do business or associate with somebody they dont want to

I dont see how you could force that upon someone

We premise our society on the equal right to freedom of every person. You have no more right to liberty or freedom than me or vice versa. You can choose to do business or not do business with whoever but you can't discriminate on the basis of things like race that's the limit on the basis of equality in society. Remember the marketplace is socially constructed.

Too bad you're too stupid to grasp very, very simple concepts, huh duckypoo?

DRAINO HAS SERVED 15 YEARS MOPPING THE FLOOR AT HOME DEPOT PART TIME...WE SHOULD ALL TAKE HIM VERY SERIOUSLY...

HE SERIOUSLY WORKS AT HOME DEPOT,,,IM NOT KIDDING....

SO HE KNOWS ABOUT LOTSA STUFF

We premise our society on the equal right to freedom of every person. You have no more right to liberty or freedom than me or vice versa. You can choose to do business or not do business with whoever but you can't discriminate on the basis of things like race that's the limit on the basis of equality in society. Remember the marketplace is socially constructed.

why cant i?

If that's the case then no, i cant do business with whoever i want

I dont want to do business with people from Colombia

You are saying yes i do

How is that whoever i want?

why cant i?

If that's the case then no, i cant do business with whoever i want

I dont want to do business with people from Colombia

You are saying yes i do

How is that whoever i want?

Notice the key word in my response is limit. The other one is equality. To prevent harm and ensure like liberty no one is free to do everything or anything in a social setting with other people. All rights exist within some limits. We can think about this in another way. Most libertarians and conservatives would say we should enforce contracts among parties. What if someone you have a contract with wants back out or cancel the contract not according to previously agreed upon terms for when, why, or how an agreement can be voided ? The party who violates the terms could say they have the freedom to change their minds and do whatever they want and no terms of contract are binding. I'm going to say I think you would disagree with this.

You cant force somebody to do business or associate with somebody they dont want to

Yes, you suree as Hell can. The law, in fact DOES say that you can. It is what the law should say.

If you have a public business, you are not allowed to discriminate in any arbitrary way.

Refusing to allow people to enter your business with loaded weapons is, of course, legal, because weapons pose a threat.

Refusing to serve Blacks, or Colombians, or women is NOT legal, because they do not constitute a threat to the owner or other customers.

I dont see how you could force that upon someone.

I see how you can. You simply cancel their permit to operate a business. You send the cops and shut them down.

Have you failed to notice that the signs that declared "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" have disappeared?

\

There is a reason for that. The signs have no validity.

You appear to be some sort of racist and bigot. This country is based on equality for everyone. You are some sort of throwback to the Know Nothing Party of the 1840's

State sponsored is NOT

Whites, ok

Blacks, ok

Right on down the line

Thats thier right

That's where it ends

Am i wrong?

Freedom from what? Social interpretation or specific genetic displacement in this atmosphere?

Got a lot of philosophical and psychological divide and conquer in your categorical post.

Boycott? How about just shop somewhere else. Boycotts usually include picketing and political activism, media attention.

I read a lot of "our" way or no way in your post here.

State sponsored is NOT

Whites, ok

Blacks, ok

Right on down the line

Thats thier right

That's where it ends

Am i wrong?

Well, perhaps you don't remember segregation,Jim Crow? There was ALSO other aspects of bias and bigotry. If you open to do BUSINESS with the public in general....there's various rules. This ain't Bundy land. This ain't Alabama in 1952.

I do not CHERISH as an American Freedom the RIGHT to deny FREEDOMS to other Americans based on whichever hate thing.

It's totally BOGUS to demand the freedom to DENY freedoms,rights. Often.. it's also illegal. To live in this large, mostly civilized nation we have to deal with the trade offs. Those unable to deal with a diverse society,a society with rules.. can relocate to remote places where they have minimal social interaction, little "footprint". There's places in the middle of nowhere that you'd seldom see any People and even less likely see anyone black,jewish,gay...and you probably rarely encounter any aspect of Government.

Sure you should be able to discriminate if you want. Good call native.

People DO "discriminate" but there's LIMITS. If I open a public business...I have to KNOW what is okay. For instance...a restaurant....I need to pass building codes,health codes,safety codes. I may need a business permit. I have to hire people legally employable. I can't grope the waitress. I can't assault people. I need a liscence to sell liquor,which I can't sell to minors. In most places, can't allow smoking. I can't discriminate. Period. At least not when it comes to customers. I CAN eject or ban someone based on bad behavior. In HIRING... there's actually quite a bit of latitude. You can have issues when it comes to firing. If you don't like the rules.. play another game. Be a self employed plumber with no employees.

People DO "discriminate" but there's LIMITS. If I open a public business...I have to KNOW what is okay. For instance...a restaurant....I need to pass building codes,health codes,safety codes. I may need a business permit. I have to hire people legally employable. I can't grope the waitress. I can't assault people. I need a liscence to sell liquor,which I can't sell to minors. In most places, can't allow smoking. I can't discriminate. Period. At least not when it comes to customers. I CAN eject or ban someone based on bad behavior. In HIRING... there's actually quite a bit of latitude. You can have issues when it comes to firing. If you don't like the rules.. play another game. Be a self employed plumber with no employees.

Making choices to which side one takes politically is defined separate from academically split away from spiritually, divided economically and demonstrated artistically to each ancestor added in this atmosphere to save society of their ancestry's misdirection.

Beware the power of vocabulary as it is usually used to create misconceptions of what is real and really specifically displaced.

Too bad you're too stupid to grasp very, very simple concepts, huh duckypoo?

Says the guy who has never been right on here...

If you say there is no freedom of choice in the constitution then there is no basis for rights or liberties in the document. No privacy rights, no freedom of expression, no freedom of speech, worship, or association. All these things reflect individual choices. Liberty and freedom always imply a choice. We tend to think of liberty as noninterference with the individual by government and society. However if a person is unable to choose how can we talk about liberty in any meaningful way. Its not that hard but you fall short.

You're really trying to compare going shopping to exercising assembly and speech rights?

That's ludicrous. Just another excuse liberals come up with to force people to do things they may not wanna do. Gotta justify it somehow.

Yes, you suree as Hell can. The law, in fact DOES say that you can. It is what the law should say.

If you have a public business, you are not allowed to discriminate in any arbitrary way.

Refusing to allow people to enter your business with loaded weapons is, of course, legal, because weapons pose a threat.

Refusing to serve Blacks, or Colombians, or women is NOT legal, because they do not constitute a threat to the owner or other customers.

I dont see how you could force that upon someone.

I see how you can. You simply cancel their permit to operate a business. You send the cops and shut them down.

Have you failed to notice that the signs that declared "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" have disappeared?

\

There is a reason for that. The signs have no validity.

You appear to be some sort of racist and bigot. This country is based on equality for everyone. You are some sort of throwback to the Know Nothing Party of the 1840's

What are your other favorite ways to control people?