21 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I am really okay with the ninth district, where Trump won by 11 points in 2016, but Bishop won by only by 2 points last night.

You won't hear that on Fox News.

Plus it's gerrymandered.

Many many black districts in the southern states are gerrymandered to give Democrats the benefit - especially in urban areas.

Just now, Skans said:

Many many black districts in the southern states are gerrymandered to give Democrats the benefit - especially in urban areas.

The courts ruled on the NC map. So that is where you take your case. The lines are being redrawn for state legislature now. I am not aware of their plans for U.S. House districts yet.

Republicans may have just spent 8 million protecting an R+8 and R+12 district though and that is telling.

3 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

The courts ruled on the NC map. So that is where you take your case. The lines are being redrawn for state legislature now. I am not aware of their plans for U.S. House districts yet.

Republicans may have just spent 8 million protecting an R+8 and R+12 district though and that is telling.

I know very well how gerrymandering works.  It is allowed to a small degree, but can be defeated in the courts depending on the circumstances.  It's just that you rarely see any gerrymandered black districts defeated in the courts, while they are much worse than any white gerrymandered district.  I believe this is tied (but I'm not positive about this) to federal legislation requiring integration of blacks in the south - so they get away with ridiculous gerrymandering, which only helps the Democrat party.  My point is, this too should be illegal.

3 minutes ago, Skans said:

I know very well how gerrymandering works.  It is allowed to a small degree, but can be defeated in the courts depending on the circumstances.  It's just that you rarely see any gerrymandered black districts defeated in the courts, while they are much worse than any white gerrymandered district.  I believe this is tied (but I'm not positive about this) to federal legislation requiring integration of blacks in the south - so they get away with ridiculous gerrymandering, which only helps the Democrat party.  My point is, this too should be illegal.

If you can show me an example that would be helpful to me. I know NC is an example of blacks being denied representation and has been ruled illegal and will be redrawn, possibly including the U.S. House districts.

Just now, WillFranklin said:

If you can show me an example that would be helpful to me. I know NC is an example of blacks being denied representation and has been ruled illegal and will be redrawn, possibly including the U.S. House districts.

Fulton County, Georgia.

583-fulton-county-georgia.jpg

4 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I need more than that. I will be glad to look.

Look at the map I posted above.

Here's one that existed in Florida for decades benefiting blacks - I think that one has recently been curtailed....some. 

district5.png

8 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

not in my part of NC shilly, sorry you liberals are so crooked and liars!!!

52 minutes ago, Skans said:

Look at the map I posted above.

Here's one that existed in Florida for decades benefiting blacks - I think that one has recently been curtailed....some. 

district5.png

Was a court challenge upheld on a statewide redistricting process, the whole thing being proven illegal?

37 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Was a court challenge upheld on a statewide redistricting process, the whole thing being proven illegal?

In the Florida case, I don't recall.  I do believe the district has been adjusted somewhat, or split.  I thought it was done legislatively.   But, that wasn't really the point.  You asked for some examples, and I plucked a couple that I was aware of without doing any research.

57 minutes ago, Skans said:

In the Florida case, I don't recall.  I do believe the district has been adjusted somewhat, or split.  I thought it was done legislatively.   But, that wasn't really the point.  You asked for some examples, and I plucked a couple that I was aware of without doing any research.

I just find North Carolina to be a complete statewide example, so such is far worse even if your example is proven to be racial gerrymandering, and the courts acted accordingly.

I hate not being represented. My district flipped due to the redistricting change and my representative ignores my main issues.

2 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

I just find North Carolina to be a complete statewide example, so such is far worse even if your example is proven to be racial gerrymandering, and the courts acted accordingly.

I hate not being represented. My district flipped due to the redistricting change and my representative ignores my main issues.

because you are a liberal asswipe

Republicans in the NC House held an unannounced override of the Governor's budget veto while Democrats were at 9/11 ceremonies.

22 minutes ago, WillFranklin said:

Republicans in the NC House held an unannounced override of the Governor's budget veto while Democrats were at 9/11 ceremonies.

LMFAO so it is their right!!!!!

2 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

crybaby2.jpg

Ha!

51 minutes ago, Blue Devil said:

Ha!

LOL. Hey buddy.

There's a district redraw on here in NC. LOL!

Court ordered.

Public view.

Just now, WillFranklin said:

LOL. Hey buddy.

There's a district redraw on here in NC. LOL!

Court ordered.

Public view.

Still not going to help you liberal asswipes lol. I guess it is ok for liberals to gerrymander but no one else!!!

Something the Democrats could have said last night is that Obama's last eleven quarters average 2.6% GDP growth and Trump is not going to make that with his first eleven quarters.

21 hours ago, WillFranklin said:

Something the Democrats could have said last night is that Obama's last eleven quarters average 2.6% GDP growth and Trump is not going to make that with his first eleven quarters.

Nobody can argue that

Okay I am back.

I still rule on the economic debate.

Rich Clem, who has abandoned here and trolls at the copycat site, thinks he knows the economy, and tries to kick sand on Obama, and prop up Trump.

I just scalded him over there.

He forgot that I am an economic rocket scientist cum laude compared to him.

Obama's last eleven quarters averaged 2.6% GDP growth.

Trump has to average 2.3% GDP growth this quarter, which ends in about two weeks, to average 2.6% over his first eleven quarters.

So there's this great link the Government has to their GDP numbers.

It's the ones we use.

https://apps.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?reqid=19&step=2#reqid=19&step=2&isuri=1&1921=survey

Jason told me:

Hello,

You can get historical percent change in real GDP data at the following link:

https://apps.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?reqid=19&step=2#reqid=19&step=2&isuri=1&1921=survey

Under Section 1, choose Table 1.1.1.  Then, use the Modify option to select the years you want and pick quarterly or annual figures. 

Regards,

Jason Haurie | Economist  

National Income and Wealth Division

Bureau of Economic Analysis

9ddg5F6v_bigger.png

Jeff Bezos is worth over $110 billion. Amazon pays $0 in federal income taxes. Yet Bezos just cut health care for 2,000 part-time Whole Food workers. That is what unfettered greed looks like. We're going to make the wealthy pay their fair share and guarantee health care to all.