Sign in to follow this  
Blue Devil

WV becomes 26th right to work state! - Ending Coercive Unionism

Ending Coercive Unionism Trumps Dem Governor’s Veto

Coercive unionism is no longer the law of the land for the majority of the country...

...after West Virginia lawmakers overrode Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin’s veto to become the 26th right to work state on Friday.

Delegate Gary Howell was among the leaders in the legislature to push right to work, which prevents employers from requiring union membership as a condition of employment, in the longtime labor stronghold. The veto override came as no surprise because West Virginia only requires a majority vote in the Republican-controlled legislature. The vote, he said, would help boost the lagging economy’s ability to attract employers.

...poor fuckin' Communists. The pendulum swinging back.

Pity.

This is terrific news for all the O'Hole unemployed coal industry workers.

Business will now longer be reluctant to move into WV.

Hard working people deserve the opportunity.

kj

Coercive unionism is no longer the law of the land for the majority of the country...

Ha!

The "right to work" equates to "the duty to sabotage" companies that do not provide a livable wage. Monkey wrench the fuck out of these bastards. They need to learn that THEY WILL PAY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

Right to Work means no insurance when you contract black lung disease. Geez 'you people' are fucking stupid.

Look Unions have been fookin up big time lately... They take payments then give money to Democrats who then vote to outsource jobs in the name of GLOBALISM... Unions have done a lot of good but their modern priorities are misguided.

They should be supporting the Constitution Party and working for the middle-class not taking dues and selling out members.

The "right to work" equates to "the duty to sabotage" companies that do not provide a livable wage. Monkey wrench the fuck out of these bastards. They need to learn that THEY WILL PAY ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.

THAT sounds like a LIBERAL Opinion... However, MORE and MORE people see that GOOD jobs are hard to get, and IF America makes doing business in America more affordable and profitable... then MORE companies will stay here, providing MORE GOOD JOBS...

Unions basically RAN the auto Industry OUT of Michigan, and destroyed the state in the process... Coal, Textiles, and other industries as well... GONE.

WHAT WE NEED, are LESS Unions and LESS Liberals... America would be a MUCH better place.

THAT sounds like a LIBERAL Opinion... However, MORE and MORE people see that GOOD jobs are hard to get, and IF America makes doing business in America more affordable and profitable... then MORE companies will stay here, providing MORE GOOD JOBS...

Unions basically RAN the auto Industry OUT of Michigan, and destroyed the state in the process... Coal, Textiles, and other industries as well... GONE.

WHAT WE NEED, are LESS Unions and LESS Liberals... America would be a MUCH better place.

It's just like Trump said, Americans make too much. Wages must be lower in order to compete. Destroying unions is a good first step in lower wages to make America competitive again. Let's eliminate the min wage, and make a max wage. Since the US must compete with Vietnam for jobs, and they can get 65 cents per hour, let's make the maximum wage in the US be 50 cents per hour. And we don't want any freeloaders so taxes on those earning the max wage should be something like 40%. So the person working hard at a full time job should take home about 30 cents per hour. Of course they have to pay taxes, how can we subsidize corporations if no one is paying taxes? Just think how much profit corporations could finally make if they get these lowered wages to pay!

• Downvote 1

Right to Work means no insurance when you contract black lung disease. Geez 'you people' are fucking stupid.

Isn't that what the ACA is for? Or did Obama lie?

It was all a Globalists' plot to destroy the economy.... Unions just advocate for the workers' fair share. Corporations pandering to Globalists destroyed America not the Unions... If they have their way the will bring America into a full on kleptocracy like China and Mexico.

stupid west virginians have two choices:

go on strike until pro labor union laws are strengthened,

orrrrr, go back to living in shacks cause that is where they will

end up after crapping on themselves and their own families just like

conditions existed before unions.

Wait and see, that is what you will get for being so stupid when you

vote for piece of shit religious politicians like the KY clerk and anti worker

republicans.

You're nuts, I live in one of these right to work states and just returned from another. In one city alone new roads are being built everywhere and preparations are being made to build 10K new homes starting at $240K per unit. How are people not making a livable wage going to pay for all of these new homes, you make no sense.

go on strike until pro labor union laws are strengthened,

There are no "pro-union labor laws", there are just "labor laws" there are also "contracts". Nothing is stopping people from forming a union, they just don't have to pay the dues now. They don't have to be part of the union to be employed at the same place union people work. They can still form a union and collective bargain for a contract with the business.

It's called freedom.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/14/us/ex-executive-donald-blankenship-is-indicted-in-disaster-at-coal-mine.html

The competition for WV and other deep mine coal is strip mining in Wyoming, where there is no danger of mineshaft collapses, methane gas explosions and not much danger from black lung.

The deep mine operators attitude is that since strip mined coal does not require the safety procedures, they cannot be expected to, either, because of the competition and pressures of the ,marketplace blah blah blah.

David Blankenship ignored safety in his non union "gyppo" mine at Big Branch and it caused the greatest mining disaster in many years. There is a longer and better story abou8t this in the New Yorker. The say that with all the money Blankenship has for lawyers, he might go unpunished.

People who hate unions should be subjected to working in a gyppo coal mine for a week or two.

A union's power depends on the possibility that it will strike. No strike can be likely to succeed without a strike fund. If freeloaders can take advantages of higher union wages, then there is not a proper strike fund and the union is like a toothless watchdog.Right to work laws should all be repealed, because they make unions less powerful than the the employers by too big a gap .

WV is the poorest state in the union. Poverty is at a prime and has been forever in WV. To this very day where people in many states are starting to prosper again WV will be left behind with a sizeable portion of their population living in squalor. Right to work insures that things will never change in WV.

There are still quite a few manufacturing jobs here in East Tennessee.

They are all non-union and pay a fair wage; at least for around here.

When there are problems...management tries to work it out unless you're a slacker.

Half the work force are Amigos...so there's no problems there.

Ending Coercive Unionism Trumps Dem Governor’s Veto

...after West Virginia lawmakers overrode Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin’s veto to become the 26th right to work state on Friday.

Delegate Gary Howell was among the leaders in the legislature to push right to work, which prevents employers from requiring union membership as a condition of employment, in the longtime labor stronghold. The veto override came as no surprise because West Virginia only requires a majority vote in the Republican-controlled legislature. The vote, he said, would help boost the lagging economy’s ability to attract employers.

...poor fuckin' Communists. The pendulum swinging back.

Pity.

Oh my God. A great victory?

Wall street has sold the liberals that ACA is their idea when in truth it absolves companies of providing health care to workers by placing the burden of health insurance on the worker thus freeing up more money for investor's profits.

To add insult to injury wall street is using none other than IRS as their enforcement tool so it doesn't cost them a single penny to force you into purchasing their inferior insurance products.

Now wall street is union busting which takes away your ability to collectively bargain your fair wage which frees up even more money for investor's profits.

Bottom line:

You're making less money AND you're being forced into paying more for health insurance while receiving less than desirable services.

All hail the great union busting victory in West by God Virginia where hard working Coal Miners will experience even more medical issues as regulations are continually declining along with their wages.

Yes sir, real great victory all right.

Now come on and level your personal attacks that blast me for how I don't get it when this whole sick twisted greed driven ambush is as plain as the noses on our faces.

How can so many normally intelligent human beings like you be so blind not to see what's really going on here? It's beyond me Brother.

Oh my God. A great victory?

Stones... not bricks.

Well said and I apologize if I came on too strong my Brother. My bad. Just kills me to see us all being played against each other. This is insanity where we're all losing.

Really, what alternative universe are you visiting from?

Not very informed on the overall scheme of things are you. Just another talking point regurgitator.