bludog

Whats Wrong With The Democratic Party

And proselytizing for each new position with every change of mind.

There is no real new position, except occasionally I feel nicer and think I will vote for Sanders in the Primary in March, but then people like you from the Democrat party seem so stupid and make me so angry, that I think: shove it, I don't want to be one of these people, I'll vote for jill stein or Gloria la riva again, who are all basically like Sanders politically. Then sometimes I feel more negative and think, perhaps I will be more at peace not voting at all. It's a real source of frustration for me.

There is no real new position, except occasionally I feel nicer and think I will vote for Sanders in the Primary in March, but then people like you from the Democrat party seem so stupid and make me so angry, that I think: shove it, I don't want to be one of these people, I'll vote for jill stein or Gloria la riva again, who are all basically like Sanders politically. Then sometimes I feel more negative and think, perhaps I will be more at peace not voting at all. It's a real source of frustration for me.

A vote for Jill Stein or Gloria La Riva is better than not voting.... At least you go on the record as protesting the establishment system.

A vote for Jill Stein or Gloria La Riva is better than not voting.... At least you go on the record as protesting the establishment system.

I sometimes think so myself, that's why I actually have voted for both these women in the past. On the other hand, since half of Americans don't vote, maybe it's showing solidarity with the masses to refuse to vote, and more importantly, it shows that I actually don't want to be an American at all, because people who are not american dont vote in American elections.

Voter abstention is still a form of protest, perhaps the more grave or serious kind, to not merely be lazy, but actually to forcefully NOT vote, to be registered, have an ID, live right by a polling place, and on that day know it is happening but refuse to do it.

Maybe as proof of not being lazy, I can walk up to the door of the poll, sit there for 10 minutes, then leave without voting, to say I showed up, thought about it, then decided against it!

Voter abstention is the cause, not the solution of many problems in the US today. Presidential elections are lucky to draw 60% of eligible voters. And the majority of those who don't vote are the one's who have most at stake.

You get a lot of things backwards. This is high on the list.

In the long run only. In the short run, workers in both countries are displaced as companies move to do things where they can do them more efficiently. This lowers the cost of the goods being produced, but raises the standard of living in the poorer country, over time. In the richer countries, the workers who lost their jobs have to either learn new higher-value skills or they have difficulty: that's the short-term problem, and government should help them. In the poorer country, it helps to greeted a middle class, who then can unmodified the country in other ways, with education, environment, etc.

In the short term, there are problems for people. In the long term, the whole world moves forward. Good examples are IT in India and Ireland.

I am not sure that those things have happened with the past trade agreements. Lowering the cost of goods being produced is a good thing if it's real. What I see is that the work is moving to countries where there are fewer rights for workers, fewer regulations to handle pollution safely, fewer regulations for safety, for both the workers and the products. For example, in some dog foods, the cost was lowered by replacing some of the meat with poisons. China for example is not more efficient, but they manipulate their currency to get the jobs. Once the jobs are gone, they have control of the market, and can own a monopoly raising the price, as they have done with rare Earth materials.

Voter abstention is the cause, not the solution of many problems in the US today. Presidential elections are lucky to draw 60% of eligible voters. And the majority of those who don't vote are the one's who have most at stake.

You get a lot of things backwards. This is high on the list.

Perhaps you Democrats can give my IP address to the NSA and they can send police to bring me to the poll to force me to vote at gunpoint, frighten me into believing that the lies you tell are different from Republican lies, whilst at police gunpoint while I'm voting, look over my shoulder and tell me how great you made things in the 60s, while I, secretly afraid of the thought police, in the deep recess of my mind, ponder that old people were brainwashed at a young age in the 1950s into believing in American greatness and still foolishly pursue it while the disillusionment of new generations becomes absolute.

Everyone's IP address is shown above every post they make.

Only if you are the moderator! Nobody else can see it but you! Perhaps you shouldnt be the moderator. I doubt your qualifications. :)

Only if you are the moderator! Nobody else can see it but you!

This I didn't know. So I apologize for posting your IP address. I will remove it now.

The address is now removed from post #68 and #69.

Nonetheless, it revealed him to be a liar. He claimed to be in Chiapas, Mexico and in British Columbia, Canada, and the IP revealed his location was in the United States. And since you removed the IP address, I won't repeat the name of the city again, unless that's ok. Is it ok?

Is his lying to make points ok? Is his entire nonsense in the Liberals only forum ok?

Laripu: Please don't repeat the name of the city again. Since the IP shouldn't have been made visible, the city should not have been revealed and now that it's no longer visible, should not be repeated, as you yourself, just suggested.

I wish others would voice their feelings. I'm waiting for regulars like Old Barn and perhaps others to weigh in or not. He often posts Saturday evenings. I'd like to prolong the waiting period for about a week. You are the only one to protest, really, and I'm on the fence at this point in time. Although I did get fed up at one point and suggested he be kept out of the LO Rm.

Since then, I've had quite a bit of back-and-forth with Michijo since he started posting more often in the LO Rm. after the suggestion of banning him.

On the one hand, he's relentlessly anti-Jewish, anti-Liberal and recently, anti-elderly. Who know what other groups he might come up with . He seems to have an inner need to isolate vulnerable groups of his choosing and blame societal problems on them. And he has an overwhelming hatred of the United States, especially Northeasterners. He has gone so far as to advocate its destruction. IMO, some of what he has said are lies to support his points. For instance, it's difficult to believe he has Jewish friends, unless he hides his bigotry from them.

He almost never deals with the issues.... The probable causes and cures..... The mechanics; The whys. It's almost always bigotry or near-Nihilism. It's all very repetitious. And often cheerful too. Then again, I suppose we all have pet peeves we harp on.

On the other hand, he's totally against war, poverty and human suffering, in a broad way..... It appears genuine to me. And that's Liberal.

While we don't want Conservatives LO Rm, too much homogeneity can lead to stale discussion. A relatively benign gadfly can often motivate vigorous debate.

Ok, I will voice an opinion. I can easily understand the anger of the injustice being perpetrated by the government. Further, when the GOP calls for these destructive policies, often the democrats just sit back and let it happen. For example, the democrats knew Nixon committed treason and didn't even make it public. When Reagan committed several crimes, the democrats didn't call for investigations and for most democrats they refused to even mention the rampant criminality. When bush took over the nation the democrats pretended it was all legal. When 911 happened the democrats didn't support those who wanted to really know what happened, and weren't satisfied with gibberish from the bush administration.

Even worse, we now have fraudulent ballot counting machines determining the outcome of many, if not most elections. Unless those are removed, the public has no say in who gets elected. The democrats have made no move to correct this situation.

With all that being said, I understand the anger.

What I don't agree with is the mudslinging, attacks and attempts to divide people so those problems are not addressed. I believe it is ok to talk about the problems and suggest solutions. We may not agree on the problems or even on the history but in this room, I hope to continue to find compassion for our fellow man (woman).

I favor pulling people together to solve these problems (and others) for the betterment of mankind, not just the betterment of someone making themselves rich.

Thus anyone who doesn't live by these rules destroys the tone of the room, degrading it to the detriment of everyone else.

Bluedog, I hate to intrude on your debate with "michijo" and can't spend the kind of time that you two do here,

but I have a cent or two to throw into the hat. I agree 99% with you and think that michijo has great insights.

His cynicism, however, is depressing. why even bother, if things are as bad as he thinks?

I've given a lot of thought on the question you're raising and tried to share the insights I've reached

by publishing them on the www at http://Great-Liberal-Insights.org/winningstrategy.html .

Here's an excerpt that shows how powerful we Liberal Democrats should be in America,

in contrast to how weak our Democratic Party establishment is.

PollofAmericans2005.jpg

Since some of the members of this forum seem to have tons of time to spend here,

is it too much to expect them to spend some of that time reading at my web site?

Or do I have to cut and past my material HERE, to save their clicking finger?

Bluedog, I hate to intrude on your debate with "michijo" and can't spend the kind of time that you two do here,

but I have a cent or two to throw into the hat. I agree 99% with you and think that michijo has great insights.

His cynicism, however, is depressing. why even bother, if things are as bad as he thinks?

Intrude? Not hardly. Anyone on the left is welcome.

Michijo had some good ideas and a unique outlook. But he was constantly spamming a message of hate for the US, especially northeasterners. He repetitively scapegoated Jews, the elderly and any other group he took a fancy to target. He disrupted threads by constantly changing the original subject to a debate about his sensational prejudices. By popular consensus, he was banned from the LO Rm. We decided the bulk of his subject matter belongs in No Holds Barred.

I've given a lot of thought on the question you're raising and tried to share the insights I've reached

by publishing them on the www at http://Great-Liberal-Insights.org/winningstrategy.html .

Here's an excerpt that shows how powerful we Liberal Democrats should be in America,

in contrast to how weak our Democratic Party establishment is.

PollofAmericans2005.jpg

Since some of the members of this forum seem to have tons of time to spend here,

is it too much to expect them to spend some of that time reading at my web site?

Or do I have to cut and past my material HERE, to save their clicking finger?

Thanks for your interest Rayosun. It's an understatement to say the Democratic party is not living up to its promise or potential. Without going into detail, I think the reasons have to do with the rise and influence of the Plutocracy.

You have an interesting website of which I was unaware up to now. I'll definitely check it out.

I agree with your action on "Michmash", for the reasons you laid out.

And let me take this opportunity to express my appreciation for this forum. I joined some time ago and put a recommendation and link to it on my web own site. But then I got involved elsewhere. It's thanks to that link, however, that I recently rediscovered "Liberal Forum" and returned to it! As you may have already noticed, I love debating with C's. But once in a while it's great to be able to get some r & r with fellow Libs!

And thanks for your willingness to explore my web sites, which I started publishing IN 1996. I'm uncomfortable tooting my own horn, but it's a different story when others do the tooting, so I invite you to check out LiberalsLikeChrist.Org/testimonials.html .

Originally, my "LiberalslikeChrist.Org" covered both religion and politics, but I decided in the new millenium to separate the two, and to remove the political material to a new site I called "Great-Liberal-Insights.org" . Over the years, I viewed some of my insights important enough to deserve a Domain name of their own, but more of that later.

P.S. Over the years, I've gotten such great search engine scores that you don't need to remember the exact names of my sites, or even of its many pages. Just Google something fairly close and you're likely to get the page you're looking for at the top of the listings. (although it may use one of my alternate Domain names)