bludog

Whats Wrong With The Democratic Party

Thomas Frank laid out a lot of truth on Rose Aguilar's Your call yesterday. Don't have the transcript but here's a link to his new book http://www.tcfrank.com/

It is really not too hard to state the truth regarding the failures of the Democratic Party in regards to supporting the middle class and doing something about lifting people out of poverty in the US. Everything went farther right beginning with Bill Clinton's presidency, where he gave us welfare reform and pushed through NAFTA, along with the end of Glass Steagall.

The environment in broken down inner cities has been seldom discussed never mind the fact that there has not been any constructive policy initiatives to assist these cities coming from Washington. Economically the democrats like Clinton would push the high tech community, yet the jobs lost by factory workers have never been replaced, not even close.

As young people understand their only real chance to get ahead is to get a college degree, the cost of college has skyrocketed. Skilled trades are great - we need an economic environment where jobs can be had in this area yet growth in that job sector is and has been lackluster \ and this bad news for our infrastructure as well as this countries future economic growth on the whole.

So yes, it is quite apparent that the economy is rigged to support the few at the top tier of wealth accumulation.

It is interesting to note that what Liberals want along the lines of good jobs and a sustainable economic growth for the middle class is also what many who vote republican want. Yet we continue to go the other way year after year with increasing inequality, poverty, and political derisiveness which most certainly does suggest to all that things are heading in the wrong direction. And yet, there is no movement, no agreement, a huge stalemate.

I have said before and I continue to believe that each country needs to correct its own problems first. That's the way forward. We have amazing diversity here in the U.S, along with incredible wealth. We could be obtaining so much progress and yet we slide back year after year.

I like Bernie on the face of his idealism and his fight - but it's us, we need to move together to make change. We are in it together.

Peace!

Well said OldBarn.

It is interesting to note that what Liberals want along the lines of good jobs and a sustainable economic growth for the middle class is also what many who vote republican want.

It is how most would answer on a questionnaire. But their desire for these things is diluted by far less important wedge issues which they have been led to espouse with great passion..... Abortion, gun rights, creationism, tribalism- (us against Liberals) etc. These are the reasons they keep voting against their own best interests.

Well said OldBarn.

It is how most would answer on a questionnaire. But their desire for these things is diluted by far less important wedge issues which they have been led to espouse with great passion..... Abortion, gun rights, creationism, tribalism- (us against Liberals) etc. These are the reasons they keep voting against their own best interests.

Yeah, that's the mess we've been in for a long while now. The right trolls for the people stuck on these issues, the religious right-wing, as well as those who like to make stereotypes out of those different than themselves.

Meanwhile, the Democrats are in many ways co-opted by corporatism and an increasingly shady financial system. The noise is the radio media as well as the media on the tube. You know, we only need those in power to actually speak the truth - speak the real truth and let folks figure out things and decide on their own. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to happen much.

Peace!

It is a dark and fatalistic vision. Which if shared by enough submissive souls, would become a self-fulfilling prophecy. But there are those of us who are optimistic enough to keep up the fight. In the end, we will save your dead weight.

Hell, I've protested enough. I walked in an anti-Monsanto street protest. I walked in protests against Tar Sands on numerous occasions and even helped make the signs that other people held while protesting. It's not like I dont do anything, but the Democrats you see are a drag. Every time I see one of them say they will vote for Hilary Clinton rather than Sanders, it occurs to me what a lousy party it is. They drag on me. I've been in so many street protests, IMF protests in Europe. You cant imagine. And she's getting 600 dollar haircuts and wallstreet money.

Then the Democrats in the Northeast act stuck up! I'm done with that shit!

And now Obama wants himself to have Trans Pacific Partnership that lets giant corporations like Monsanto predatorize Chile?

Hell, I've protested enough. I walked in an anti-Monsanto street protest. I walked in protests against Tar Sands on numerous occasions and even helped make the signs that other people held while protesting. It's not like I dont do anything, but the Democrats you see are a drag. Every time I see one of them say they will vote for Hilary Clinton rather than Sanders, it occurs to me what a lousy party it is. They drag on me. I've been in so many street protests, IMF protests in Europe. You cant imagine. And she's getting 600 dollar haircuts and wallstreet money.

Then the Democrats in the Northeast act stuck up! I'm done with that shit!

I appreciate that you did that michijo big time! Don't ever stop. It's a mess, but it isn't the mess they have in the Middle East - (sadly with our governments assistance on many accounts). It has got to be in you all your life, there is no other way to go. Peaceful protest again and again and again. It just doesn't matter how much they throw this fake plastic bullshit in our way, we will someday prevail I say. We need courage and leadership that speaks truth to power!

Peace!

Probably the main attraction of such protests is feeling disassociated from the USA to begin with, the profound disaffected feeling. Other people perhaps a lot older, make all the decisions in the USA. I have no say other than voting in lousy elections, so that even though I grew up in the USA as did my parents, the land itself has a feeling of foreignness, as if it were not really my land. Therefore my interactions with the powers controlling this land are like swipes from a cornered cat, and even voting is merely an antagonistic swipe of futility at this alien land USA that even natives have trouble identifying with. It's easier to identify with Canada, more low profile lands.

This is not a liberal. This is a troll who wants to sap the will of liberal people on this forum.

Read at your own risk.

This is not a liberal. This is a troll who wants to sap the will of liberal people on this forum.

Read at your own risk.

Michijo:--- After much thought and wavering, I am asking you to stay out of the Liberals Only Room. If others here are for or against this, please post your feelings in the next few days and I may reconsider, depending on the opinions of Liberals who post in this room. Silence will be considered assent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members who post in this room may or may not be aware that, as a moderator, I constantly keep intruding non-Liberals out, one way or the other.

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=40

One of the most difficult things about moderating the LO Rm is drawing the line at who is a non-Liberal and whether he/she should be kept out. At times, MIchijo has voiced an anti-war, anti poverty stance. He has voiced pro-humanity attitudes toward the weak and vulnerable. But any liberal feeling he has expressed has been reserved for non-Americans. Indeed, he often appears to use these issues wholly for the purpose of bashing the United States. The bashing has been relentless.

The overwhelming bulk of Michijo's posts have been to denounce or espouse the utter destruction of the United States of America. Almost all of his posts have expressed acid hate, not just for the policies of the United States, but for ordinary US citizens. The massive volume of spite, hate and revulsion that Michijo has posted is not Liberal at all. It is a destructive, nihilistic expression of loathing.

The effect has been disruptive wherever he has posted in the LO Rm. He distracts from constructive conversation wherever he intrudes

If others here are for or against this, please post your feelings in the next few days and I may reconsider, depending on the opinions of Liberals who post in this room.

I'm normally against censorship on boards. But Michijo isn't being censored, just told to post elsewhere. So I agree.

The massive volume of spite, hate and revulsion that Michijo has posted is not Liberal at all. It is a destructive, nihilistic expression of loathing.

In my view this is a correct assessment.

Also, while it isn't relevant to discussion, he's variously put that he's in Chiapas, Mexico and now in British Columbia. I don't believe him in either case, so I asked him where he was in BC. He told me it wasn't my business; fair enough. Now, I don't mind when someone wants to withhold their location, but there's something wrong with lying about it in support of a hateful agenda. I have a feeling he's a rich kid in a NYC penthouse, trolling to create animosity, to entertain himself.

Michijo:--- After much thought and wavering, I am asking you to stay out of the Liberals Only Room. If others here are for or against this, please post your feelings in the next few days and I may reconsider, depending on the opinions of Liberals who post in this room. Silence will be considered assent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members who post in this room may or may not be aware that, as a moderator, I constantly keep intruding non-Liberals out, one way or the other.

http://www.liberalforum.org/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=40

One of the most difficult things about moderating the LO Rm is drawing the line at who is a non-Liberal and whether he/she should be kept out. At times, MIchijo has voiced an anti-war, anti poverty stance. He has voiced pro-humanity attitudes toward the weak and vulnerable. But any liberal feeling he has expressed has been reserved for non-Americans. Indeed, he often appears to use these issues wholly for the purpose of bashing the United States. The bashing has been relentless.

The overwhelming bulk of Michijo's posts have been to denounce or espouse the utter destruction of the United States of America. Almost all of his posts have expressed acid hate, not just for the policies of the United States, but for ordinary US citizens. The massive volume of spite, hate and revulsion that Michijo has posted is not Liberal at all. It is a destructive, nihilistic expression of loathing.

The effect has been disruptive wherever he has posted in the LO Rm. He distracts from constructive conversation wherever he intrudes

Whatever floats your boat. It's not my forum. I don't truly understand it, but then perhaps I do not even understand people who call themselves liberal or conservative. Earlier today I was even perplexed as to the real motive of conservatives and all their complaints. I'm not sure I understand the motives of liberals either.

According to you, a liberal is:

1) well adjusted, perhaps had very caring parents in the 1950s/60s.

2) feels only love, hasnt had a lot of bad life-events to drag on them emotionally

3) is gregarious and good natured

4) always votes democrats

5) is really understanding

A conservative is:

1) someone hateful, perhaps born in the 1940s

2) a racist

3) always votes republican

4) not educated

I take offense at this, as for one the lists leave out core values and promote rather a personality structure and background. My own lists are here:

A liberal:

1) someone who defends against imperialism and interventionism as per Lincoln's and George Washington's perhaps phony views but ones that are nevertheless mine. America should be neutral.

2) a liberal would never sign a trade deal like NAFTA knowing it would hurt people in Mexico, and if NAFTA was a mistake, it serves as a clear warning about TPP. Thus, a real liberal would not be Obama, who the liberals voted for.

3) a liberal should be angry and offended, not soft and complacent .

4) a liberal should like Canada more than the northeast of the USA. Too many people confuse the northeast of the USA with liberalism

5) a liberal should not care about being an american at all, because the USA is itself not an egalitarian nation but an Ego-Trip worldwide.

According to me, you are not liberals but merely complacent good natured people who are easy going and go along with whatever is happening, easy to fool by fake liberal Democrat presidents like Hilary Clinton.

I'm a Bernie Sander's supporter at the moment. I've been listening to him and have admired him for years. He used to be on Thom Hartmann's program every week and he's a fighter for working Americans and he's an honest, good man. He cares about America.

However, I also admire Hillary Clinton.

The last debate was informative, insightful, classy, tasteful, and respectful. Sanders and Clinton discussed the issues and while I may prefer Sander's approach, I agreed with both candidates and will proudly vote for whichever of them gets the nomination.

I will also contribute to their campaigns and work on their campaigns with my friends and family.

I am cheering for Sanders but, at heart, my primary goal is simply that I do whatever I have to do to ensure no extremist right-wing KKKlown gets into the White House.

• Upvote 1

I am cheering for Sanders but, at heart, my primary goal is simply that I do whatever I have to do to ensure no extremist right-wing KKKlown gets into the White House.

Me too. I wish Sanders was 20 years younger. Actually I wish Clinton was 20 years younger too. I think she has better foreign experience and can do more, but I think Sanders has a better vision domestically. Either one will appoint good SCOTUS judges to replace the three or four on their way out in the next eight years.

Just like in the 2008 primaries, I'm going to wait until there's a nominee. Then I'll donate two or three reasonable, non-extravagant amounts of money to the nominee, which will get me continuous junk mail for the next eight years.

And I'll put a Democratic Party sign on my lawn, which, just like in 2008 and 2012 will get stolen by the neighborhood Republicans. But again like 2008 and 2012, I will have bought 3 or 4 of them, so it will be replaced the very next day. :)

• Upvote 1

Obama actually joined the KKK after he bombed non-European civilians with Depleted Uranium in Libya, fought hard for a trade deal TPP that is going to hurt mainly Latinos and Asians, and use Vietnamese as slave laborers to fight with China. Hell, he's more racist than I am and he's half black! He keeps the non-Europeans in Guantanamo just like Bush.

The difference between Democrats and Republicans is so superficial as to be merely a security blanket for those people who dont want to be associated with the more blatant hard-right, a more genteel version of Republicans. If the different between the two parties is merely Dems being more genteel, then what is the point politically?

• Downvote 1

Obama actually joined the KKK after he bombed non-European civilians with Depleted Uranium in Libya, fought hard for a trade deal TPP that is going to hurt mainly Latinos and Asians, and use Vietnamese as slave laborers to fight with China. Hell, he's more racist than I am and he's half black! He keeps the non-Europeans in Guantanamo just like Bush.

The difference between Democrats and Republicans is so superficial as to be merely a security blanket for those people who dont want to be associated with the more blatant hard-right, a more genteel version of Republicans. If the different between the two parties is merely Dems being more genteel, then what is the point politically?

Point by point:

• Obama didn't join the KKK. That's just silly. It doesn't even make sense as an exaggerated metaphor.
  • Trade deals may hurt some people, but on average they do quite a bit of good.
  • I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Obama is not more racist than you !!
  • The difference between the Republicans and Democrats is not superficial. It's an important difference to gay people, people who want Medicare, people who want Social Security, people who got health insurance via the ACA, people who want equal rights for women and people who think felons and the insane should not be allowed to buy guns legally. That doesn't even begin to touch on the possibility of a single payer healthcare system in the future.
  • Upvote 1

I am not a racist at all. You think I am an anti-semite, but in fact I am probably upwards of 40% Jewish myself. I can pass off as Jewish and have Jewish friends. I was just talking shit about them freely because I know they are banker bastards, but I have enough of the Zehnder, Snyder, and Knoblauch to talk shit if I feel like it. So there I perplexed you.

Why are thousands protesting against TPP in Chile if the trade deal does so much good? These fast track trade deals only came about in 1970s. So literally the history of the USA does not show these type of trade deals. If I think the USA can be brought back to the "good old days" you geezers grew up in, then ending Fast Track Trade deals is the way to go! You assholes always talk about how great 50s and 60s were. What made them special? For one they didnt have these trade deals that picked up in the 70s and into 80s.

Don't underestimate how bad these trade deals are! Nobody in Latin America wants them. They pave the way for giant corporations to sue governments that restrict them. They hurt the little people. Only a rich elitist like Obama would pursue these things. Sanders is against them! I'm voting Sanders.

Point by point, if I wanted Universal Healthcare, I would vote for a candidate who promised it like Clement Atlee PM in UK! Not fake-liberal obama-care payoff to giant corporate health insurers.

Point by point:

• Obama didn't join the KKK. That's just silly. It doesn't even make sense as an exaggerated metaphor.
  • Trade deals may hurt some people, but on average they do quite a bit of good.
  • I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Obama is not more racist than you !!
  • The difference between the Republicans and Democrats is not superficial. It's an important difference to gay people, people who want Medicare, people who want Social Security, people who got health insurance via the ACA, people who want equal rights for women and people who think felons and the insane should not be allowed to buy guns legally. That doesn't even begin to touch on the possibility of a single payer healthcare system in the future.

I agree with your other points, but can you explain how trade deals on average do quite a bit of good?

You see, he's a Canadian in Florida, he must be a rich member of the elite. They come online to troll seemingly in confusion about what people are actually thinking about them. It's like how they tried to put that guy Goni into Bolivia and the Bolivians went crazy protesting. All the time the elite guys were like calmly confused by events until they spiraled out of control.

You can tell he's a Canadian because he likes Doughnuts. He misses Tim Horton's in Florida! Florida: flat, hot, and stupid. Ready for the next oil spill/hurricane.

USA is run like a battleship. They want to order you around as if there was a hierarchy of command with the top level officers being infallible. Any question of authority would be put down as a threat to the battleship, possibly keel-hauled.

I am not a racist at all. You think I am an anti-semite, but in fact I am probably upwards of 40% Jewish myself.

The plot morphs conveniently each time. What a load of bull this must be.

I was just talking shit about them freely because I know they are banker bastards, but I have enough of the Zehnder, Snyder, and Knoblauch to talk shit if I feel like it. So there I perplexed you.

LIST OF POWERFUL NON JEWISH HEADS OF BIGGEST US BANKS

far outnumber their Jewish colleagues.

John Alexander Thain - CEO, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fennel & Smith

Richard K Davis - CEO, Bancorp

Jamie Dimon - CEO, JP Morgan Chase

Brian Moynihan - CEO, Bank of America Corp

Michael Corbat - CEO, Citigroup, Inc.

Timothy Sloan - CEO, Wells Fargo Corp.

I can pass off as Jewish .

So you brag about deceiving people. Why would you pass yourself off as Jewish?

No he is NOT a socialist. He is a dangerous war mongering democrat who wants money and power.

And

I'm voting Sanders.

Earlier you were going to write in a protest candidate and before that you were supporting someone else, I forget who. For a time, you were advocating not voting at all. You recently said you were living in South America and then claimed you were living in Canada. After Sanders, who next?

have Jewish friends.

Are they still your friends after telling them:--

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:24 PM

Americans just need to be the followers of the Jews. We need Americans to stay dumb and to follow the War-Jews in their quest to make the USA the greatest land ever and to dominate the world. To hell with freedom and democracy, we need a great land for the war jew immigrant to play in. NOrmal americans just neexd to be dfumb and syhut up and follow the war jews in the conservative and liberal parties. Buy a gun and help the war-jews fight!

Any peaceful american who doesnt own a gun and believes in neutrality is a enemy of the global dominance of the Jewish Dream for a war-american military jewland. Jews hate a peaceful world. That's why America has to be great, so that there is no peace and the Jews will rest contented and every man will own a gun and fight for them. With WarJew New York as the world capital.

The warjews want everyone to buy a gun and be a libertarian or a neocon. But I say I will not fight or buy a gun and make a war with the jews. The passive Gandhi non-violent approach is what I give to the warjews. Use nonviolence and peace against the violence of the warjews and their american yankee agenda.

Your non-existent Jewish friends must have a miraculous capacity to absorb the fantasy accusations you heap on them.

• Upvote 1

You can tell he's a Canadian because he likes Doughnuts. He misses Tim Horton's in Florida! Florida: flat, hot, and stupid. Ready for the next oil spill/hurricane.

You can tell I was Canadian because I've said so. I tell the truth, unlike the Asheville troll who claims he's in Mexico or Canada. But I've lived in Florida for nearly 19 years, and been a US citizen for almost 10 years.

I do like doughnuts. Even donuts. Maybe as much as two or three times a year. Yeah, Tim Horton's would be good. There's already one in Tampa, inside the Lightning hockey stadium.

You say Florida is flat, hot and stupid. Well, I can't argue with you there. There's lots of stupid here. Everyone should read the "Florida Man" page for a few cheap laughs.

https://www.twitter.com/_FloridaMan?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

You also wrote in that post that I was part of the elite. Well, compared to you, yeah, absolutely. :D

I agree with your other points, but can you explain how trade deals on average do quite a bit of good?

In the long run only. In the short run, workers in both countries are displaced as companies move to do things where they can do them more efficiently. This lowers the cost of the goods being produced, but raises the standard of living in the poorer country, over time. In the richer countries, the workers who lost their jobs have to either learn new higher-value skills or they have difficulty: that's the short-term problem, and government should help them. In the poorer country, it helps to greeted a middle class, who then can unmodified the country in other ways, with education, environment, etc.

In the short term, there are problems for people. In the long term, the whole world moves forward. Good examples are IT in India and Ireland.

I know you democrats don't respect privacy, that's why you support the NSA and want to prosecute Edward Snowden. I understand of course, I have to be a cliche because I am an American. Don't you wish you were free to have a positive life without old rich people and their 2 party system?

I can live a positive life without the geriatric and their 2 parties. Don't let old people and their politics drag you down in your life. Refusing to vote might make you a better, less angry person.

Perhaps learn another language like Esperanto. I learned Esperanto, created by a Polish Jew named Zamenhof. It makes you feel good to speak a language that's not American English where the people are not all brainwashed American English speakers.

I can live a positive life without the geriatric and their 2 parties. Don't let old people and their politics drag you down in your life. .

Now negatively stereotyping the old. And if he lives long enough, will probably end up trying to demonize the young.

Sanders is probably telling lies BTW.

snapback.png

. Refusing to vote might make you a better, less angry person.

Dropped Sanders already and is now, once again, advocating "refusing to vote" as personally and morally beneficial.

Dropped Sanders already and is now, once again, advocating "refusing to vote" as personally and morally beneficial.

I just have to stay focused. I live right by a polling place. If I can remain focused, I wont walk in there and vote lackadaisically. After the elections, I will feel liberated and at peace with the world, having focused on not voting and rejection of the 2 party system.

And proselytizing for each new position with every change of mind.