drvoke

Obama to tackle 'unfinished business' of gun violence in 2016

Obama vows in his New Year's address to deal with the unacceptable level of gun violence in the U.S. Here it comes, cons. What you dreaded all along is coming right at you.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tackle-unfinished-business-gun-violence-2016-143148573.html

President Barack Obama, in a New Year's address, made fighting gun violence a resolution for 2016, calling it a major piece of "unfinished business" in his time at the White House.

As he marks the start of his final year in the White House, Obama expressed regret at the little progress made in the past seven years towards remedying America's gun "epidemic."

"My New Year's resolution is to move forward on our unfinished business as much as I can," he said. "That's especially true for one piece of unfinished business, that's our epidemic of gun violence."

The US leader announced he would meet with Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Monday, his first day back at work after the New Year's break, "to discuss our options" in reducing the deaths and injuries caused by firearms.

"Last month, we remembered the third anniversary of Newtown," the president said, referring to a December 2012 mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school that left 20 young children and six adults dead.

"This Friday, I'll be thinking about my friend Gabby Giffords, five years into her recovery from the shooting in Tucson," he said, speaking of a former US congresswoman and victim of yet another of the spasms of gun violence that have killed and injured thousands across the nation.

Obama reiterated his frustration at the lack of action by Congress to curb gun violence.

"All across America, survivors of gun violence and those who lost a child, a parent, a spouse to gun violence are forced to mark such awful anniversaries every single day, and yet Congress still hasn't done anything to prevent what happened to them from happening to other families," the president said.

"Three years ago, a bipartisan, commonsense bill would have required background checks for virtually everyone who buys a gun," the president said, saying such a measure would have had the support of the vast majority of the American public, including those who were gun owners.

"But the gun lobby mobilized against it. And the Senate blocked it," Obama said.

"Since then, tens of thousands of our fellow Americans have been mowed down by gun violence. Tens of thousands."

According to CNN, Obama is expected to announce new executive action before his State of the Union address on January 12, with the goal of expanding background checks on gun sales.

In his New Year's address, the president said measures to be discussed with Lynch will focus on "keeping an irresponsible, dangerous few from inflicting harm on a massive scale.

Obama's people are drafting legislation as we speak. He views this as part of his legacy. In his last year in office, he has nothing to lose. You cons should take selfies with your assault weapons so you have something to remember them by, before you hear that knock on your door.

He is very limited on what he can do.

Designating people that sell or trade more than 25 guns a year as a dealer.

Still has to get funding

The refugees are going to be learning stuff from 1.2 million city gangsters. It is the intent and the anti-American class and group educational training that is the problem.

Obama's people are drafting legislation as we speak. He views this as part of his legacy. In his last year in office, he has nothing to lose. You cons should take selfies with your assault weapons so you have something to remember them by, before you hear that knock on your door.

What about yours? You keep saying you're gong to kill cons. With what your tuna breath?

The overwhelming majority of Americans want better back ground checks and want Firearms kept out of the hands of Loons. This time around they will get it and the NRA will have a sore ass by the time it's all said and done. The majority of Americans also want an assault weapons ban.

The overwhelming majority of Americans want better back ground checks and want Firearms kept out of the hands of Loons. This time around they will get it and the NRA will have a sore ass by the time it's all said and done. The majority of Americans also want an assault weapons ban.

That must be why Americans are purchasing record amounts of firearms. And gun violence is at a historic low because of it. The overwhelming majority of Americans want less gun control. Stop lying you fat fuck.

The agenda continues

Doesn't matter how many want our inalienable rights restricted

That's the beauty of a Republic

Individual rights are king

Any and all unconstitutional laws are null and void and do not apply to anybody

What about yours? You keep saying you're gong to kill cons. With what your tuna breath?

I have two 9mms and a Ruger 357. That's more than enough for self-defense.

Obama's Executive Orders include more extensive background checks. This is a common sense EO that good, smart, >normal< Americans also support.

Too bad you con hillbillies. It is what it is.

Obama's Executive Orders include more extensive background checks. This is a common sense EO that good, smart, >normal< Americans also support.

Whats more extensive than the FBI? You're a clueless fucking retard.

I have two 9mms and a Ruger 357. That's more than enough for self-defense.

Ready to give them up? An assault weapon ban will do jack shit just like the last time they tried it so they're gonna want your handguns next. But you'll probably clap like a seal for it anyway.

He is very limited on what he can do.

Designating people that sell or trade more than 25 guns a year as a dealer.

Still has to get funding

Isn't the funding already there for law enforcement to act on an Executive Order, especially one connected to an emergency or threat in America?

...Here it comes, cons. What you dreaded all along is coming right at you.

What crackheads with cheap handguns...are coming right at us ??? Why didn't BHO fix the gun violence problem in Chicago...when he was a 'community organizer' there ???

So the record is clear: Rather than keeping us safer, the prison at Guantanamo has weakened American national security. It is a rallying cry for our enemies. It sets back the willingness of our allies to work with us in fighting an enemy that operates in scores of countries. By any measure, the costs of keeping it open far exceed the complications involved in closing it. That's why I argued that it should be closed throughout my campaign, and that is why I ordered it closed within one year.

RICH, OLD, CHRISTIAN, WHITE MEN...have a get together !

gugugugugu-1.jpg

Obama vows in his New Year's address to deal with the unacceptable level of gun violence in the U.S. Here it comes, cons. What you dreaded all along is coming right at you.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tackle-unfinished-business-gun-violence-2016-143148573.html

President Barack Obama, in a New Year's address, made fighting gun violence a resolution for 2016, calling it a major piece of "unfinished business" in his time at the White House.

As he marks the start of his final year in the White House, Obama expressed regret at the little progress made in the past seven years towards remedying America's gun "epidemic."

"My New Year's resolution is to move forward on our unfinished business as much as I can," he said. "That's especially true for one piece of unfinished business, that's our epidemic of gun violence."

The US leader announced he would meet with Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Monday, his first day back at work after the New Year's break, "to discuss our options" in reducing the deaths and injuries caused by firearms.

"Last month, we remembered the third anniversary of Newtown," the president said, referring to a December 2012 mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school that left 20 young children and six adults dead.

"This Friday, I'll be thinking about my friend Gabby Giffords, five years into her recovery from the shooting in Tucson," he said, speaking of a former US congresswoman and victim of yet another of the spasms of gun violence that have killed and injured thousands across the nation.

Obama reiterated his frustration at the lack of action by Congress to curb gun violence.

"All across America, survivors of gun violence and those who lost a child, a parent, a spouse to gun violence are forced to mark such awful anniversaries every single day, and yet Congress still hasn't done anything to prevent what happened to them from happening to other families," the president said.

"Three years ago, a bipartisan, commonsense bill would have required background checks for virtually everyone who buys a gun," the president said, saying such a measure would have had the support of the vast majority of the American public, including those who were gun owners.

"But the gun lobby mobilized against it. And the Senate blocked it," Obama said.

"Since then, tens of thousands of our fellow Americans have been mowed down by gun violence. Tens of thousands."

According to CNN, Obama is expected to announce new executive action before his State of the Union address on January 12, with the goal of expanding background checks on gun sales.

In his New Year's address, the president said measures to be discussed with Lynch will focus on "keeping an irresponsible, dangerous few from inflicting harm on a massive scale.

The right will get what they rightly deserve.

When it comes to stopping gun violence, they have been against doing anything. They want less police, teachers, fire fighters, nurses, social programs, jobs, businesses, environment, and more fire power, wars, top 1% support.

That's a recipe for disaster, and mix for more gun control.

What crackheads with cheap handguns...are coming right at us ??? Why didn't BHO fix the gun violence problem in Chicago...when he was a 'community organizer' there ???

So the record is clear: Rather than keeping us safer, the prison at Guantanamo has weakened American national security. It is a rallying cry for our enemies. It sets back the willingness of our allies to work with us in fighting an enemy that operates in scores of countries. By any measure, the costs of keeping it open far exceed the complications involved in closing it. That's why I argued that it should be closed throughout my campaign, and that is why I ordered it closed within one year.

RICH, OLD, CHRISTIAN, WHITE MEN...have a get together !

gugugugugu-1.jpg

I thought the fall of Chicago happened after he left Mack.

Obama doesn't draft legislation son.

Even Clinton knew well enough to grandfather currently owned assault rifles when he signed his law. Obama is a smart man. He knows what awaits any federal agents tasked with doing what you say will be done. He doesn't want that many federal employees who aren't military dead on his watch.

The right will get what they rightly deserve.

...I thought the fall of Chicago happened after he left Mack.

Maybe you're right shintao BUT I know the left been killing babies in the womb up there for a while.

If they are ever judged...I wonder what they'll get for what they rightly deserve.

its illegal and impeachable

But no matter

Normal Americans wont follow these idiotic tyrannical laws

?

Got to be a dealer to have a background check. Barry doesn't have the power to require all sales have a check.... Or the money

Isn't the funding already there for law enforcement to act on an Executive Order, especially one connected to an emergency or threat in America?

No. It has to come from somewhere.

What's he going to do? Cut back on travel?

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

-Lao Tzu

That's the reason you don't get common sense laws.... People are afraid of the camel getting his nose in the tent.