Not Found

The requested URL /~kowalski/food_for_thought.htm was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• 2 weeks later...

In the USA, the case for anti-antisemitism is obvious. So many Jews are bankers. It's hard for any observant person not to feel like the economic collapse didnt come from Jewish bankers at Wallstreet who run ponzi schemes and everything else. When you look at this video, and you know Blankfein is a Jew, there is an obvious target. He's saying what he did was okay.

Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein: - Amount of federal income taxes paid in 2008? Zero. $278 million tax refund. - Taxpayer Bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department? $824 billion. - Amount of federal income taxes Goldman Sachs would have owed if offshore tax havens were eliminated? $2.7 billion

• 3 weeks later...

In the USA, the case for anti-antisemitism is obvious. So many Jews are bankers. It's hard for any observant person not to feel like the economic collapse didnt come from Jewish bankers at Wallstreet who run ponzi schemes and everything else. When you look at this video, and you know Blankfein is a Jew, there is an obvious target. He's saying what he did was okay.

The argument you're making is this:

Michijo's racist argument: Those Jews over there did bad things. Therefore anti-semitism, i.e hatred for all Jews, is ok.

That is certainly racist, and unfair to boot (not to mention dumb-as-a-post). If you're going to look at some members of a group to determine what the group's characteristics are, then you'd also have to look at Jewish doctors who healing the sick, Jewish scientific researchers who find new understanding of the world, Jewish engineers who make things work, Jewish comedians, actors and film-makers who entertain us, Jewish writers who add to our culture.

And all the other Jews who worked hard, succeeded, and helped make America great (just like many others).

You're very quick to blame all Jews for the actions of some small minority of Jews you don't like. What about the contributions of the rest? Look at this link: Nobel Prizes have been awarded to over 850 individuals, of whom at least 170 individuals (20%) were Jews, although Jews comprise less than 0.2% of the world's population (or 1 in every 500 people). Overall, Jews have won a total of 41% of all the Nobel Prizes in economics, 28% of medicine, 26% of physics, 19% of chemistry, 13% of literature and 9% of all peace awards.

With that incredibly out-sized contribution to the knowledge, culture and capability of the world, if you want to (incorrectly) identify the whole group with the individuals in the group, then what you should be doing is thanking Jews for their hugely out-sized performance.

Or we could go the American way: try suspected criminals, presume innocence until guilt is proven, punish the guilty. And reward out-sized achievement with promotions, salaries and influence.

• Upvote 1

Michijo's racist argument: Those Jews over there did bad things. Therefore anti-semitism, i.e hatred for all Jews, is ok.

That is certainly racist, and unfair to boot (not to mention dumb-as-a-post). If you're going to look at some members of a group to determine what the group's characteristics are, then you'd also have to look at Jewish doctors who healing the sick, Jewish scientific researchers who find new understanding of the world, Jewish engineers who make things work, Jewish comedians, actors and film-makers who entertain us, Jewish writers who add to our culture.

And all the other Jews who worked hard, succeeded, and helped make America great (just like many others).

You're very quick to blame all Jews for the actions of some small minority of Jews you don't like. What about the contributions of the rest? Look at this link: Nobel Prizes have been awarded to over 850 individuals, of whom at least 170 individuals (20%) were Jews, although Jews comprise less than 0.2% of the world's population (or 1 in every 500 people). Overall, Jews have won a total of 41% of all the Nobel Prizes in economics, 28% of medicine, 26% of physics, 19% of chemistry, 13% of literature and 9% of all peace awards.

With that incredibly out-sized contribution to the knowledge, culture and capability of the world, if you want to (incorrectly) identify the whole group with the individuals in the group, then what you should be doing is thanking Jews for their hugely out-sized performance.

Or we could go the American way: try suspected criminals, presume innocence until guilt is proven, punish the guilty. And reward out-sized achievement with promotions, salaries and influence.

They do kick ass in the sciences.

I could never figure out why, Jonas Salk & his team were not awarded the Nobel Prize for saving the world from one of the monsters of the 20th century.

Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? Malachi 2:10

Maybe that is the meaning behind Ephesians 6:12, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness [unprincipled laws] of this world, against spiritual wickedness [corrupt policies] in high places.

Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers? Malachi 2:10
Maybe that is the meaning behind Ephesians 6:12, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness [unprincipled laws] of this world, against spiritual wickedness [corrupt policies] in high places.

Please, whatever it is you mean, can you make it clear in modern, unambiguous language?

What is the covenant, who is profaning it, and how are they doing that?

Who are the rulers of darkness, and what is their wickedness?

And what's wrong with darkness anyway? Night isn't evil, it's just the rotation of the earth, which has no moral dimension.

I could never figure out why, Jonas Salk & his team were not awarded the Nobel Prize for saving the world from one of the monsters of the 20th century.

Salk and Sabin were both Jews, but not every Jewish scientist wins a Nobel. :P

Actually Sabin was competing with Salk, and it was a bitter and contentious competition. I'm guessing that the bitterness of the "dead virus" / "live virus" debate repelled some of the Nobel committee.

Here's another person's explanation. His is probably better than mine. He says that "Salk did not discover anything new, but simply put together existing technologies in a productive way."

Not that this wasn't good an productive and important work, but that the Nobel committee looks for new discoveries, not simply applications of already discovered knowledge.

Salk and Sabin were both Jews, but not every Jewish scientist wins a Nobel. :P

Actually Sabin was competing with Salk, and it was a bitter and contentious competition. I'm guessing that the bitterness of the "dead virus" / "live virus" debate repelled some of the Nobel committee.

Here's another person's explanation. His is probably better than mine. He says that "Salk did not discover anything new, but simply put together existing technologies in a productive way."

Not that this wasn't good an productive and important work, but that the Nobel committee looks for new discoveries, not simply applications of already discovered knowledge.

Didn't Obama get a Nobel Prize for "existing"

Didn't Obama get a Nobel Prize for "existing"

The reason they said was "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people".

So no, it wasn't for existing. You can stop waiting for your peace prize to arrive.

Obama himself acknowledged that "perhaps the most profound issue surrounding my receipt of this prize is the fact that I am the Commander-in-Chief of the military of a nation in the midst of two wars."

Please, whatever it is you mean, can you make it clear in modern, unambiguous language? Not really, because it's not that complicated.

What is the covenant, who is profaning it, and how are they doing that? See above

Who are the rulers of darkness, and what is their wickedness?

And what's wrong with darkness anyway? Night isn't evil, it's just the rotation of the earth, which has no moral dimension.

Who said there is anything wrong with the Two Great Lights, much less them being evil. [fyi-rehtorical ?]

Of course the two great lights, Night and Day are the result of the rotation of the earth, what did you think visible light was emitted from the moon. [fyi-another rehtorical ?]

Anyways, try to stay on topic.

Who said there is anything wrong with the Two Great Lights, much less them being evil. [fyi-rehtorical ?]

Of course the two great lights, Night and Day are the result of the rotation of the earth, what did you think visible light was emitted from the moon. [fyi-another rehtorical ?]

Anyways, try to stay on topic.

?

The reason they said was "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between people".

So no, it wasn't for existing. You can stop waiting for your peace prize to arrive.

Obama himself acknowledged that "perhaps the most profound issue surrounding my receipt of this prize is the fact that I am the Commander-in-Chief of the military of a nation in the midst of two wars."

I forgot about the monumental strides he has made. He even located those 7 missing states.

If not Muslim - he is certainly pro Muslim, & he will sell this country out if he has the means. Only a fool would not see his agenda. Workplace violence my white ass. He is a coward when it comes to taking a stand for decent American citizens.

Remember the Fort Hood Allah Akbar workplace violent incident. I rest my case.

I rest my case.

You have no case.

You know there's a no-holds barred forum where you can express your contempt for Obama all you like. There's no need to do it in a thread on antisemitism in the Water Cooler forum.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't hate Jews. I want them to have the USA in exchange for giving me Canadian citizenship and setting me free from the Military Industrial Complex and endless war and Libertarian banking schemes that end up relying on the state. After all I'm voting for Bernie Sanders and he's a Jew, so I must not hate all of them.

I don't hate Jews. I want them to have the USA in exchange for giving me Canadian citizenship and setting me free from the Military Industrial Complex and endless war and Libertarian banking schemes that end up relying on the state.

Canada also has the Military Industrial Complex, just smaller than the US version. Not less powerful within the country because they're about the same size percent-wise. However the military alone is smaller percent-wise.

Canada also has Jews and they're in pretty much the same professions as in the US and also roughly in the same percentage: about 2% of the population.

Where in British Columbia are you? What city, and what are you near?

• Downvote 1

Canada also has the Military Industrial Complex, just smaller than the US version. Not less powerful within the country because they're about the same size percent-wise. However the military alone is smaller percent-wise.

Canada also has Jews and they're in pretty much the same professions as in the US and also roughly in the same percentage: about 2% of the population.

Where in British Columbia are you? What city, and what are you near?

That's non of your business. The important thing is that I am far away from anything like assholes retired in Florida and their boring genteel coastal police state. Enjoy lousy coastal reality and admit that some people want to escape from anyone even remotely like yourself. Just make the USA into this shithole for old rich people and young Americans will immigrate to Canada to get away from the "too much USA".

Someone said to me "Canada is just USA-lite. Why would you move there?" And my response was merely to refrain the question as a statement: Because Canada is USA-lite, because it's not as extreme as the USA, that's the interest. Hard for you to comprehend probably.

Because,troll, you're not in BC any more than you're in Chiapas.

And what concern is it to you where I live? I'm only in your head. No one else can see my posts. They appear to you only as part of a hallucination you are having. You are actually looking at a website of women in swimsuits but your imagination has created this forum. It must seem so real to you.

I'm actually a manifestation of your subconscious mind, someone arguing with you about where you are from: Canada. I'm necessary for you at this time to make sense of where you live now: Florida, in the hot humid world of the deep south.