Sign in to follow this  
drvoke

Bill Cosby is charged with sexually assaulting a woman

So? You asked why someone would wait that long, and I said perhaps she was fearful of hatred and death threats directed towards her as a result of accusing a famous and beloved figure. I'm not sure why you are finding that so confusing.

]I cannot imagine why you did, but you can say whatever you wish.

I said that in response to your question as to why someone might have waiting that long. I'm not sure why you are finding this so impossibly confusing.

================================================================

I did not say it was confusing. I simply think your answer is inadequate. and based on false and perhaps paranoid assumptions.

If I were this woman, I would have waited no longer than two years, and after that, I would have forgotten about it.

If she were my daughter, I would have pestered her for two years, and then stopped doing so.

I really think that there would be little chance of a Cosby fan so devoted that he would make death threats against Cosby in this situation.

]With regard to the term "monster". Jack the Ripper was monster. A number 10 on the Evil Rapist scale.

Jack the Ripper wasn't a rapist at all. He was a serial killer.

Cosby was maybe, in comparison a 3.

He has done this to HUNDREDS of victims. Once again, your opinion that crimes that happen to other people are no big deal is noted.

He did no physical harm, no one was impregnated.

Mental and emotional scars from rape last a lifetime. Your attempt to minimize and dismiss that is also noted.

He used chemistry and pharmacology rather than brute force.

Like that. Tell your fictional daughter that when Cosby drugged and raped her, while she knows that while she was helpless he violated her physically any way he liked, that because he didn't punch her, it doesn't really matter.

And Cosby may be a huge hypocrite, hiding behind the jovial Fat Albert and the avuncular Dr. Cliff Huxtable, but his TV shows were a positive force in this country against racism and stereotyping.

Irrelevant to his shockingly prolific and apparently continual rapes.

Again, I am not in charge of deciding anything. I am 100% behind the court deciding what the penalty should be.

Me, too.

But in a world in which Jack the Ripper is a Class 10 Monster, I would say that Cos is only a Class 3 Monster at most.

And we know why - because he didn't rape anyone you actually care about, what was done to those HUNDREDS of women is no big deal.

I recall that Cosby stopped supporting Lisa Bonet because of her role as a fornicating mambo voodoo priestess in the film "Angel Heart". he thought it was a terrible career choice. Now I wonder is there was more to Lisa leaving. Lisa Bonet never made it big as a star, but she did pretty well. Check out her Wikipedia page.

Agreed.

I wonder where we put the border between mere rapist and monster rapist.

Well, despite your apparent belief that unless you are severely physically injured, rape doesn't really matter, I would say the sheer volume of his crimes puts him squarely in the monster category.[

He has done this to HUNDREDS of victims.

Actually, the number of women accusing Cosby stands at 55 last I heard (today).

So can we use your same logic to assume the number of Clinton’s victims was in the HUNDREDS?

Just saying ...

There are lots of people who have done a lot of good as well as committed evil deeds.

Jack the Ripper was both a rapist AND a serial killer. That makes him a major monster.

Cosby is not the only person that has both good and evil to his resume.

Consider Dr Fritz Haber.

https://onthegroundforum.wordpress.com/2012/02/29/fritz-haber-the-guy-who-invented-synthetic-nitrogen-fertilizer-and-chemical-warfare/

]I did not say it was confusing. I simply think your answer is inadequate.

That makes no sense of any kind. First you lied that I had "made it up", and now you keep accusingly saying "Well, YOU SAID IT!, as though that means anything. My response makes perfect sense. Instead of continually wailing about it, explain how it is "inadequate".

and based on false and perhaps paranoid assumptions.

You are actually going to sit there and try to claim that women who accuse famous and beloved figures of rape don't get viciously attacked by members of the public? Called liars and sluts and golddigging whores? Or, perhaps, sneeringly asked why they "waited so long", or told that if they weren't punched, it doesn't really matter? What fairyland to you LIVE in, exactly?

]If I were this woman, I would have waited no longer than two years, and after that, I would have forgotten about it.

What you CLAIM you would do is irrelevant.

]If she were my daughter, I would have pestered her for two years, and then stopped doing so.

And when she finally worked up the courage to do so, you would have told her that your "take" is that she waited too long, and should forget criminal charges, and just take him to civil court. Where, undoubtedly, men like you would suggestively and sneeringly ask "If she was actually raped, why is she only going for the money?"

I really think that there would be little chance of a Cosby fan so devoted that he would make death threats against Cosby in this situation.

Ridiculously naïve nonsense.

So can we use your same logic to assume the number of Clinton’s victims was in the HUNDREDS?

Just saying ...

That isn't "the same logic" , you hilarously mentally disorganized clown.

There are lots of people who have done a lot of good as well as committed evil deeds.

Jack the Ripper was both a rapist AND a serial killer.

No, he wasn't. Not knowing what you are talking about, and yet still making pronouncements as though you do, makes all your opinions equally suspect.

That makes him a major monster.

Serial killers are all monsters.

Cosby is not the only person that has both good and evil to his resume.

And fire is hot. Do you have a point?

]Consider Dr Fritz Haber.

No, thanks.

That isn't "the same logic" , you hilarously mentally disorganized clown.

Really, POP!?

Seems like the identical logic.

You claim the existence of other cases based on existing claims by 50.

Dozens of women have alleged rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment by Clinton over the years.

So by your logic there must at least be a hundred women out there who been accosted by him.

But are too afraid to come forward because of the treatment they've seen the existing accusers get ...

... at the hands of the Clintons, mainstream press, Democratic Party operatives (like Carvel and Blumenthal) and ...

... Democratic *women* like YOU.

Just saying ...

All serial killers are worse monsters than Bill Cosby.

Cosby cannot be tried as a monster. No one can be tried as a monster. Everyone is presumed innocent before the law.

Everyone will be tried as a citizen. So this monster stuff is rather irrelevant name-calling, isn't it?

I am sure that i will not complain about whatever verdict they come to, I will do nothing to change it.

\

Dr Fritz Haber was a German of Jewish extraction that won a Nobel Prize for inventing a process to make nitrogen fertilizer and vastly increase crop yields. Then he came up with the idea of poison gas: chlorine gas to start with. Zylon was developed as an insecticide in his lab, and was later modified into Zyklon-B. Talk about irony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_Haber

So, no matter how positive an influence Cosby was as Fat Albert, as Dr Huxtable, and in his work on Sesame Street, he deserves the same penalty as some guy who sold used cars and seduced women in the same way?

It is a thought-provoking question. Can we say that Cosby's demerits render all his merits utterly meaningless?

So can we use your same logic to assume the number of Clintons victims was in the HUNDREDS?

Just saying ...

Clinton didn't drug anybody to take advantage of them, sir.

So Pop! ...

Monica Lewinsky testified under oath (Starr report) that Clinton told her that "he had had hundreds of affairs" before the age of 40.

How many were non-consensual *affairs*, given that by 1986 he’d already reportedly raped at least 6 women that we know of? Hmmmm?

Clinton didn't drug anybody to take advantage of them, sir.

No, he just bit them on the lip and threatened to destroy them if they told anyone.

So Pop! ...

Monica Lewinsky testified under oath (Starr report) that Clinton told her that "he had had hundreds of affairs" before the age of 40.

How many were non-consensual *affairs*, given that by 1986 hed already reportedly raped at least 6 women that we know of? Hmmmm?

No, he just bit them on the lip and threatened to destroy them if they told anyone.

Maybe that's what buttercup means when she says "success with the ladies."

Maybe that's what buttercup means when she says "success with the ladies."

Yeah, the NOW types do seem to admire that.

Did Monica require him to swear with his hand on the Bible when he said that?

It doesn't count unless he swore that it was true.

It is true: no statement can be accepted as true unless it is declared under oath.

In a liberal's world. And even then half the time the liberal is lying. Just saying ...

Really, POP!?

Seems like the identical logic.

Well, that's because not only are you a mental basket case, but you are on this sad, neverending crusade to protect your broken ego with fantasy.

Fifty five accusations against a non-political figure, versus two -and one recanted - against a man whom Republicans had spent years and millions trying to slander, and telling the most outrageous lies about to harm him politically,

are not the same.

Ask your therapist to explain it to you.

I base it on the fact that those FIFTY-FIVE cases span forty years.

Dozens of women have alleged rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment by Clinton over the years.

Lie. Of course.

So by your logic there must at least be a hundred women out there who been accosted by him.

That isn't my logic. My logic is unaffected by your idiotic bullshit and lies.

But are too afraid to come forward because of the treatment they've seen the existing accusers get ...

Talk to Onassis - he thinks that women who accuse public figures of rape don't get any bad treatment. He refers to thinking that they do as "paranoia".

... at the hands of the Clintons, mainstream press, Democratic Party operatives (like Carvel and Blumenthal) and ...... Democratic *women* like YOU.

Then you'll have no problem QUOTING me, will you, clown.

All serial killers are worse monsters than Bill Cosby.

The question isn't who is the "worse" monster. The question is why you are on this continual campaign to dismiss and minimize as unimportant Cosby's drugging and sexually violating HUNDREDS of women while they were helpless.

It's not a big deal.

He did good things in his life, too!

He's only a "3".

Everyone has good and bad in them!

His victims didn't get punched, so it isn't that bad.

So they were drugged, that means it didn't matter to them.

If they don't come forward right away, there shouldn't be any criminal charges.

They should just "get over it".

One might almost think you had a personal stake in this.

I think Cosby is a scumbag but this case is pretty lame.

I don't buy it.

EVERYONE, who was doing recreational-drugs (back, then), was doing 'Ludes!!!!!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/5d315e4e5007477faa88e2cf47fde5c1/cosby-testimony-puts-70s-party-drug-quaaludes-back-news

zgDMGJCX31G1rIV.jpg

http://www.quaaludebottle.com/

I "smell" a herd o' women who are attempting to "ca$h-out".....before the "bank" run$, dry!!!!!

Did Monica require him to swear with his hand on the Bible when he said that?

It doesn't count unless he swore that it was true.

Does that help you sleep at night?

Only scumbags make excuses for racists,,,,

He will probably get off. The accusers will either decide not to testify, or they'll do so and have their credibility eviscerated.

Fifty five accusations against a non-political figure, versus two -and one recanted

Gee ... Pop! can't even get one sentence out without lying.

There are far more than two accusations against Bill Clinton.

Pop! must know that by now …

… given all the times I've pointed out the MANY other accusations to her.

And the one accusation that was recanted was recanted out of fear.

Out of fear of what the Clintons and people like Pop! would do to her if she did otherwise.

We're talking about Juanita Broaddrick, of course.

She signed an affidavit supplied by Clinton henchman Bruce Lindsey saying she wasn't raped.

Hoping that would keep her from getting involved with Clinton and his thugs.

But she was dragged into it anyway.

Then under pressure to not lie under oath to Starr’s FBI investigators, she recanted the recant.

And told them believable reasons why she did it.

Fact is that EVERYONE who interviewed her walked away believing her.

FBI agents.

Police officers with experience in rape cases.

The Democrat Prosecutor who led the Impeachment investigation.

Ken Starr.

The interviewers from MSNBC (who were clearly on the left and had no bone to pick against Clinton).

All said they believed her.

Then numerous House members went to see all the evidence that was laid out against Clinton.

More evidence than was made available to the public.

Still sealed evidence.

And they ALL walked out of the Ford Building saying that what Clinton did was sickening.

Saying they'd now vote for impeachment.

So all you’re doing now Pop! is lying and spinning.

And everyone is watching you do it.

The two examples are exactly equivalent.

DOZENS of women accused Clinton of sexual predation in one form or another.

And by the same rule that led you to claim hundreds of women were victimized by Cosby …

… I hearby declare that at least a hundred women must have been victims of Clinton.

It's only logical.

:D

I base it on the fact that those FIFTY-FIVE cases span forty years.

And I base it on the fact that the six known rapes before 40 all took place in a span of only 15 years.

And many of them occurred when Clinton was not yet in a position of absolute power.

Imagine how many others he got away with when he was?

When he had people like Bruce Lindsey and Cody Shearer to shut them up.

Lie. Of course.

No, that’s a fact, you PIG.

A fact that I have backed up many times on this forum.

Right here I can list nearly 2 dozen women without even trying.

Never mind all the accusations of affairs that Bill denied but we now know occurred.

- Paula Corbin Jones (harassment).

- Kathleen Willey (assault).

- Liz Ward Gracen (rape).

- Juanita Broaddrick (rape).

- Sally Perdue (harassment).

- Monica Lewinsky (harassment).

- Dolly Kyle Browning (harassment).

- Oxford University student, Eileen Wellston (rape).

- a 22-year-old student at Yale in 1972 (rape)

- a woman activist when Bill was in San Francisco that 1972 (rape)

- University of Arkansas student (Kathy Bradshaw?) (assault)

- Little Rock legal secretary Carolyn Moffet (assault)

- Sandra Allen James, another political fundraiser (assault)

- Christy Zercher, a flight attendant on Clinton's campaign plane (molested)

- another flight attendant that can be seen in video shot on board Clinton’s plane by ABC News (molested)

- Helen Dowdy, wife of one of Hillary’s cousins (harassment)

- Becky Brown, Chelsea’s nanny and wife of L.D. Brown, an Arkansas State Trooper (harassment)

- the seven women who complained to Arkansas state troopers between 1978 and 1980 (assault)

That’s TWO DOZEN right there, and I’m sure I missed a few.

Like allegations about a 14 year old he allegedly raped.

Like several female White House Secret Service agents he allegedly harassed.

Like another Willey-like case with another Clinton aide.

And who knows what he was up to on Jeffrey Epstein's island.

Just saying …

All he needs is Johnny Cochran. I can see it now "If the dick don't fit, you must acquit"

Oh, man.

Gee ... Pop! can't even get one sentence out without lying.There are far more than two accusations against Bill Clinton.Pop! must know that by now …… given all the times I've pointed out the MANY other accusations to her.And the one accusation that was recanted was recanted out of fear.Out of fear of what the Clintons and people like Pop! would do to her if she did otherwise.We're talking about Juanita Broaddrick, of course.She signed an affidavit supplied by Clinton henchman Bruce Lindsey saying she wasn't raped.Hoping that would keep her from getting involved with Clinton and his thugs.But she was dragged into it anyway.Then under pressure to not lie under oath to Starr’s FBI investigators, she recanted the recant.And told them believable reasons why she did it.Fact is that EVERYONE who interviewed her walked away believing her.FBI agents.Police officers with experience in rape cases.The Democrat Prosecutor who led the Impeachment investigation.Ken Starr.The interviewers from MSNBC (who were clearly on the left and had no bone to pick against Clinton).All said they believed her.Then numerous House members went to see all the evidence that was laid out against Clinton.More evidence than was made available to the public.Still sealed evidence.And they ALL walked out of the Ford Building saying that what Clinton did was sickening.Saying they'd now vote for impeachment.So all you’re doing now Pop! is lying and spinning.And everyone is watching you do it.The two examples are exactly equivalent.DOZENS of women accused Clinton of sexual predation in one form or another.And by the same rule that led you to claim hundreds of women were victimized by Cosby …… I hearby declare that at least a hundred women must have been victims of Clinton.It's only logical.:DAnd I base it on the fact that the six known rapes before 40 all took place in a span of only 15 years.And many of them occurred when Clinton was not yet in a position of absolute power.Imagine how many others he got away with when he was?When he had people like Bruce Lindsey and Cody Shearer to shut them up.No, that’s a fact, you PIG.A fact that I have backed up many times on this forum.Right here I can list nearly 2 dozen women without even trying.Never mind all the accusations of affairs that Bill denied but we now know occurred.- Paula Corbin Jones (harassment).- Kathleen Willey (assault).- Liz Ward Gracen (rape).- Juanita Broaddrick (rape).- Sally Perdue (harassment).- Monica Lewinsky (harassment).- Dolly Kyle Browning (harassment).- Oxford University student, Eileen Wellston (rape).- a 22-year-old student at Yale in 1972 (rape)- a woman activist when Bill was in San Francisco that 1972 (rape)- University of Arkansas student (Kathy Bradshaw?) (assault)- Little Rock legal secretary Carolyn Moffet (assault)- Sandra Allen James, another political fundraiser (assault)- Christy Zercher, a flight attendant on Clinton's campaign plane (molested)- another flight attendant that can be seen in video shot on board Clinton’s plane by ABC News (molested)- Helen Dowdy, wife of one of Hillary’s cousins (harassment)- Becky Brown, Chelsea’s nanny and wife of L.D. Brown, an Arkansas State Trooper (harassment)- the seven women who complained to Arkansas state troopers between 1978 and 1980 (assault)That’s TWO DOZEN right there, and I’m sure I missed a few.Like allegations about a 14 year old he allegedly raped.Like several female White House Secret Service agents he allegedly harassed.Like another Willey-like case with another Clinton aide.And who knows what he was up to on Jeffrey Epstein's island.Just saying …

Poor Bea is having another one of his hysterical, drooling spasms, shrieking at his invisible friends.

Where IS his attendant?