Guests feel free to register and post ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS FEEL FREE TO REGISTER AND POST ×
WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AND GUESTS ×

Discussion + Poll: Do you think Bill Clinton will be highly influentia

doodoobird

If Hillary Clinton wins, how much influence do you think Bill Clinton will have?

If Hillary gets into office, do you think Bill will have a strong influence guiding Hillary? Do you think Bill will want to interfere with her presidency, or could Hillary completely ingore his advice? What do you think Bill's role will be in her administration; secretary of state? Vice president (obviously this is a bit of a fantasy.)?

Bill and Hillary's joint decision-making at the beginning of his presidency was as overt as it would ever be in the White House. "He would say, 'Hillary thinks this. What do you think?'" said White House counsel Bernard Nussbaum. "They really were a partnership. She was the absolutely necessary person he had to have to bounce things up against, and he was that for her. I sensed a tremendous need for each other. They didn't have to see each other, but they would talk continually every day." In deference to her continuing role as Bill's "closer," staff members called Hillary "the Supreme Court." "We would always say, 'Has the Supreme Court been consulted?'" recalled Dee Dee Myers, the president's press secretary for two years, now a V.F. contributing editor. Whenever Bill said, "Let me think about it," aides knew he intended to call Hillary. (Vanity Fair, 2007)

When Bill Clinton was president, his advisors nicknamed Hillary as the "Supreme Court" because he would consult her on every decision he made.

Do you think he will have similar influence in a Hillary administration?

Obviously, we can not be completely sure as we've never seen this situation before.

I feel political dynasties only add to the already existing trend of putting too much power in too few hands. Could Chelsea be next? It might seem unlikely but increasingly concentrated power means more influence. For instance, it's not inconceivable that papa Bush and brother Bush could use their influence to pull strings at the Republican convention to get Jeb the nomination.

Back to the subject. IMO, Bill will be part and parcel of a Hillary presidency. As a former president, Bill has access to security briefings and classified information. Something Hillary didn't have when Bill was president. Bill is already heavily involved in Hillary's campaign so there's a good chance that his participation could extend into a Hillary presidency.

From a practical point of view, that might not be a bad thing. A collaboration could save Hillary from some of the early political mistakes that Bill made. And when it comes to domestic or foreign policy, two heads are often better than one. Presumably, Hillary, as president, would have the last word.

We've had a similar situation recently with Cheney - Bush. From many accounts, In the early part of Bush's presidency, the one in charge was really Cheney.

I feel political dynasties only add to the already existing trend of putting too much power in too few hands. Could Chelsea be next? It might seem unlikely but increasingly concentrated power means more influence. For instance, it's not inconceivable that papa Bush and brother Bush could use their influence to pull strings at the Republican convention to get Jeb the nomination.

Back to the subject. IMO, Bill will be part and parcel of a Hillary presidency. As a former president, Bill has access to security briefings and classified information. Something Hillary didn't have when Bill was president. Bill is already heavily involved in Hillary's campaign so there's a good chance that his participation could extend into a Hillary presidency.

From a practical point of view, that might not be a bad thing. A collaboration could save Hillary from some of the early political mistakes that Bill made. And when it comes to domestic or foreign policy, two heads are often better than one. Presumably, Hillary, as president, would have the last word.

We've had a similar situation recently with Cheney - Bush. From many accounts, In the early part of Bush's presidency, the one in charge was really Cheney.

I think that Bill could hardly help being in a position of power and influence in a Hillary administration. They're married, after all, and he's a politician on his own hook.

And I very much doubt it will be an analog of Bush-Cheney. Cheney was really the President, after all. I actually think that Bush, at least to some extent, served as a 'useful idiot' to pull in the evangelical votes...

Very interesting question. We all know that all presidents would use their wives, so they could somehow connect as it were with --- whatever, sexism...

I'm sure she'd mention Bill from time to time. Bill's into his own thing, she'll say. Or, Bill's, been around the block, if you know what I mean, she'll maybe say at an ornate dinner party for gags.

Of course, secretly, when push comes to shove in the war room at the pentagon, Bill will be running the show... (I'm just kidding!)

No Bill will have total freedom. I fucked that assistant of yours Hill, what you gonna do, divorce me? He'll be like I, screwed them all Hill, I want to screw every girl I meet. And she'll be like, secret service, you make sure that asshole don't get caught!!!

never liked the Clinton's much myself. The two are both very phony in my opinion. I'd definitely vote for Hillary if it came down to it however.

Peace!

If Hillary Clinton wins, how much influence do you think Bill Clinton will have?

If Hillary gets into office, do you think Bill will have a strong influence guiding Hillary? Do you think Bill will want to interfere with her presidency, or could Hillary completely ingore his advice? What do you think Bill's role will be in her administration; secretary of state? Vice president (obviously this is a bit of a fantasy.)?

When Bill Clinton was president, his advisors nicknamed Hillary as the "Supreme Court" because he would consult her on every decision he made.

Do you think he will have similar influence in a Hillary administration?

Obviously, we can not be completely sure as we've never seen this situation before.

Bill Clinton did well.. has experience. I see NO way he's got any official TITLE but I bet he's a valued consultant. Beat the hell out of Rush Limbaugh pulling strings.

Bill Clinton did well.. has experience. I see NO way he's got any official TITLE but I bet he's a valued consultant. Beat the hell out of Rush Limbaugh pulling strings.

Very interesting question. We all know that all presidents would use their wives, so they could somehow connect as it were with --- whatever, sexism...

I'm sure she'd mention Bill from time to time. Bill's into his own thing, she'll say. Or, Bill's, been around the block, if you know what I mean, she'll maybe say at an ornate dinner party for gags.

Of course, secretly, when push comes to shove in the war room at the pentagon, Bill will be running the show... (I'm just kidding!)

No Bill will have total freedom. I fucked that assistant of yours Hill, what you gonna do, divorce me? He'll be like I, screwed them all Hill, I want to screw every girl I meet. And she'll be like, secret service, you make sure that asshole don't get caught!!!

never liked the Clinton's much myself. The two are both very phony in my opinion. I'd definitely vote for Hillary if it came down to it however.

Peace!

LOL....... I got a short list of about 40 women I know and would be happy to screw.......and I think I should not even ask. At this point..... why spoil a nice relationship? When I was a young horn-dog.....I struck out more than I scored. Then.. for me...if I did score it ain't NEWS.. ain't a big scandal. Me and Bill are about the same age. I find that some random sex often ain't worth the hassles now. Back when I was younger... WTF? Go for it.

I think Bill's public role will be very small. Hillary will be sensitive to gender bias in the public's perception. She won't want anyone, domestic or foreign, to doubt that she's the one in charge. Privately, he could be invaluable as a confidant and trusted adviser...if they have that kind of relationship. I'm not sure how close they are really.